Advent of Internet made modern world like a global village, and it has reduced the distances between the learner and teacher. A learner can use e-learning to take education not only for a limited period of time but for the whole life thus e-learning facilitate continuing and life long education.
E-Learning also supports the concept of classrooms without walls where learner and facilitator have the flexibility to make contact with each other, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; this develops Social Networking, Collaboration and Self learning among learner, which helps in effective learning.
Definition of e-learning:
E-learning is a broader concept; it is defined in terms of technologies used for the purpose of teaching and learning. The word E-Learning consists of two words “e” and “learning”, where “e”, stands for the word “electronic” i.e., electronic devices and “learning”, means acquisition of knowledge, skills and attitudes. Thus E-learning means acquisition of knowledge, skills and attitude through the use of technology, like Internet, mobiles, PDA’s and Computers. Carliner defines online learning as “educational material that is presented on a computer”. In chapter “Designing online learning”, Sharma, S (2009), defines online learning as an “Internet or Intranet-based teaching learning system designed for web based delivery, without face to face contact between teacher and learner”; in this type of teaching learning system knowledge is imparted through synchronous and asynchronous modes through Internet or intranet. According to Badrul L Khan “E-learning represent open, flexible and distributed learning”.
E-learning, though in its nascent stage, has a very high scope, because of rich and interactive co...
... middle of paper ...
...ision. Retrieved February 10, 2010, from http://pgdel.ignouonline.ac.in/pgdel/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=12.
Mousa, A., Vince, B., Bennett, J., Berman, P., Bond, M., Border, J., & Brink, S. (2006). E-learning concepts and techniques.pdf. Pennsylvania: Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. Retrieved February 2, 2010, from http://iit.bloomu.edu/Spring2006_eBook_files
Naidu, S. (n.d.). e-learning_guidebook.pdf (application/pdf Object) (Second Revised Edition.). Director, Commonwealth Educational Media Center for Asia (CEMCA). Retrieved February 20, 2010, from http://www.cemca.org/e-learning_guidebook.pdf?
Sharma, S. (Ed.). (2009). E-learning, STRIDE handbook. New Delhi, IANS Publishing.
Swamy, K. (2010, February 4). MDE-001: E-Learning: Your ideas, thinking and vision.
Retrieved February 25, 2010 from http://pgdel.ignouonline.ac.in/pgdel/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=12
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Although we had been working on it diligently for several months, RoboHacks did not seem "real" until it actually happened. Even then, the impact of what we had achieved took a while to fully manifest itself in our minds. It was a novel experience in many ways, due in part to the fact that (to our knowledge) we were the first ever student design team in North America to host its own hackathon. Beyond that, we were atypical even within the normally software-based hackathon community because we chose to incorporate an additional element -- hardware -- into RoboHacks.... [tags: Team, The A-Team]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Positive and Negative Impact of Computer in Society Almost a century ago, a large number of inventions took place during the first industrial revolution. Within a short span of time, many countries became industrialized. Now we are in the beginning of another industrial revolution. The major cause of the second industrial revolution is the invention of computers. Computer is the most versatile machine humans have ever created. It plays an important role in our everyday life. It covers huge area of application including education, industries, government, medicine, and scientific research, law and even music and arts.... [tags: Computer, Computer-aided design]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- "Let 's talk about sex, baby/Let 's talk about all the good things/And the bad things that may be," let 's address the "bad things" society does not "talk" about such as the responsibility women must take to prevent pregnancy and STDs, baby (Kalveit 1). The role of women in this case seems unjustifiable, education and accessibility to birth control was almost non-existent until 1916 and have been closely regulated or restricted since then, compared to condoms, which has been around since the River Valley Civilization (Escobar 1).... [tags: Birth control, Sexual intercourse, Sex education]
2187 words (6.2 pages)
- Adult basic education or ABE is a complicated area given that there are varying definitions of the words the title contain. Theorists, practitioners and learners can give differing accounts of what it means to be an adult learner, what constitutes basic education and how to facilitate said education. In practice, the area of ABE describes a whole range of programs that deliver a baseline or basic set of skills that all adults are expected to have acquired during compulsory education (ABE, 2013).... [tags: technology, digital literacy]
2112 words (6 pages)
- . More application accessibility on the cloud With most new programming being constructed for cloud from the start, it is anticipated that by 2016 over a quarter of all applications (around 48 million) will be accessible on the cloud. This bodes well when you consider that around 56 percent of endeavors consider cloud to be a key differentiator, and roughly 58 percent of undertakings use more than 10 percent of their yearly plan on cloud administrations. The Everest Group, in their late Enterprise Cloud Adoption Survey, further contends that cloud reception empowers operational incredibleness and quickened advancement 2.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Interior design is one of the most important professions. When thinking of design and architecture industry, it is necessary to keep in mind that the professionals emphasis on matters of everyday life when commencing a project. Important sectors of interior design consist of: residential, commercial, hospitality, healthcare, education and corporate designs. Thus, the field deals with numerous factors and affects almost everyone in some way. Design is goal-oriented– it strives to achieve a certain purpose.... [tags: Design, Designer, Interior design]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Question #1 In order to modify a hotel to have accessibility for every consumer, from very young to seniors and all disabilities, there are a lot of obstacles to take into consideration that have solutions. Accommodations and accessibility should start from the start, therefore, the hotel will need to provide priority parking for individuals that have disabilities, for expecting mothers, and for family that have babies and/or toddlers. In the front of the hotel, there will be a loading and unloading dock for those that might need it.... [tags: Disability, Wheelchair, Accessibility]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- Olivia Wilson Mrs. Gallos English 3 Honors April, 20 2016 Birth Control and Accessibility to Minors Birth control has always been a controversial topic, with very strong views on each side of the argument. But birth control for minors is an even more controversial subject. Many people think that giving birth control to minors will encourage them to be sexually active. While many other people think that they will be sexually active either way and so they should be provided with birth control. On one side of the argument they are saying that birth control will encourage minors to engage in sexually activity.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Sex education]
1472 words (4.2 pages)
- Introduction Distance education has and continues to play an essential role in educational access. It is characterized as teaching and learning via technology, where the students and instructor are not in the same space and time during learning. The integration of technology provides the mechanisms to facilitate interaction between the students and the professor, and the learning infrastructure. Whatever the methodology, distance education is a mode of delivery that ensures access to education to those not able to attend traditional education venues, or denied access based on social or ethnic status.... [tags: distance education, educational access]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Two of the most important inventions in the last 50 years include the Internet and the World Wide Web. Over 1.96 billion people currently use the Internet around the world. Current statistics on world Internet usage and population from the Internet World Stats Web site. However, many of those people are unable to access the information on the Internet fully. Using the United States as an example, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2005 “among the population 15 years and older, 7.8 million people (3.4 percent) had difficulty seeing words or letters in ordinary newspaper print, and 1.8 million of these people reported being unable to see,” (3).... [tags: The Internet]
1013 words (2.9 pages)