Now that I have decided to return to school, it only makes sense to pursue my other passion, computers. I knew that in order to be a successful web developer, I would need to have a good foundation and overall knowledge of computer technology, development, administration, management, and tools as a whole, not just a part. That is why I chose the Associate in Applied Science, Web Technologies Degree. If you look at “Web Technology “on Wikipedia.org, you see it is comprised of four subcategories: analytics, services, software and uniform resource locator. The ForsythTech curriculum description for Web Technologies reads:
Course work in this program covers the terminology and use of computers, network devices, networks, servers, databases, applications, programming languages as well as web applications, site development and design. (WebTechnologies)
I felt that Web Devel...
... middle of paper ...
...hether or not a Bachelor’s degree is a requirement for this field. CNN Money stated in an article:
As of 2010, about 38% of web developers had less than a four-year college degree, according to Census data. Instead, many workers in this field are self-trained. (Kurtz)
My current plan is not to pursue a four-year degree; although, I plan to finish my Associate’s degree with high honors and will continue to take classes as technology changes. My husband has been working on a contractual basis in this field for several years and is studying web technologies at ForsythTech. Our plan is to start a Web Development business together when we graduate. The BLS statistics show that 22.5% of Web Developers were self-employed in 2012. (Bureau of Labor Statistics) If you plan to have a career in technology, education should be a lifelong process.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract Web development is a fast growing form of artistic expression that uses computer programming and technical writing skills to create Web sites. Web developers earn an appealing salary that increases as specialized skills are introduced. Formal education and training play a vital role in the preparation and experience of a developer. A survey indicates that most companies today have a Web site and need the skills of developers. Legal issues for developers and employers are introduced. The steps needed to follow a career choice in Web development are outlined.... [tags: Careers Jobs]
1985 words (5.7 pages)
- The Process of Designing a Website To begin the process of designing a web site you should create a paper prototype of five linked web pages. Paper prototyping is a variation of usability testing where users perform realistic tasks by interacting with a paper version instead of a computer. With this we can obtain feedback from the user and then it be dealt with before creating a web page. The think-aloud technique is concerned with the behaviour of an individual when performing a task.... [tags: Papers]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- TJs Barbershop: Marketing Marketing is a vital aspect of a successful company. TJs Barber Shop isn’t oriented to make a lot of profit so marketing dollars will need to be well spent. Every dollar spent in marketing should be viewed as an investment in your company. As you would an investment, you must assess your marketing strategy to ensure you are receiving the expected returns from your investments. If you pay $100 per month for an ad in the newspaper and your target market doesn’t read the newspaper then you’re not only wasting $100 per month on that strategy but you could also be putting that money to better use elsewhere.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Social media, Barber]
2336 words (6.7 pages)
- ... With the inevitable need of internet sites for any website designing company Chennai, search for efficient net designers, is ever compelling. These professionals are needed in each field of business from massive firms to academics institutes, to little business to private uses. Here the web designer supposed to need knowledge in the HTML language and CSS. It contains domain name, perfect layout and hosting, design all kind of information can be handled in the certain sites. They are lots of jobs available for this career because lots of company is available in all over the world offering a web designing service for the customers or people can get a good experience towards it.... [tags: web, content, performance]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- As a Computer Science major and an active web developer, I have come to realize in my dealings with my colleagues, peers, and various companies vying for my attention that this industry is not in any way uniform. Each entity has a personal taste and belief of what is exactly best, and oftentimes they press it upon others as the “best practice”. Which software development method produced the highest quality product for the lowest cost is understandably a hot topic in today’s world. Traditionally, the Waterfall methodology has been prevalent among organizations, and is still widely used today.... [tags: Agile software development, Waterfall model]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Computers can be considered the eighth wonder of the world. Their use has become indispensible in every field – Communication, Database Systems, Banking, Robotics, Medicine, Vehicular Systems and what not. The World Wide Web and Internet has brought a new revolution across the world bringing the people closer through a plethora of networking applications such as chat, video conferencing, social networking and e-mail. When my father brought the first computer, a Pentium 3 processor, I was so amazed seeing the GUIs of the websites and the Windows have always attracted me.... [tags: learner, program, browsing]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Assessment Task 2 For this assessment you will need to develop a brief for an external web site developer for the required web site. Your brief should include: 1. An outline of key messages that the company would like to convey, especially in relation to the ethics of the company NatureCare’s key messages in relation to the company’s ethics are: • Expressed written consent must be obtained prior to using any pers onal images or information for marketing purposes • Strictly comply with Do Not Call Register regulation and ensure nobody on the list is called for marketing purposes • The use of images or written material which discriminate against any group or individual based on, including bu... [tags: Marketing, Business, Management, Design]
1659 words (4.7 pages)
- Information technology is rapidly advancing, and along with it are ethical issues and challenges faced in the work environment. If remains unsolved, it can escalate and these ethical problems can have devastating effect on the company’s reputation towards its clients as well as employees. These ethical problems are diverse in nature that existing legislations and corporate rules may not specifically cover it nor provide an adequate solution. It can even occur to an individual within the company who even does not take part of the unethical practice.... [tags: Ethics, Normative ethics, Business ethics]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Overview A system for a football club is to be designed that will ensure that the same information has being passed on to all parents of the relevant under-age players with regards to match details. The system is to replace a current text messaging service that has proven to be unsuccessful due to communication issues between team managers and the person in charge of the text system. The system is expected to pass the responsibility of communicating the information to the Football Management System where match fixtures can only be updated by the manager of the relevant team.... [tags: Designing IT System]
2632 words (7.5 pages)
- Web Design Introduction When the Internet and World Wide Web were first created, they were designed a research tools and for the distribution of information through information systems networks. But as the use of the Web has become increasingly more complex, the focus on Web pages and their design has initiated a number of major changes. Initially, static Web pages were common, but the focus in recent years has been on the development of dynamic Web pages which are linked to databases and allow for the integration of information on a number of different levels.... [tags: Internet Graphics Designing Essays]
2604 words (7.4 pages)