I am designing a program for a 27 year old female. She is 5ft. 3in. tall, and her current weight is 140lbs. She is regularly active, but is hoping to improve her agility and endurance. However, her main focus is to lose body fat. Her PAR-Q shows that she is ready to partake in a physical training program ((NASM), 2013). Her current activities include exercising, walking her dog, and hiking. She is a student and a homemaker, so she spends a good amount of time sitting and standing.
The client performed the overhead squat test, and the single-leg squat test. The client’s feet turned outward, and her arms fell forward slightly. She also had a little bit of a forward lean. During the single-leg squat test, she had a slight inward movement at her knees. Both tests showed that she has tight muscles in the lateral part of her legs. These tight muscle include: the soleus, lateral gastrocnemius, the adductor complex, tensor fascia latae, vastus lateralis, and the short head of the biceps femoris ((NASM), 2013). She also has weak muscles on the medial part of her legs. These underactive muscles include: Her medial gastrocnemius, medial hamstring complex, gracilis, sartorius, popliteus muscles, the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and vastus medialus oblique ((NASM), 2013). As for the client’s upper body, the assessments presented that she had a tight hip flexor and abdominal complex, as well as a tight latissimus dorsi, teres major, and pectoral muscles ((NASM), 2013). She also showed to have a weak muscles in her mid and lower trapezius, rhomboids, rotator cuff, and erector spinae ((NASM), 2013).
For my client, I believe phase 1 & 2 are appropriate for her current fitness goals. Phase 1 will improv...
... middle of paper ...
...will be important. The addition of the BOSU ball will help engage her core muscles to help stabilize her body.
Phase 2 strength endurance, is an appropriate phase for my client’s goals. She wants to lose body fat as well as improve her endurance. The training program I have designed will allow her to improve upon her muscular strength and endurance. Phase 1 focused on improving her muscular imbalances and increasing her stabilization. In phase 2, training will focus on improving strength. The tempo in this phase will be increased to allow for more calories to be burned. A superset system will also aid in increasing her metabolic demand. Both the supersets and increased tempo will help her towards her fat loss goal. A circuit training system will also be beneficial for this client. The exercises provided can be performed in a circuit style training system.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In modern society, the elderly is taking on an entire different meaning from long ago. Grandmother and Grandfather were older elderly adults; today’s elderly grandparents are also called Gigi or Babe. That’s mostly do with most grandparents are much younger these days than long ago, or maybe that’s stereotype typical thing to say. Bottom line as the world is changing, so are the people in it, and the elderly are adapting and changing as the rest of the world; that’s included in using electronics, smart devices and running and staying active as much as the younger generation.... [tags: Old age, Middle age, Gerontology, Ageing, Ageism]
1775 words (5.1 pages)
- The atmosphere entertainment program at the Paris Las Vegas should, at its base, reflect the duality of the property: the artistry and classicism of the French methods of entertaining and living with the sensual allure and thrilling vibe of the Las Vegas Strip. Orion Productions proposes three variable programs, all which can be interchanged and combined to accommodate for high and lower traffic days and special casino and hotel promotions. Both male and female dancers will be enlisted for the program, to capture the romantic ambiance of a Parisian interlude or getaway.... [tags: Program Review ]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- The first person I interviewed is a 19 year old Hispanic female high school student. She is very short and meets criteria to be considered a midget. In regards of the Five-Factor Model described in Craig & Dunn 2013, p. 436, this person is emotionally stable with traits associated with high end. Specifically she is relaxed and very extroverted. In terms of openness to experiences, she described herself very imaginative, creative and intellectual. On the last two factors she identified herself as a warm, friendly, organized, and persistent person clearly showing her transitioning from adolescent to the young adult stage.... [tags: intimacy vs. isolation, relationships]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- The following is a case study of a 57-year-old female patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. She is 65 inches tall and weighs 242 pounds giving her a BMI of 40%. During her review of systems she reports she has been fatigued, having headaches and had increased thirst. The patient’s fasting blood sugars have been averaging 180-200 mg/dL. She is currently taking Metformin 500 mg by mouth twice daily with breakfast and dinner. The patient’s labs reveal a fasting glucose of 204 mg/dL and a HgbA1c of 8.4%.... [tags: Blood sugar, Diabetes mellitus, Obesity]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- With Probation services having undergone a change programme as a result of the Transforming Rehabilitation agenda instigated by the previous Conservative - Liberal Democrat government, the people with whom the National Probation Service (NPS) work has changed. This change means that those individuals assessed as high risk along with those who are convicted of a specified sexual and/or violent offence under Schedule 15 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 are under the supervision of the NPS. This work based learning project (WBLP) will centre on individuals with whom I currently supervise to critically reflect upon the work being undertaken with them.... [tags: Gender, Male, Criminal law, Female]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- The following is a summary of a journal article titled, “Is Parent -Child Interaction Therapy Effective in Reducing Stuttering?” by Sharon Millard, Alison Nicholas, and Frances Cook. This article was published in the Journal of Speech Language and Hearing Research in June 2008, to report the findings of a research conducted on the effects of parent-child interaction therapy approach (PCIT) on children who stutter. It was conducted to add more research and evidence to the efficacy of using the PCIT approach (Millard, Nicholas, & Cook, 2008 p 636).... [tags: Language ]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- Government Control of the Female Body Internationally, issues revolving around the female body and reproduction are extremely controversial. For a woman, her body is a very private matter. At the same time, however, a woman's body and her reproduction rights are the center of attention in many public debates. Several questions regarding women's reproductive rights remain unanswered. How much control do women have over their bodies. What kind of rules can be morally imposed upon women. And who controls the bodies of women.... [tags: International Politics Politcal Science]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
- Scenario 1 Many employees in company A are not likely to have needs for the specifict benefit programs that the company offers, hence it makes sense to get rid of the benefit programs that some employees use and others do not use. The level of benefits provided must meet the needs or objectives of the employees and employers in order to attract employees' willingness to receive benefits instead of direct cash compensations. For company A, the characteristics of the workforce must be considered first when choosing the benefits.... [tags: Employer Business Management]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- Supplemental Income Program In 1972, Congress replaced the State-administered programs with the Federally administered Supplemental Income (SSI) program as an assistance source of last resort for the aged, blind, or disabled whose income and resources are below specified levels. The SSI program went into effect in January 1974, administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA). SSI has been highly successful in helping society's most vulnerable citizens. These individuals rely on SSI benefits in order to purchase the basic necessities of food, clothing and shelter.... [tags: Papers]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Each year Fortune magazine publishes its list of the top 500 U.S. companies ranked according to reported gross revenues. In the highly competitive world of business, the CEO's of these companies are responsible for making decisions that allow a company into this elite group and remain on the list year after year. Avon Products Inc. first appeared on the Fortune 500 list in 1955 inaugural year, ranked at number 455. Over the years, Avon has moved up and down the list of 500 managing to remain there since its first appearance as a top grossing corporation.... [tags: Avon Business CEO Management]
1451 words (4.1 pages)