Addition operation is the most important function of digital system. Adder is only not used for the arithmetic operation but also necessary to all modern computers. Adders occupies critical path in key areas of microprocessor, fast adders are prime requirement for the design of fast processing system. Many fast adders are available but the design of high speed with low power and less area adders are still challenging. In modern computers, multiple ALU’S with wide adders and multiple execution core units on the same chip creates thermal hotspots and large temperature gradients. This affects the circuit and increasing the cooling cost of the system. Adders should have highest performance with least amount of power dissipation and small layout area to minimize the delay.
Historically, VLSI designs have used speed as the performance metric. Portable system as well as fast growth of the power in IC’s, power dissipation becomes main design of the objectives equal to the high performance of the system. For VLSI designs main goal is to designing the power efficient digital system. Generally Ripple Carry Adders are used for all types of adders because of its compact design but it is the slowest adder.
CMOS is the most common digital circuit design style/technique for designing any digital circuit but it is dissipates most of the power during transistor activity. In this brief, an innovative technique is present to implement high speed low area adders in GDI technique shown in . We proposed a power efficient full adder based on the gate diffusion input circuit design. Using this GDI design style, power dissipation in new full adder also it reduces area and propagation delay.
The rest of this brief is organized as follows: a...
... middle of paper ...
...ation,” IEEE Press Series on Microelectronic Systems.
E. Shannon and W. Weaver, The Mathematical Theory of Information. Urbana-Champaign: University of Illinois Press, 1969.
J. P. Uyemura, Circuit Design for CMOS VLSI. Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic, 1992, pp. 88–129.
M.Morris Mano “Digital Logic and Computer Design”, Pearson Education Publication, Indian reprint 2005.
Alireza Saberkari Shahriar Baradaran Shokouhi, ―A Novel Cmos 1-Bit Full Adder Cell With The Gdi Technique‖, College of Electrical Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology, Tehran, Iran.
Issam, S., A. Khater, A. Bellaouar and M. I. Elmasry, 1996, ―Circuit tech-niques for CMOS lowpower high performance multipliers‖, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 31, 1535-1546.
Zhuang, N. and H. Wu, 1992, ―A new design of the CMOS full adder‖, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 27, 840–844.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to Ashlock, not only do students need to understand the computations of arithmetic, but also need to have computational fluency, in other words, conceptual understanding. As stated in the Principles and Standards for School Mathematics: Knowing basic number combinations – the single-digit addition and multiplication pairs and their counterparts for subtraction and division – is essential. Equally essential is computational fluency – having and using efficient and accurate methods for computing.... [tags: Addition, Elementary arithmetic, Numerical digit]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- The term: graphic design means "visual communications" and it is "the art and profession of selecting and arranging visual elements to convey a message." (Encyclopedia Britannica 2013, p. 1). Visual communication is virtually used everyday in today's society and is important to have in life. Graphic design is used in media, the business and advertisement industry, and in simple things in life that are not easily noticed. Graphic design influences the world of profit-making, but also has an impact on the lives of various groups of people including children, teens, and young adults.... [tags: Graphic Design]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Is Fast Food Becoming the New Tobacco. When it all started it was just a hamburger, bun, and ice cold soda. However, things have taken a turn as what is witnessed nowadays is supersizes, extra cheese, bacon, and only a single state law to regulate on how large soda can be. When it comes to the fast food industry in America, or as some individuals now refer to it as the ‘fat foods industry’, with the effects of high-calorie fat-packed foods, the question arises if they have become the new tobacco.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Fast food, Food]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Interior design is one of the most important professions. When thinking of design and architecture industry, it is necessary to keep in mind that the professionals emphasis on matters of everyday life when commencing a project. Important sectors of interior design consist of: residential, commercial, hospitality, healthcare, education and corporate designs. Thus, the field deals with numerous factors and affects almost everyone in some way. Design is goal-oriented– it strives to achieve a certain purpose.... [tags: Design, Designer, Interior design]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- The twenty-first century is a triumph of people’s minds and scientific progress. Humanity explores space and the bosom of the sea; however, the question about eating healthy is still open. Unfortunately, scientific progress has affected the food processing industry around the globe. With the development of Genetically Modified (GM) Products, growth hormones, synthetic fertilizers, and antibiotics, food has become a compressed chemical bomb. Considering that roughly 80 percent of all the packaged foods in the United States contain chemicals outlawed in other parts of the world, finding healthy food has turned into an arduous process (Ahn; “Healthy Foods Harder”).... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Food, Fast food]
1404 words (4 pages)
- This essay will critically discuss issues relating to the teaching of arithmetic since 2007 within primary schools. It will highlight the implications that arise from these discussions for the newly qualified teacher. With the introduction of the structured National Numeracy Strategy in 1999 mathematics began to improve. Research by the House of Commons (2008-9:1) getting better results states that in 2008, 79% of primary aged pupils in key stage 2 (11 year olds) met the Governments expected standards reporting that these results were the best ever recorded.... [tags: curriculum, achievement, standards]
2732 words (7.8 pages)
- Out of all aspects of mass communications, graphic design is the most intriguing. The study and art of one thing that has made it possible for advertisements, art, and for humans to grow as the creativity of the world. Graphic design is the art and skill of combining text, and pictures in advertisements, magazines, or books. It 's the basic structure of the advertisement world. Luring people in with powerful art is the intent. Graphic design is a very important occupation. Businesses and individuals seeking great ways to promote their business or cause rely on graphic design.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Typography, Art]
1427 words (4.1 pages)
- The phrase "what is design" has been contemplated constantly. Walking down the street, people see cars, buildings and advertisements; piece of artwork serving purposes in the daily lives. Throughout society, people are bombarded by a verity of designs captivating the users and manifesting itself within cultural space. It is a broad definition and this may be due to the existence of art, with the two forms sharing such similarities yet different quite distinctly. Designers create to capture users attention, but ‘what is design?’ When the term ‘design’ comes to mind, it could be difficult to define and is often misconstrue as a term for art, however they have two entirely different meanings.... [tags: Design]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- The study selected the Eames famous design to talk about the impact of the social. Firstly, I will introduce the Eames’ background. Secondly, I will introduce some of their futures. Thirdly, I will talk more about the Eames house. Finally, I will talk about what I had inspired from them. If good design is the collision of creativity, hard work and a bit of serendipity, then the Eames' design can proudly bear the title. Charles and Ray Eames are well-known for their assistance to furnishings and developed conceive, movies, exhibitions, playthings and architecture.... [tags: Design]
1917 words (5.5 pages)
- Hamburgers are a reasonably recent creation, they were only became mainstream in the early twentieth century. In 1916 the first hamburger chain was created by J. Walter Anderson. At his Witchita, Kansas store he sold hamburgers for five cents wich also came with freis and colas. White castle was a thriving business, but it and other fast food chains did not become really popular until after World War II. In 1948 on a tennis court in San Berdino, California two brothers by the manes of Richard and Maurice chalked out the design for a new kind of fast food place from their point of view.... [tags: The Birth of Fast Food]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Information Systems and e-Business
- An Adventure into Unknown Territory: The Corps of Discovery
- Diagnosing Psychopathy: The Triarchic Model by Christopher J. Patrick
- The Hidden Side of the Influential Leader, Mahatma Gandhi
- Cyrano de Bergerac a Play Written by Edmond Rostand
- Creating a Culture of Excellence Withing an Organization