Christ separated himself from the gathering of men to become the greatest educator of the church, and a great symbol of God. During his time in the wilderness, a place of testing Jesus in preparation for the mission to come, he developed strength through his fasting of the forty da...
... middle of paper ...
...er route, quite like myself. William Allen Lloyd stated in his article Matthew 4:1-11: The Devil at The Crossroads, “the conditional sources of our crises are more difficult to sift out. Jesus was tempted by legitimate though distorted popular expectations. There is a mystery to the suffering so closely aligned with such traditional yet mistaken interpretations, but it is no mystery that to be tempted or attracted to them is not evil in itself. For the discerning pilgrim they are not necessarily devilish distortions but may become opportunities for spiritual growth” . Satan will and at most times attacks when one is at their weakest point, but the only way you can handle the devil is my emulating Jesus Christ. Using the word of the lord accurately as your shield will always allow you to carry through with your purpose. Fulfill that purpose and you will be prosperous.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For my second ministry project I went to the after school program at CrossRoads Church. I taught for twenty minutes in two different classes. The first group was fourth fifth and sixth graders, the second group was second and third grade. The have this after school every monday and wednesday. The day that I taught was was on monday march 8th. The verse I used was Philippians 4:8. I taught a lesson on protecting your mind from bad thoughts and how if the thought was not good, true, pure, virtuous, or praiseworthy not to think about it.... [tags: Teacher, Mind, Thought, Idea]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- The devil has been seen through many forms in popular music throughout history from the voodoo drums of the African slaves to modern artists marketing ploys. The term popular music is particularly ambiguous, so to define, in this piece it shall refer to dominant pieces or performers within the last 100 years. Many composers and artists have been branded by religious organisations as being in league with the devil, from the banning of songs, performers and even chords and movements by the church to the present day right wing Christian ‘preachers’ of YouTube.... [tags: the Mississippi masters, history of music]
1605 words (4.6 pages)
- “Anti-Christ” Act I- unwritten God is a liar, a wonderful, deceitful liar. If there is anything god has taught the world, it is that we can never go back home. I have no salvation. I’m way too addicted to the fantasies of the world. Plagued with sexual, physical, mental anomalies. There is no room in the heavenly after life for me. And I’m fine with that. I am graft with a dark fascination for mental illness; I find the state of psychosis Intriguing. I’m also obsessed with fire, and the color blue.... [tags: Devil, Hell, God, Profanity]
2413 words (6.9 pages)
- The Devil’s Role in Paradise Lost, The Bible, Faust, and The Devil and Tom Walker The devil's role as the inspiration for rock-and-roll is already well documented and commonly understood. Perhaps less well documented is the role of the Devil as inspiration for literature. The Devil has played an active role in literature for quite a while with his name appearing in stories for centuries. The historical devil has not always been personified. Initially, in religious settings, he was represented as a feeling or power, in attendance as the force of evil, an antagonist to goodness and divinity, and temptation for humans.... [tags: comparison compare contrast essays]
3098 words (8.9 pages)
- was walking Rodger with his hand on his shoulder saying, “This is my number one man he can get the job done whatever I tell him to do.” In the dream I stepped outside the building going over to Rodger letting him know I wanted to talk to him. He gets angry and he stood there with a frown on his face looking at me but I knew it was the devil leading him. Rodger don’t give up on God you are better than this you are being deceived the devil is deceiving you. Rodger slid down to the ground with his hands on his head.... [tags: God, Devil, Need, Text messaging]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- The word “Satan” means “adversary” and in taking the root of the word into our culture it is obvious that the devil is our opponent. The devil has become a common sense of evil in almost all cultures. The devil is everywhere, from movies to music to T.V, the devil seems to be inescapable. Weather called the devil, lucifer, Satan; the devil almost always depicts an evil presence. Believing that the devil is real or fake; culture has made him a known figure. The global depictions of the devil range from him being pure evil, to him being worshiped as a god, to him not being an actual existence.... [tags: God, Good and evil, Devil, Evil]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- At the Crossroads In November of 1974, a red headed Bostonian, who looked like she was straight out of Southie, was elected to the Massachusetts House of Representatives. With fifty-nine percent of the vote, Elaine Noble’s victory signified a remarkable emergence, for she was the first openly gay politician to win election to a statewide office (Perry 37-65). Noble’s election was the catalyst for a dramatic series of events, not only for the residents of the Fenway district in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, but for the entire country as well.... [tags: Free Essays Online]
2376 words (6.8 pages)
- Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice Killing, kidnapping and battles, all parts of Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice. The main character, Lestat, is a well-known and flamboyant vampire. In Memnoch the Devil, Lestat is faced with a grim reality, causing his world to collapse around him. He learns throughout this book, about the world, and the divine forces that encircle the world’s existence. This book illustrates how Lestat’s morals, ignorance and understanding are greatly affected by outside forces. In the beginning of the book, Lestat, the quick and cunning vampire referred to as “the Brat Prince” by his followers stalks a wealthy artifact smuggler.... [tags: Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Good and Evil in The Devil and Tom Walker The concept of evil in the short story "The Devil and Tom Walker" can be shown in many ways, by Irvings' symbolism. In the short story, Tom Walker symbolizes all of mankind by portraying him as being "sinful" and evil. When there is an intent to destroy, then we get a different level of hatred. We see that good vs. evil has been a theme that is ubiquitous in many writings. The story "The Devil and Tom Walker" is a story about a man who lives an immoral life of greed.... [tags: The Devil and Tom Walker]
366 words (1 pages)
- The Devil And Tom Walker, by Washington Irving Washington Irving the author of The Devil and Tom Walker uses the setting of the story to convey that things with a good appearance can be deceiving and be putrid on the inside. He also creates the right atmosphere for the story, and gives precise details to the audience so they can predict the topic and how it will develop. In addition, he describes each character in a manner that the readers can infer who they are, their personal characteristics, and the decisions that they might make throughout the development of the story.... [tags: The Devil And Tom Walker]
777 words (2.2 pages)