Radiohead is an English band formed in 1985, Oxford, England. Radiohead is exceptionally recognized as one of the most important bands of today. It is considered to be an alternative rock band, however they are also classified as Electronic, Indie and Experimental. The band is composed of Thom Yorke, who is the lead vocalist, songwriter, guitarist and pianist, thus the prime mover of the band. He is widely known for his falsetto singing style. Johnny Greenwood is the keyboardist while his brother Colin Greenwood is the bass guitarist of the band. Besides Ed O’Brien, the guitarist and Philip Sethway, best known as the drummer of the band.
Radiohead released their first debut single in 1992. Nevertheless their big break came about September 1993, when Creep entered the Billboard charts of Modern Rock and placed second. The second album, ‘The Bends’, released in 1995 increased their popularity. The album ‘OK Computer’ released in 1997 gave them global fame and is recognized as one of the 90’s most noteworthy albums. With the turn of the century, they released ‘Kid A’ (2000) and ‘Amnesiac’ (2001). The experimental sounds in Kid A are available in Amnesiac, since most of the tracks were produced at the same time as Kid A. These albums exposed a change in Radiohead’s music style, absorbing jazz and experimental electronic genres. In their sixth album, ‘Hail to the thief’, they merged the different music s...
... middle of paper ...
...and freedom of thought. These drawing could than be sent to the band as a visual representation of their song. Only half of the branches would be coloured in, as for the user to create his interpretation with the others. Radiohead’s logo, the famous bear with grins like a Cheshire cat hasn’t been featured in any of their albums. It would be significant to be featured somewhere in the design of the iPhone case.
After I finished my digital proposal design, I instantly wanted to create the concept, to get a better idea if the proposal would work or not.
All in all, I think that the material used, and the way I approached the illustration, supports and extends the brand identity captured in the album selected. More concepts, using the same material obviously came about, for instance creating stencils of the doodles created and the user would design their own patterns.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is Identity Theft Identity –based crimes are considered to be one of the most significant and growing problems of the last 20 years due to the significant economic harm these offenses pose for victims(Holt & Turner, 2012). Identity theft occurs when someone steals your personal identifying information. This can be attributed to weaknesses in the structure in which personal information flows in society (White, 2005).This information may consist of the person’s social security number, name address, or driver’s license number.... [tags: identity based crimes]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- My object of analysis is going to be “boy bands” which I am defining as “a band of boys usually playing pop music that is marketed towards young women.” I am going to specifically look at the band 5 Seconds of Summer and I am going to look at how their music and success becomes undermined because their target audience is primarily young women. I am going to do this using feminist theory and this project will examine how ideologies regarding the connection between young women and the band itself being written off artistically are almost embedded within society, in that people say things such as “this band sucks” without ever really listening due to their classification as a boy band.... [tags: Sociology, Feminism, Music genre, The Band]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- The Times of the Smart Phone Before 2007 when the iPhone was produced by the Apple company, people barely knew about the concept of the Smart Phone. The main types of cellphones at that time focused on basic communication and texting functions. However, today smart phones have become household products and almost everyone is familiar with several well-known smart phones suppliers. These include Apple, Samsung and HTC. These three companies all manufacture their own smart phones, respectively the products of iPhone, Galaxy and BlinkFeed.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Smartphone, IPod Touch]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Many of the research presented in the field of mobile phone-based interaction techniques that have been developed so far fall into three main classes according to Sas & Dix . In some research, the personal device effectively acts as an extended input device for text editing or pointing task. In others, the phone is used to upload and download media using standard content and protocols. The third class is where the mobile phone is a more integral part of the interaction, typically using the display of the device in concert with the public display.... [tags: Technology, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Identity is very important to each person, the meaning of the words and actions reflect to the person’s specification. There are multiple definitions of identity, more theorists have intense debates of the real basis of describing, whether it is ontological or metaphysical. Sex and gender are both formations of identifying a person. Additionally, sex was acquired from birth with “biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women” (World Health Organization, 2016). For example, male and female have different reproductive organs on the emphasis that women give birth and men do not.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Gender identity, Sociology]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Accordingly, this paper will provide a conceptual discussion using relevant theory that critically analyses tensions between self-identity and social identity. These theories propose that aspects of identity driving behaviour is dependent on the context. Foremost, identity theory is reflective of the correlation concerning the roles that people enact in society and then therefore, includes the identities that those roles exhibit (Hogg, et al., 1995, p. 266). Striker, followed by Tajfel and Turner, compose that social identity theory consist of two levels: personal identity and social identity (Hogg, et al., 1995, p.... [tags: Sociology, Identity, Social psychology, Identity]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Identity is most simply defined as a person's own sense of self; their personal sense of who they are. Identity development is intrinsically linked with adolescence because, according to Santrock citing Marcia & Carpendale, "...for the first time, physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional development advance to the point at which the individual can sort through and synthesize childhood identities and identifications to construct a viable path toward adult maturity". We often see the results of this sorting process in behaviors of adolescents such as adopting and shedding different personas including speech patterns, clothing styles and peer groups.... [tags: Identity]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- It’s hard to believe that the cell phone, which has revolutionized daily life, is a relatively new phenomenon. It wasn’t that long ago, that a telephone was like a piece of “furniture” that connected to a wall in a home or place of business and was used for making a telephone call. Today a cell phone is a part of one’s wardrobe. It goes where we go, and it is used for so much more than making calls. In his book Cell Phone Culture, Dr. Gerard Goggin looks at the cultural implications of this transformative piece of technology.... [tags: Mobile phone, GSM, Text messaging]
1854 words (5.3 pages)
- In the world we live in today, it seems that you almost cannot buy a piece of electronic equipment that does not contain some kind of wireless capability. Back when wireless internet first became available to the average consumer it was confined to our home network. As the technology continued to become more and more advanced, the wants of the consumer continued to grow to where we are today. Next time you decide to upgrade your cell phone, look and see how difficult it is to find one that is not a smart phone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth]
2017 words (5.8 pages)
- “Five dollars dude”, a gruff sounding man says while an equally gruff looking bouncer checks over my I.D. I pull the money out of my wallet and hand it to him in exchange for a wristband, or stamp of some kind, signifying that I’ve paid and am of age. I walk into the venue; dark, noisy and crowded. The smell burns at my nostrils and my ears ring with the echoes of chants and screams. Then he appears on stage; his name: Kevin Barton; his band: Tabernacle. Like a reaper and his servants preparing you for the journey, seemingly to the gates of hell, the crowd waits with anticipation.... [tags: Music, Band, Religion]
1005 words (2.9 pages)