I was a natural writer I had the desire to write in a way that was sneaky but descriptive, I wanted my audience to be captivated ...
... middle of paper ...
...d of accepting defeat, unlike my mother I make it through high school graduating with a good grade point average. I was no longer a middle school student excelling in literacy, I was no longer using my past experiences to get my point across. I was growing in literacy, I stop writing free verses and start writing from a different perspective. My aunt introduces me to reading and other introduce me to poetry, my high school English teacher paid attention to my grammar and as a junior in college I am taking on the rest. Literacy growth is a part of everyone lives, tragic things happen to shape my literary views, while people help mold and revise my way of thinking. This does not have to be a scary task, it is simply meeting the writer where they at and building that literacy bridge to help them travel across. I will be forever grateful for my literacy background.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One thing that is very important in all forms of writing – not just poetry – is the description. When writing, an author should describe the setting and the characters thoroughly, in a way that resounds in the reader. All descriptions are written in hopes of putting an image into your head, and especially as sophomores, I believe that we are still learning how to write descriptions. Descriptions are not as easy as everyone thinks of them as – not a good description, anyway. I’ve read many descriptive sentences from peer grading essays and my trudge through numerous novels and short stories, and rarely do I find that descriptions really put an image into my head.... [tags: image, relate, reader, poem]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- The year is almost over, meaning the time spent growing and learning new linguistic and writing strategies is coming to a close. Looking back on the long journey I have experienced first-hand, I have noticed growth with every piece that I wrote. At times the class was stressful, but it was always an extreme accomplishment to finish a paper and grow and develop as a writer. First semester, I set goals that I felt would be attainable, yet beneficial for the AP exam. The goals I established were to become more creative in my writing, expand my use of rhetorical strategies, and improve my vocabulary.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Linguistics, Piece]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- She opened her mouth to his, accepting him and moaning with pleasure as he explored the inner reaches with his tongue. His hands began to roam, gliding down the small of her back to the top of her buttocks and over them, forcing her hips against him and feeling the strain of his erection pressed against her. She gasped, breaking the kiss and Merlin took the opportunity to begin kissing down the line of her long neck, while his hands started to pull up the fabric of her thin nightgown until the were able to touch her bare skin underneath.... [tags: Finger, Ring finger, Lip, Debut albums]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Driving with my dad those countless hours gave me plenty of time to say goodbye, but I just couldn’t form the words. So instead when pestered each other with our normal banter, annoying each other with pun filled jokes that incited a groan instead of a laugh. My dad filled the time with stories, telling me about his childhood, his father, and grandfather who I never had the pleasure to meet. At that time, though I never actually said goodbye or how much I’d miss him, this was in a way our way of saying it without actually speaking.... [tags: Family, Mother, Jack Lemmon, Father]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- “Yugyeom.. You walk to fast!” You panted as you rested your hands on your knees. Yugyeom was a little more fit than you and was a lot faster than you, making it hard for you to keep up with his quick pace. You were both on the way to Got7’s practice room. Yugyeom had invited you to learn the new dance for their latest comeback. You were so excited to learn it. You had to have watched their teaser at least 50 times. You liked to think of them as a bunch of flying squishies. Yugyeom smiled at you as he opened the door to the practice room.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, Debut albums, Hug]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Throughout the fall semester in English 1010, I have learned a wealth of information that has provided stepping stones in improving my writing skills. Writing has always been a difficult task and has posed many challenges for me. One of the main challenges that I faced was writer’s block. I struggled with writing a simple paragraph and felt that I would never be able to write an essay or research paper. I either could not find the ideas or thoughts to write down or I did not know how to explain myself.... [tags: Writing, Critical thinking, Thought, Essay]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- These Dancing Words These are my dancing words,and once written here, They are yours, and you may keep them If you wish,perhaps I might even,write them, Upon your heart,and maybe they will reach, Deep within you,and bring you comfort and hope, These words of mine,travel far to greet you, They come from the core of my being,and They leave my fingertips, in a gesture of love, Communicating to you, a part of me,my soul, Escaping my history,to form here,on your screen, Some are sad,and raw and open,clawing At my heart, as they plead to remain hidden, But I myself know, that for every line I write, There are more unspoken words,trembling Waiting to be written, released and exposed, Like a gapi... [tags: Debut albums, 2008 singles]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- You wore your Sunday dress that morning. I knew it was the only clean thing you had in your apartment, but I liked it anyway. I always liked it when you dressed up. The way the blues on your skirt made your skin shine was my favorite, but I couldn’t see it with the jacket you wore. It was too long and too big. It dimmed you. When you walked into the room, your auburn hair brought life to the gone walls of the courtroom that looked usually looked like dirt. I liked watching your hair because it was like just like mine and reminded me of the times we would sit on the grass and watch as it got lighter from the sun.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, 2006 singles]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- I squeezed her cold, wrinkly hand as tears poured from my eyes like the rain was pouring from the sky. I stood beside her casket taking in all that I could before she was gone for good. They misted her with her signature tangy perfume to cover the pungent smell of death, it didn’t work. I scanned her face with my eyes, taking in every freckle and wrinkle. A woman who I had never seen wear make-up was painted over like a canvas in a museum. Her snow white hair was pinned back into curls, like she wore for church on Sunday mornings.... [tags: Shoe, Footwear, Eye, Rainbow]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Dad It’s been awhile. “Tired of waiting for your call … don’t bother calling me back … ever again.” Those were the last words that I heard you say in the voicemail you left me… approximately three years ago. I did, however, call you back immediately. 3 times as a matter of fact. Twice before I played your voicemail right after I missed your call. Once more after I listened and couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I called you twice more in the following days. No answer. Apparently I had hurt you so bad by not calling you back sooner that you needed to cut off all contact forever (?) During that time I had a shit storm happening in my life … you may remember; separation moving towards divorce,... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Shit, Euphemism]
2123 words (6.1 pages)
- Qualities Of A Leader Or President Or Any Kind Of Authority Position?
- Analysis Of James Baldwin 's The Fire Next Time
- Analysis Of The Poem ' On Being Brought From African South America ' By Phillis Wheatley And Toni Morrison 's '
- The Myth Of The Ant Queen
- The Current State Of Research
- I Would Say That The Dove Campaign Should Be Non Rational Propaganda