After this the doctor started the actual birth process, or second stage of birth as the nurse called it, where I was pushing every time I got another contraction. This process was pushing the baby through the my cervix and birth canal, I later learned, although at the time I was only focused on what the nurse and doctor was telling me to do. My contractions was closer and closer together, I got one almost every minute, and they lasted longer and was more and more intense. After about an hour of this very intense and tiring process my baby emerged head first. Once the head was out it didn’t take very long and only a few pushes and Hannibal’s entire body was out.
After the second stage of the birth process, the placenta was delivered and the doctor cut the umbilical c...
... middle of paper ...
...r his friends and concerns if they are sad or crying and he is getting better at understanding what is his or somebody else things.
He is also getting much better at following multistep instructions and understands when I explain that something is in the oven or under the table and so on. He is surprisingly good at having a conversation with people, even strangers understand what he is saying. Of course a primary interest of his is his toys, he love to play with his cars that has levers and button, he likes doing puzzles drawing with crayons and pencils, as well as reading his books and of course still his Legos. I also have to worry less, as he is a very good and stable runner, climber and stair walker and he is getting better and better at pedaling his tricycle – all in all I’m stunned and proud as a mother of what my sweet little boy has accomplished already.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hannibal Barca, was a Carthaginian general, that was well known for his strategic thinking, and intrepid ways during battle. Although a clear majority of people will agree that Hannibal is a man whose name is synonymous with greatness, competence, and to an extent genius many do not know why, or simply, what made him great. To figure out why Hannibal was such a polarizing figure four questions must me asked, and answered. What was Hannibal’s childhood like, which battles made him such a distinguished and feared adversary, and what did he do in these battles to put himself and his troops in a position to win battles against other great generals of the time, and the most important question, wh... [tags: Roman Republic, Roman Empire, Carthage, Hannibal]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- ... If parents or physicians decide to withhold treatment when the exceptions are not met, the parents and/or physicians can be held accountable for medical neglect. In 1988, “Baby Doe” Rules came into effect. “The term withholding of medically indicated treatment means the failure to respond to the infants life-threatening conditions by providing treatment which, in the treating physician’s reasonable medical judgment, will be most likely to be effective in ameliorating or correcting all such conditions, except that the term does not include the failure to provide treatment to an infant when, in the treating physician’s reasonable medical judgment any of the following circumstances apply” (... [tags: newborn, congenital defects, baby]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Hannibal-RPR In Thomas Harris' Hannibal, Harris, like many other authors, seems to be obsessed with the darker side of humanity and it is through his characterisation of "Hannibal the Cannibal" in his novel that he revels the other side of humanity, the side that most people would rather stayed locked up. Hannibal however would not stay locked up. In the previous novel "Silence of the Lambs" Hannibal escaped during a transfer from his cell in Baltimore to an institution Memphis.... [tags: essays research papers]
2299 words (6.6 pages)
- Character Development Comparison/Contrast (BR 2) Sometimes help is where we least expect it. But when we find the help we are looking for, we will do anything for it. In Silence of the Lambs, Clarice Starling finds help in the form a serial killer, Dr. Lecter. He helps her in two ways, he helps her solve the case of a serial killer at large, and in the process forces Clarice to face her past, helping her move on. Also Clarice helps Dr. Lecter fill an empty space in his life, which is that of a female companion which he has longed for since the death of his sister.... [tags: essays research papers]
497 words (1.4 pages)
- Hannibal Twenty-two centuries ago there lived a man named Hannibal, the son of Hamilcar Barca a Carthaginian. Hamilcar was a general in the Carthaginian military in the first Punic War. After the defeat of Carthage in the first Punic War, Hamilcar made Hannibal swear "eternal enmity" to Rome. In 228 b.c. Hasdrubal, Hannibal`s brother-in-law, succeeded Hamilcar and became commander. This meant that not only was the leader of the military but also the political leader as well. In 221 b.c. Hasdrubal was assassinated and Hannibal became commander in Spain.... [tags: essays papers]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Hannibal, a Carthaginian general and one of the greatest generals that ever lived was renown for his strategies and courageousness, such as crossing the Alps and using the "bottleneck strategy" at Lake Trasemene. He used strategies that a lot of generals at this time, especially Roman generals, would never think of and in doing this he almost destroyed the Roman republic. Hannibal's first battle took place when he was only nine. He went on an expedition with his father, Hamilcar Barca, to conquer Spain.... [tags: essays research papers]
1041 words (3 pages)
- When Hannibal was nine he went with his father on the to conquer Spain. Before starting, the kid swore to hate Rome. In two years he conquered all Spain between the Tagus and Iberus rivers. The Romans branded this attack a violation of the existing treaty between Rome and Carthage and demanded that Carthage surrender Hannibal to them. On the refusal of the Carthaginians to do so, the Romans declared war on Carthage, so because of that they precipitated in the Second Punic War. The march on Rome began Hannibal left Spain with an army of about 40,000, including cavalry and a lot of elephants carrying baggage and later used in battle.... [tags: essays research papers]
433 words (1.2 pages)
- From the middle of the 3rd century to the middle of the 2nd century BC, Carthage was engaged in a series of wars with Rome (Dorey, P 57). These wars, known as the Punic Wars, ended in the complete defeat of Carthage by Rome. The most prominent figure of the Punic wars was General Hannibal of Pheonician Carthage. During these wars, it's likely that the colonizing expeditions of the Carthaginians were supported by many emigrants from the Phoenician homeland. Hannibal was the son of the great Carthaginian general Hamilcar Barca.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1950 words (5.6 pages)
- - North American moviegoers were hungry for Hannibal the Cannibal at the weekend. "Hannibal," a thriller starring Sir Anthony Hopkins in a long-awaited follow-up to the 1991 hit "The Silence of the Lambs," grossed a record-breaking $58 million in its first three days of release in the United States and Canada, according to studio estimates issued on Sunday. If the numbers hold when final data are issued on Monday, "Hannibal" will replace 2000's "Mission: Impossible II" ($57.9 million) as the third-highest bow in movie history, after 1997's "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" ($72 million) and 1999's "Star Wars: Episode One -- The Phantom Me... [tags: essays research papers]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Hannibal: Smokin' Is Voluntary/Two Parties My ASS!/Other Random Stuff **Disclaimer: The hate on this page is omni-directional, and you will most likely be offended. I usually update and add to the content when I'm pissed, so don't get your fucking panties in a bunch if you hear something that you disagree with or is insulting. And if you do, you fuckin' suck cocks and should never use the internet, which is filled with free speech and opposing opinions. Fuck off asshole.** Goddamn, if I hear or see another add, public service anouncement, or other jerk off on TV telling me how legal, private, cigarette companies are responsible for people starting and continuing to smoke, I'm going to l... [tags: essays research papers]
632 words (1.8 pages)