During the time of my internship, I have performed and assisted on every single duty requested by my supervisor Corey Tremble. On the organization and administration aspect, my participation has been challenging on professional and personal aspect due to the unfamiliarity with the processes. The main duties performed on the administrative aspect were dealing with insurance paperwork and its completion; assist on the process of understatement of beneficiaries, collection of signatures for permission of medical information release from athletes to the Detroit Tigers and any other medical institution or personnel involved on the medical site of the organization. In addition, I over-saw, and assisted with the process of prevention and education of MLB protocols over drug testing, enforcement and education of tobacco policy demanded by Major League Baseball (MLB) and the Minor League Baseball (MiLB), clarification and collection of signatures for agreement with the Rule 21 (no gambling on baseball) imposed by the MLB and MiLB. Moreover, other duties performed under the supervision and guidance of the practicum supervisor were to over-see the process of wor...
... middle of paper ...
...administration, basic knowledge and management of systems that could aid in the process of developing and maintaining records of expenses and revenues.
In sum, the summer internship in the minor league system with the Detroit tigers provided an incredible experience filled of knowledge and information that helped me to grow as a person and as a professional. The fact of dealing and working with people of different background allow me to observe different administrative methods, which leaded to a common result, at the same time, it allowed me to develop my personal and professional approach to other based on the situations and personalities. Moreover, this experience allowed me to oversee several common processes such as worker’s compensation, and insurance administration, which I will deal with them in a future just basing it on my career path as an athletic trainer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TJ Thurman was our only speaker in class today. Thurman graduated Olivet in January 2013 with an information systems major and a Hebrew minor. When he was attending Olivet, he worked for the information technology department. He has had two different jobs since he has graduated. He first worked for Volkswagen Group of America. He started in February of 2013 as a systems administrator. It was located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. They created the V.W. Passat. He had to manage over one hundred servers.... [tags: Employment, Intern, Learning, Volkswagen]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- For the UCDC summer 2014 program, I worked as a business intern at National Education Association (NEA). NEA is the largest professional association as well as the largest labor union in the United States. Members include teachers, professors, school bus drivers, and people working in the US educational system. The organization has more than 3 million members and the association operates on membership payments. Since I am majoring in economics and accounting, my main interest while finding a summer internship was to acquire corporate experience related to the field of accounting and to learn more about the business aspect of how an organization operates.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Purchase requisition]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- a. Tell me about yourself. I’m always passionate about business IT and leading edge technology in both enterprise and consumer standpoint so that I decided to major in MIS and computer science. For my internship, I have been an application performance monitoring intern at BCBS, where my responsibilities were handling different sources of data, consolidating the information, analyzing and developing business reports for upper manager. The reason I particularly enjoyed this opportunity is the chance to interact with high volume of data, imply security standards on them and work in an actual team in a real setting.... [tags: Project management, Project, Management, Intern]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- As many of you might have guessed, my chosen career is to be an Athletic Trainer. When I tell people I want to be an Athletic Trainer, they think I mean an actual trainer having to do with lifting weights, working out, and helping an athlete train. There are actually two types of Athletic Trainers. The first type is a personal trainer who is hired to help you train for an athletic event and get you in shape. That is not what I want to. I want to do something totally different than that. I want to be an actual Athletic Trainer who is on the sidelines of football and soccer games, or an other sport that needs one.... [tags: personal trainer, safety, injury]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Many organizations, schools, and businesses hire an athletic trainer to help their employees and team members. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, diagnosis, and intervention of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities(99). Athletic trainers can work in a large number of organizations. High schools hire them to help with their athletics and injuries that may occur. Colleges hire them for the same reason. Businesses hire them for their gyms in case there is an emergency.... [tags: High school, College, Athletic trainer]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Communication is an integral part of a client-trainer relationship. Successful fitness trainers not only help their clients achieve health and fitness goals, they are also supposed to possess great communication skills to be the person of trust and support most clients usually look for. There are a lot of fitness professionals who excel in exercise science and implementing training principles but lack skills that are essential in building great communication relationships with their clients. Although knowledge is power for all fitness trainers, establishing positive and productive relationships with the help of communication is crucial.... [tags: personal trainer, clients]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Vignettes/ Case Illustrations As an intern at Eggleston Family Service I was assigned to overlook children in foster care and their adjustment to their placement. One of my cases was unique from the others because it involved a teenage boy that was close to emancipation. He was 17 years old and eager to leave the foster care system. He told me he was tiered of moving from placement to placement and wanted to be independent. The problem was that he did not have a plan after emancipation. He did not know where to go and had no income.... [tags: Foster care, Family]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Well, the career I have chosen is a Physical Trainer. I have always found these people to be really inspiring and have thought about hiring one myself or even going through the schooling and training to become one myself. They do so much for people like helping others to find happiness with themselves as well as help making the human race a little healthier. A physical trainer can help so many people today by evaluating their clients “level of fitness by physical capabilities and personal health goals”(Becoming a Physical Trainer: Job Description & Career Info).... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Personal trainer]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Nestled in the natural ridge that runs between Atlanta and Athens and in between South River and Hightower Trail lays the territory that comprises of DeKalb County (The DeKalb History Center). DeKalb County, also known, as the greenest county in America is located in Georgia. DeKalb County is the third largest county in the state with over 9 cities located inside of it parameters. According to US Census Bureau 691,893 people resided in the county based off of 2010. 23.9% were represented by individuals that were aged 18 and under (DeKalb Census Bureau).... [tags: Criminal Justice ]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Shadowing a Certified Athletic Trainer For this project, the certified athletic trainer who I have shadowed for almost eight hours in just one day is Candace O'Bryan, currently the athletic trainer at Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron. Candace has worked at Hoban now entering her third year at the high school. She works alone as a trainer there but works along side one team doctor who is at every game, and the other one being a neurosurgeon but is just a parent helping out. Candace works through a clinic in downtown Akron next to the Spaghetti Warehouse.... [tags: Athletic Trainer Job Description]
1114 words (3.2 pages)