"I never understand girls like you, Little Miss Abby." He circles around me, and conceals my hand in his, unravelling my tightened fingers, and taking the band of hundred dollar bills. "Betting away your life, and for what?" He brings his head low, to my neck and breathes slowly, and I know he's trying to make me lose my nerve. "Little Miss Abby - a cheap little thrill? A chance to prove you're full of courage?"
"Pull the trigger Tiger." I purr, and roll my head back to rest it on his chest. "You're the one murdering for a cheap dollar." I smirk, and take my band of money from his grasp, throwing it in the middle of the table. "...and for what? A cheap thrill? A chance to prove you have got the nerve to pull the trigger?" I can feel the muzzle of the gun on the back of my head.
One, Two, Three. He breathes slowly, and I do the same. My fingers are clutching at the few straws open to me. I trace my fingers over the scratch marks that have been left embroidered on the table. I try to determine the amount of force it would take for anyone, man or woman, young or old, to claw their way through a solid oak table. Then I remember the situation I had gotten myself into.
I was addicted.
I was addicted to the money, and the ecstasy of winning.
"I've got the power, and I can use that power I've got to cut you down, and I could use that power to crucify myself. Do you know what I'd choose every time Little Miss?" I heave, and feel his weight shifting behind me. There is a snicker from th...
... middle of paper ...
...er with an element of pity, but with an underlying sadness, knowing either he or I will get a bullet through our skulls. I feel the muzzle of the gun, once again at the nape of my neck. He’s breathing heavily.
“Who is more foolish here Little Miss? The girl afraid and cautious of everyone, and everything in the dark, but willing to risk her life for nothing. Or the man afraid of the truth in plain light?” Tiger growls, and I look towards him and at a glance I can see the anger radiating out of his eyes. The trigger is pulled. He places his lips on my cheeks and he lingers there for a moment. I can feel the tears brewing in my eyes. “You think I’d be in this room, choosing between someone I love, and my father If I wasn’t in on it?” He pauses and brings himself around to his fathers side of the room. I look towards the glass, where Orange is looking smugly towards me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Parents make sure their children get a proper diet, wear their bicycle helmet, and get enough sleep. Every parent wants to do what is best for their children and protect them from harm. No parent would allow their child to play with a loaded weapon, even with the safety on, and expect the best outcome. It would never happen. But it does. With every vaccine that is given, we are playing Russian roulette with our children’s lives. Childhood vaccinations have replaced common childhood illness as a “rite of passage” for many young children.... [tags: Health Care]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- ... Smoking tobacco or cigarettes doesn’t always end in a slow death, but it can put your life in a wheel-chair. This quote by Nick Flynn, “I know cigarettes can kill & wonder why she wants to die.” (GoodReads Inc.) It might impact teenagers and some adult’s frame of thinking when it comes to tobacco, and lessen the risks and actually save lives by pointing out that: if you smoke, life is over whether it be in a wheel chair, or talking through a device in the throat or death, it’s Russian roulette.... [tags: lungs, death, cancer]
692 words (2 pages)
- ... The roulette game is totally based on guessing. The online casino roulette is a very easy game. It does not require any complex strategies. It also does not require any form of skills. You just need the desire to experience the thrill of taking risk and receive the winnings when you win. Now we need to know about the important components of online roulette games. • The most important component is the wheel. The best online roulette casino also contains a digital wheel. The online roulette wheel contains thirty-seven to thirty-eight slots.... [tags: casinos, roulette games]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- On the thirty third of May, that man, Tigers father, or as he was so named; Mr Hunter, sat across from me. He had come into some difficulty with a client – who had survived his share of twenty games. I’d known him as Orange, but never struck up a conversation with him that lasted more than a minute. I'd heard that he'd been named Orange, after strolling around in his prison uniform, for eight months after his release. He’d grown tired of Mr Hunter stealing lives away, and went out of his way to grow a gang.... [tags: orange´s conflict, little miss]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Dialogue - The Locket At midnight, Paul went outside and sat on the bench on the old, plank porch. Despite bundling himself in a heavy blanket, he shivered in the cold. The eastern sky before him was dotted with stars, scintillating above the quiet spread of desert. A few lonely clouds were drifting by. Patricia timidly opened the door; hesitant to disrupt Paul’s solitude. As he glanced up at Patricia, she could see the melancholy in his eyes. “What you said today at the funeral was beautiful,” she murmured.... [tags: Dialogue Conversation Essays]
1769 words (5.1 pages)
- Dialogue Essay - Ron was Unhappy Ron was unhappy with the way his life had turned out. He had always expected to be a celebrity; a wealthy celebrity. He had not realized that this would probably require a lot of hard work and discipline. He had depended on luck. Luck had let him down. As he looked back on his short life, he could see how often he had had the opportunity to take luck by the throat. But those opportunities were past now. His life no longer had the prospect of wealth or celebrity.... [tags: Dialogue Essays]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Russia had been an autocratic government for 300 years under the Romanov Dynasty before the revolution of 1917. When problems started in the early 1900’s most people were serfs that had been freed about 20 years before. In 1914 during World War One, Czar Nicholas II decided to stay in war with Germany despite what the rest of his country thought. Nicholas posed a distraction from the countries problems. His plan was to keep his soldiers minds off of the horrible living conditions of Russia by staying in war with Germany and starting a war with Japan in hope that he would lead his country to a victory; both wars were lost, giving Russian citizens more to be upset about.... [tags: Russian History]
1702 words (4.9 pages)
- During the 1900’s the Russian Government made it extremely hard for the Bolsheviks to progress which made them revolt against the government making this a prime matter for the start of the Revolution. The Czarist government was ostracized by the common people of Russia so Tsar Nicholas II was overthrown by the Provisional Government, whom later on were overthrown by Lenin and shortly after the Bolsheviks took control over Russia. Russia was hard to develop because of the major leaders who had control; Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky.... [tags: Russian History]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- High School Dialogue ME- So much to do so little time. What did he say. What paper. Oh crap I have a doctor’s appointment at 4 o’clock. I forgot to tell coach. I’m in trouble. Did I leave the curling iron on, mom’s gonna kill me. Ohh I forgot to wash the dishes last night. What paper is he talking about. I did my biology, Spanish and that paper for theology. I wonder if I have to work next Friday. Hopefully I get out of the doctors on time, my boss hates it when I’m late but I should be okay I don’t start till 6 o’clock.... [tags: Dialogue Essays]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Russian Revolution Between 1861 and 1917, Russian society had undergone many changes. It is safe to say that every aspect of that society had been some how modified. These changes led up to the Bolshevik revolution in November of 1917. Given the nature of Russian society, was the Bolshevik revolution unavoidable. Among the changes Russian society had undergone, one starts off the whole chain of events. This was the emancipation of the serfs, in 1861, by Czar Alexander. The emancipation freed 44 million peasants.... [tags: Russian Russia History]
1103 words (3.2 pages)