Within the early years and childcare education group, it is important for me to ascertain whether one learner I identified has a prior knowledge or any experience working with children. On the profile, she has difficulty with verbal English. Although her level of understanding is high, she uses mostly non-verbal language to express herself. She has level two in numeracy. Competence with Microsoft Word, Activist and enjoy group work. Prefers kinaesthetic style of learning. She wants to become an early years practitioner and very keen on children activity. She has good experience working with children.
First of all I will carry out a diagnostic assessment with the learner to establish prior knowledge and competence of the course, also through questions and answers based on their basic skills, learning difficulties and personal circumstances etc. that may impact on her learning.
I will go through the learner’s application form to identify any additional needs the learner may have requested when filling the forms. Then I will carry out one-to-one interview with the learner to provide me the opportunity to discuss and gather the accuracy of the information contained in the application form and also the knowledge and understanding, suitability to undertake the course.
According to the white paper “Learning to Seed” the learner is placed in the centre of a system that is driven by their needs. As a result, it is therefore important to actively engage them i...
... middle of paper ...
... PowerPoint presentations, which could be amend to an appropriate fonts or size and save or print to keep.
By using these resources, I will be able to reinforce learning effectively, and motivate her to learn more. Also I will take her feedback to inform me how effective the resources used supported her learning needs.
In conclusion, the learner’s profile is a good indication of identifying any individual needs prior to the commencement of a program. I will help inform you to plan your teaching to meet the learning needs of the learner in a diverse ways. However ongoing individual assessment will provide a good route to progression. Not only that but can also highlight potential barriers to learning and the necessary steps to resolved them. When all her learning needs is taken into consideration she will feel valued and a sense of belong in the learning environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am proud to be a teacher, and I work to strengthen and improve the teaching profession by training other educators. I do this because I believe that the quality of a child 's teacher can be the most important factor in determining his or her success. Therefore, I train and support veteran teachers, new teachers, and student interns who are pursing education as a career. I strengthen the teaching profession by strengthening teachers. As a mentor teacher in the Montgomery County Public Schools, I support new teachers as well as student interns from the University of Maryland.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Profession]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- This paper is to inform the reader on my specific personality type and how the different characteristics of it can affect my work life. The results from the Jung Typology Test are given showing I have a protector or idealist type of personality. These characteristics are described and then taken into consideration on specific implementations in the workplace. Personality Types and Application to Work Life Jung Typology Test: Step 1 INFJ INFJ is also known as the protector and is the rarest type of personality making up only one percent of the population (Portrait of an INFJ).... [tags: Personality psychology]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Men as Scapegoats in The Manchurian Candidate “Every compulsively brutal blow… from the hands of that young man who… could not begin to reach her understanding or her feeling had beaten a deep distaste and contempt for all men since her father” (59). Many times it takes the force of a catalyst to induce malicious or immoral behavior in a person. When a certain event takes place in one’s life where the person is forced to resent and loathe another person who was involved in ruining or hurting them in some way, this dramatically impacts the way she relates and behaves around other people.... [tags: Manchurian Candidate]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- 1. In what capacity did you work with the candidate (e.g., peer, colleague, supervisor). Res: Supervisor 2. Can you provide a brief description of the duties the candidate performed. Res: With NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center, Mr. Simon Dzreke, served as an expert consultant for all supply and logistics control matters at all locations within the Regional Supply Distribution Network. Directed teams in various supply chain and logistics activities. Reviewed operations and recommended strategies for improving efficiency of supply systems.... [tags: Logistics, Supply chain, Supply chain management]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- Social Workers and Children Social workers are professionals that can help people resolve difficult issues, and improve their well-being and their quality of life. These professionals typically work with individuals and groups of individuals that are experiencing crises in their lives.”( Start a Social Work Career) Social workers are dedicated to meeting the needs of their clients by interviewing them and laying out a detailed plan of goals for them to accomplish. They then help them attain these goals by using the available programs and services that a regular person would never have heard of or known they had access to.... [tags: Foster care, Family, Sociology, Social work]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- I am the lead surgeon in this hospital and as you have been aware, I have three patients on my transplant list that have been waiting for a new heart. Couple hours ago, I received the call where I was notified that the heart, that we were waiting for, is available now. Due to a shortage of time I would like to inform you that the candidate for the heart transplant is Jerry, 55 years old male, and the surgery will take place today at 1700. It was a very difficult decision to make, but I think that Jerry is the best candidate for this heart.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Risk, Decision making]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- First Latina Candidate Throughout the years a prodigious amount of people be having a difficult time choosing a president that benefits the United States. By being concerned with the pros and cons about a president they are choosing that will become an influence in their lives. Personally, being a lucid presidential candidate who will prepare a positive change throughout my presidential years will benefit everyone in the United States. Becoming a president one has to be focusing on the concerns the people are having throughout the daily basis, on the effects that the people have been experiencing, and how people are having a second thought of my campaign without realizing the positive points... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
1505 words (4.3 pages)
- According to Winston in his article How Media Are Born, in technological determinism “technology is the dominant, determining factor” (62) to the changes in mass communication. Winston presents two approaches to technological determinism. The first is Technological Determinist Account A. In this account, technology is dominant and is “discovered by an essentially internal process of research and development, which then sets the conditions for social change and progress.” (Winston 787) This account is about the “great men” who are a part of the technology world and only about them as individuals.... [tags: Woman, Gender role, Apple Inc., Gender]
781 words (2.2 pages)
- Candidate Profiles I. Al Gore A. US Vice President and Democratic presidential nominee Al Gore, was born on March 31, 1948 in Washington D.C.. His father Albert Gore Sr., a congressman from Tennessee, served in the House of Representatives and his mother Pauline La Fon was one of the first women to graduate from Vanderbilt Law School. Gore, a Baptist, attended Harvard where he received a degree with high honors in government. Even though he was strongly opposed to the war in 1970 Al joined the army where he served his time in Vietnam as an army reporter.... [tags: essays research papers]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Children At Work Autonomy, Responsibility and Child Labor-Introduction and Conclusion Child labor has recently become a very touchy subject throughout the world. Well known corporations and clothing and sporting goods distributors that have for decades been taking advantage of cheap labor in third world countries are seeing their names and images tarnished by allegations of child labor practices and obscene working conditions. Child labor is nothing new to the world. It has been a part of almost every society in recorded history.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- Prenatal Health Care among Low-Income Minority Women
- Is Tilikum the Killer Whale Truly a Killer?
- Jessica Dunegan's Self-Empowerment and Patriarchal Confinement of Female Adornment Artwork
- Identifying and Tracking Tags with Radio-Frquency Identification
- Destructive Emotions in Poems, Mixed Emotions, Porphyria's Lover, and This Be the Verse
- One of America's Leading Manufacturers of Glass and Ceramics, Corning