Essay PreviewMore ↓
1.0 Website Purposed
The website purposed is KLIA website (http://www.klia.com.my). Since its inauguration in year 1998, KLIA has won numerous awards from international organizations such as Skytrax and International Air Transport Association. With its continuous effort to provide excellent services to passengers, the airport has emerged as one of the top five airports in the world. KLIA's commitment to promote environment responsibility for all local and foreign travelers was recognized by Green Globe, making it the first and only airport in the world to receive Green Globe 21 certificate in year 2004 and onwards. KLIA website is informational website. The website show the flight information; departure and arrival whether local or international, KLIA map, hotel information locate in KLIA building and facilities they provide in KLIA and feedback form for the target user.
2.0 Problems Statement
2.1 Color Inconsistent
Figure 6.2 shows (refer appendixes section) the navigation menu is separated using color for each menu. This is inappropriate interface; it should using same color and put the separator.
Second, in figure 6.2 the color of sub title different from the other the sub title. The color must same with the other subtitle.
2.2 Inconsistent Layout
Figure 6.1 and figure 6.3 show the inconsistent layout for some page. The inconsistent layout is one in designing the interface layout. It should be in each page shall consistent to appear regularly.
2.3 A Menu can be Sub-Menu Other Menu
Figure 6.2 show the menu, it should be less than 6, with fewer menu items, your visitors’ eyes are less likely may scan past important items. Every time remove a menu item, the remaining items become more prominent. The more concise your navigation, the more home page authority will flow to interior pages, making them more likely to rank. For an example, SHOP AND DINE can be sub-menu for LEISURE.
2.4 Non Compatible Flash Animation
Several devices may support flash. For devices did not install Adobe Flash Player, they cannot view the flash item. For an example, iPad’s lack of Flash support and the continued lack of it on the iPhone, the debate has reached beyond the development community to include Adobe and Apple themselves.
How to Cite this Page
"Design KLIA Website." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Summary: Responsive Website design has been a rage in 2013. The introduction to responsive website design has given way to a separate type of typography, which is only compatible with the responsive website design. This article would be dealing with the responsive typography. When the topic of website comes into consideration, typography plays a very big role. Even some of the stalwarts in website designing consider that typography plays the biggest responsibility, when website design comes into the picture.... [tags: website, design, layout, settings, factors]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- We are a website development company that is focused solely on the quality of our work and the efficiency of our website design and development operations performed by our experienced design teams. We offer a wide variety of website development options guaranteed to be effective in making your website stunning and captivating to any customers or visitors that you may receive. Professional Web Design Company Web applications are continuing to expand and have become more complicated than they once were.... [tags: Website, Web design, World Wide Web, Design]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- This article discusses the essence of strong website design, including some foundational principles that should apply to just about every design you create. Will your skills be transformed simply by reading this article. No, but you 'll have a good start and a solid understanding of what separates "okay" website design from "excellent" design. First Things First: Understanding Usability "Usability" sounds like a made-up word that bears no relevance on the discussion here. Shouldn 't every site be "usable".... [tags: World Wide Web, Web design, Graphic design]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- According to Eccher (2015, p.7), there exist three web-design philosophies as it relates to the functionality of a website: usability, multimedia, and mortised. Usability refers to the ease to which a user is able to navigate a website, find information, process requests, and/or perform certain functions. Multimedia defines how effective websites uses animation, audio, video, and graphics to communicate its message to users (Eccher, 2015, p. 12). A mortised website combines the best of both worlds by presenting a website that is not only usable to its target audience, but has is aesthetically pleasing through the use of multimedia.... [tags: Web browser, World Wide Web, Website, Web page]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- ANALYSIS Pact for travel website Our approach to design is an important part of the site interactive e-tourism , is that they focus on the user as possible. Benyon et al (2005) recognize the PACT ( people, things , and the context , and technology ) , and think of it as a case of designing an interactive system , a useful framework . We believe that the implementation of PACT analysis will be useful for the analysis and design activities , and can be seen from the understanding of the current situation in the improvement possible in future cases .... [tags: analysis, design, website]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- When one decides to construct a building, the first person they need to contact is a building architect. The architect is responsible for drawing up the plans for the new building and incorporating the owner’s ideas and needs within them. They create the basic framework of the building, including plans for the rooms, the plumbing, the electricity, etc. The architect sources proper construction materials, zoning permits, and everything else needed before construction can start. When one is constructing a website, the first person they need to contact is a website architect.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web design, Website]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Critique of a Website Web sites are just like magazines, newspapers, brochures, menus, or even directions on how to make nitroglycerin from house-hold goods, in that they all have to be put together in such a manner that whoever is reading or browsing over it will be able to clearly distinguish this from that. In this sense, a critique of any particular web site will have justification, while carefully considering also that this is an altogether new medium of information exchange. Now, all of this talk of togetherness is actually a general reference to basic design principles, such as color coordination, if color is used, text size, font choice/ style, art integration, accessibility, and j... [tags: Website Design Analysis Essays Papers]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction The first thing that comes to mind on hearing "a compelling website" is "a beautifully designed website with hues of colours and images" a piece of art. That is exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I sat down to design the website. A couple of weeks later I was probably more elated than Leonardo Da Vinci would have been after completing his master piece. The website was adjudged 4th in the Asia Pacific region (Region 10) IEEE Web Design Contest 2003 in the first time entrants’ category… that isn’t as bad as it sounds… Almost half a decade later the website is absolutely the same… not due to my artistic brilliance… but because it just didn’t work out… Lessons learnt…... [tags: Website Design]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Facebook, Myspace, Yahoo, Google, and Twitter are all websites that people use every day, but how did they get there and how were they created. Website design is a process of assorting and linking codes and graphics into a text editor such as notepad and then displaying it onto a web browser. There is a large amount of things to remember for website design. Ranging from HTML, CSS, and XHTML codes to scripting languages like Java Script. Website design has a vast history considering it is a fairly young profession.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- Websites designs are always changing and it can be difficult to keep up. Website designers must always keep up with the latest trendses and looks. You could think of website design like clothing facion were you must always have the best a newest things. The unfornet thing is that the website owner begins to stop thinking of looks and begins think of other thing like content. Although the content is important design is is agreeable more important than one thinks. Lets quickly look at a typical user surfing the web and see what goes thorough the mind.... [tags: Information Technolgoy]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
2.5 Default Resolution Small
Figure 6.1 show the resolution is too small and makes the font tiny it may constraint against the farsighted people.
3.0 Characteristics of Primary User and their Goals
KLIA’s purpose for developing this website is for information about the klia through online, so visitor no need to find the maps at KLIA building and no need to ask Information Counter to get some information visitor needs.
The goals consist;
• Check the departure time for local or international flight.
• Check the arrival time for local or international flight.
• Visitor can find place they want to go in KLIA building.
• Visitor can view the information about transportation
• Visitor can view the facilities in KLIA building
4.0 Usability Testing
In order to complete this task, usability testing will be will be organized into several levels of user using the website. The usability testing that has been chosen is heuristic evaluation by Jacob Neilson and remote testing.
5.0 Short name of this Project
Upgrade the KLIA Website Interface
Figure 6.1 show the interface of KLIA website (http://www.klia.com.my/index.php) and the 3 column interface of KLIA website.
Figure 6.2 show the navigation menu
Figure 6.3 Show the 2 column interface of KLIA website.
Design Klia Website