“Oh mother”, said the youngest child, “Has he brought us food?” She gently scolded him, saying, “This is not important. Don’t ask him this question.” The children ran towards their father and, although she was upset, Khadijah, too, greeted him with a smile. Her husband had brought a few pieces of bread and cheese, which he handed to his wife. She soon served the simple meal on plates that had lost their colour through long use.
Khadijah spoke cheerfully while they ate and later the children slept, dreaming of sweets, toys and games. Their parents sat quietly for a while.
“So this year is about to end,” Khadijah’s husband, Hassan, said bitterly, “And I still haven’t found a job. We have spent our savings and sold what we could of our furniture. We have nothing left with which to fight our hunger.”
His wife replied, “We still have faith and determination, which are the keys to all which is good and brings happiness.”
“What good thing or happiness has our faith brought us? Our children are wearing torn clothes and are hungry. It is this very faith that has made life difficult for us, and it is guidance, which has led us to poverty! In the past we were living in luxury…”
Khadijah interrupted her husband, asking, “What kind of luxury was it? Since when has gambling been a way of providing for...
... middle of paper ...
...it was Hajj Sahib himself. He said that he had been looking for someone to manage his business and heard about our situation and my past experience. Allah used him as the way to save us from despair and to give us hope, as Allah promised to the patient believers. Hajj Sahib said to me, ‘You are now cleaner and purer than all of us. You are now as one newly born.’”
Life has it's ups and downs, but no matter what happens, always believe in god
God puts all human beings through tests but don't lose hope, continue to believe and have faith in god, only then will your hardships be over.
Patience is virtue
With difficulty comes relief
Always be hardworking and determined, Allah doesn't help those who don't help themselves.
Earn through honest means - avoid wrong and unethical ways of earning such as gambling
Behind every great man there is a great woman.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The main intention of this essay is to discuss whether the wage earners and the salaried workers are paid according to market value, state edict, or the operational needs of the business and so forth. Indeed, Roberts (1972) implied that the labour cost associated with the pay matters can be the factors to pay determination, such as, affected to the legal regulations and political environments in specific nation, the dimensions view of labour forces and the decisions of the organization in top management.... [tags: Employment, Wages, Salaried Workers]
2833 words (8.1 pages)
- It was a gloomy, overcast night. The wind was blowing and it was going to storm. Khadijah and her three young children were sitting on an old worn carpet in their room Khadijah looked out the window often, trying not to draw her children’s attention. She was worried that the storm would break before her husband arrived. Finally, hearing the key turn in the lock, she quickly got up, telling her children to go welcome their father. “Oh mother”, said the youngest child, “Has he brought us food?” She gently scolded him, saying, “This is not important.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- I wasn’t born in Atlantic Canada but Atlantic Canadian business certainly has had an impact on my life. My father has worked for McCain Foods for over 25 years and is currently employed as the Retail Area Sales Manager, Atlantic Canada for McCain Foods so it’s no coincidence that I was born in Kitchener Waterloo just forty minutes from Sobeys Ontario’s head office which was located in Brantford Ontario and my sister in St. John’s N.L. just two years later. I guess we moved a lot in those early years, if you call six moves in 14 years a lot, but McCain was growing and McCain always promoted from within wherever possible.... [tags: McCain, profit, success, detemination, economy]
2040 words (5.8 pages)
- Sex determination in mammalian embryos is the process by which an embryo is determined, at the cellular level, to become a male or female. At fertilization, a zygote will receive either an X or Y-chromosomes from the father’s sperm to accompany the X chromosomes given by the mothers egg. It is at this point that a zygote can be said to be male or female. However, the development of male or female sex organs is not determined until later in the sixth to seventh week of development. Genetics plays a significant role in sex determination, providing many gene loci that assist the process of cell determination and organ development.... [tags: Primary Sex Determination, Sex Chromosomes]
1767 words (5 pages)
- ... Individuals need to feel competent in the work that they are doing whether it be in their jobs or in their home life with family. They also need to feel that they have a chose in the way that they behave and in the activities they partake in during their life, which is met through their need for autonomy. Lastly, people need to form close personal relationships in their lives in order to feel as though they belong somewhere. Without any one of these three needs being met a person will not be able to feel fulfillment in their life.... [tags: Motivation, Psychology, Self-determination theory]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Purification of proteins is an essential technique that provides biochemists with the ability to obtain a sample that contains a specific protein of interest. In order to purify a protein biochemists typically obtain the specific extract, precipitate the protein using ammonium sulfate, preform gel filtration, and lastly run ionic and affinity chromatography. Understanding the use and methods of the different chromatography techniques is of crucial importance in order to successfully purify and conclude the molecular weight of an unknown sample using elution volumes of molecular weight standards.... [tags: Determination of Molecular Weight]
2960 words (8.5 pages)
- Everyday people encounter challenges that stand in their way of achieving their goals, but with sheer determination most accomplish their mission. In the short story “A Worn Path” written by Eudora Welty, Phoenix Jackson, the main character, has a mission to complete while confronting many challenges. One way to convey this idea is with the literary use of theme. The theme of a literary work is defined as the central idea, concern or message about life that an author wishes to convey to his/her readers.... [tags: Determination, Worn Path, Eudora Welty, ]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- Some people believe that talent and a winning attitude are all you need in order to succeed in your endeavors, but a winning attitude means having determination, which many people lack. As seen on wisdomforthesoul.org, “Real leaders are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.” Determination is an important factor in the overall success or failure of a person’s efforts. Unfortunately, determination is not something that comes easy to the majority of people. To be truly determined, a person must first be passionate about what they’re doing.... [tags: Personal Attributes]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Often if a person wishes to receive what he or she desires out of life, he or she possesses a determined personality. In literature, a character’s sometimes seemingly nonexistent determined streak often reveals itself due to the conditions which the character is under. In the short story “Through the Tunnel” by Doris Lessing as well as the short story “The Lie” by Kurt Vonnegut Jr., certain characters are determined people who try not to let anything get in the way of what they fancy or feel they deserve.... [tags: Literary Review]
714 words (2 pages)
- Determination I am a very dependable person. When I start a project I concentrate and focus in it. I use my determination in all parts of my life. In school my determination has allowed me to achieve many academic accomplishments. In an engineering course I was given an assignment to design a house using Autocad. This house had to be designed to all of the state building codes. My teacher had set up many different requirements for the project. It had to be an original design with four different types of architectural plans.... [tags: essays research papers]
497 words (1.4 pages)