I started a new seven-day diet analysis and my nutritional summary indicated that my sodium intake has improved from 2628mg to 2262mg. My Plate suggested that I should have no more than 2300mg of sodium per day. I started to eat more grilled chicken and stayed away from pizza, burgers, and fries. As far as Fiber, I started to eat more vegetables such as, carrots, chickpeas, string beans, broccoli, and almonds. My fiber intake has improved from 12g to 26g, this is great! According to My Plate I should be at 25g now that I made these diet changes, my fiber intake has improved. My iron intake did not improve in a two -week time frame, I was at 10mg and now I am at 12mg. My Plate suggest 18mg is needed. I understand that Iron is very important in my diet, I need to in...
... middle of paper ...
...tes and my target according to My plate 150 minutes. As a student I understand the importance of exercise, does not mean spend hours at the gym, just by doing 30 minute workouts over a week period makes you feel good about yourself. Being active leads to a healthy lifestyle.
Overall, I found “My Plate” to be very interesting. I never once thought about whether my diet provided the right amount of vitamins and minerals my body required until now. This program helped me realize how important a good nutritional diet is when it comes to the essential roles of each vitamin and mineral contained in the foods I eat. With the information I have learned from this “My Plate” assignment, I am even more determined and motivated to change my lifestyle and to train myself to make wiser food choices. I know that making the right food choices will take dedication and that there
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Somerset Maugham said that “To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day”. “To live anywhere in the world you should eat at least three times a day” is probably close to the truth as well. What people eat and drink in countries close to the Mediterranean Sea is called the Mediterranean Diet. To compare this Mediterranean Diet to a typical Diet from the south of Benin, it would be correct to say that the Benin Diet is equivalent to the Mediterranean Diet because although the nutritional values are lower in the Beninois diet, it is cheaper and easier to find than the Mediterranean diet in the southern region of Benin.... [tags: health, mediterranean diet]
1062 words (3 pages)
- In recent years, dietary restrictions such as vegetarianism and veganism have become very popular lifestyle choices. One of the reasons many people chose to switch to a vegetarian diet is because they believe that it’s a healthier choice from a nutritional perspective. For the last few years nutritionists and health specialists have been saying that meat, eggs and animal fats are bad for us, and that we’ll live longer and healthier if we decrease our consumption or avoid them. This idea has been strongly reinforced into our society that few people even question it anymore.... [tags: Nutrition, Meat, Veganism, Diet]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Mediterranean diet has been known to be the healthiest diet in world for the past years. Medical doctors and nutritionist recommend Mediterranean diets to their patients. This perception and attitude has led to the devaluation of other regional foods which upon further investigation may be if not more, equally healthy like the Mediterranean diet. An example of such situation is my regional diet- the Ghanaian diet. This article is therefore to prove that my regional diet is equally nutritious, accessible and even more economical than the Mediterranean diet using Greece as my target in the Mediterranean region.... [tags: compare contrast essays]
2007 words (5.7 pages)
- The feed analysis enabled the nutritional difference to be distinguished and evaluated on a range of species. Within table one the statistics illustrated that the Felix feed was predominantly the highest amongst most sections. The Felix feed contains the highest quantity of moisture due to being a wet based food, although once removing the 84.74% moisture, high quantities of sugar remained visible (Schultze, 2010). The calf pellets, high oil trout feed, horse completion mix, pig weaner mix and Supadog have all the nutritional requirement compressed into a dry based feed so the percentage of moisture remained low.... [tags: Vitamin, Nutrition, Vitamin C, Essential nutrient]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- Nutritional Analysis Nutrition and physical activity are important aspects as they improve health and reduce chronic diseases. In June of this year my family physician placed me on a doctor assisted weight loss program that enabled me to eat my favorite foods but in appropriate proportions and in heathier ways. The best part about Supertracker is that it gives me wonderful tools to support me in understanding and meeting my goals. Once I created a profile through Supertracker I was provided a personal plan to follow including the amount of grains, vegetables, fruits, and protein I needed to be successful.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Saturated fat, Fatty acid]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Nutrition plays a very important role in our lives, it could help to extend or decrease our life span as well as define our degree of livelihood as we progress into old age. With our potential to live longer than ever before comes the urgent need to monitor and adjust the amounts, the types of food and supplements that we ingest into our bodies. Proper nutrition in our early years will not only lead to a learned commitment but will also lead to a lifetime habit toward a healthy extended life.... [tags: Health, Atkins Diet Essays]
1950 words (5.6 pages)
- The purpose of writing this paper is to discuss the pros and cons of my diet. The nutritional analysis have thought me that my choices are not terrible but they are not the beast. However, a healthy lifestyle is necessary if I want to enjoy this life without health complications. Always Including some form of vegetable, fruits, and carbohydrates in my diet is ideal. However, that may not be on a regular basis and the portion might be too small to make a difference or too much to cause harm. I have learned how many grams of fat, saturated fat and protein should be consumed per day by my body.... [tags: Nutrition, Fat, Obesity, Saturated fat]
1045 words (3 pages)
- This diet analysis is a self-study for the days 11/01/15, 11/02/15, and 11/04/15. I am a 21-year-old male, 5’8, and 152 pounds. I met with a registered dietician at the wellness center in the Marshal Student Center for my body composition analysis. I discovered my body fat is 10.7%, and my BMI is 23.1. These scores place me in a healthy, normal range. My daily physical activity level is intermediate. Most of my day is spent desk-bound because of the amount of studying and schoolwork I have to do.... [tags: Nutrition, Vitamin, Fat, Vitamins]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Foster (2013) analyses the nutritional recommendations in the New Zealand diet and gives advice toward restructuring the fat intake for New Zealanders. From reviewing saturated fat it was concluded that there was no significant association between saturated fat intake alone and cardiovascular disease. Furthermore, the low consumption (5%) of one of the ‘healthy’ fats such as polyunsaturated fat was acknowledged in the New Zealand diet, far below the recommendation (6-11%). This is of particular importance as poly-unsaturated fat was found to be pivotal in reducing the risk of cardiovascular events by 10% when replacing saturated fats in the diet.... [tags: influential magazine articles]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Nutritional Immunology Introduction Our report title is New Science: Nutritional Immunology. This report was written because it is one of the assignments of the AMES. If we have to pass this subject, we have done well in this assignment and give an excellent presentation. Our lecturer Ms Nor Azizah asked all the student to do a research, the topic is related to the Science and the write a long report pass up as an assignment. The purpose of this assignment is let all student practice to write a report, it is very useful for future use.... [tags: Papers]
2645 words (7.6 pages)