Everything changes - the seasons, friends, goals, dreams, and so much more. It’s understandable to believe that not everything changes, but when you look back on your life you realize change is what got you to where you are today. It has been said, “If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies”.
* * * * * *
The cars drive in a line across town, a longer black car already there. The other cars go around to meet the end of it. I am holding over two dozen red roses with a few white ones mixed in. I step out of the car, the cold air kissing my cheeks. My fingers already tingling. Seven men in black slacks, white button ups, and suspenders stand near the black vehicle, slowly we all make our way near the pile of dirt. The sun shines, but the cold blocks its warmth. The seven men carry out the blue casket; his favorite color. Tears stream down as I realize I won’t feel his embrace anymore. Although we have sorrow for the loss of life, there is a celebration of joy. The pastor speaks of a great man. The white roses are dispersed among his kids and wife. “I’ll see you in the morning,” says his wife. The tears begin to flow like a river. The red roses are for his grandkids. One by one each walk by and say goodbye. Next are his great grandkids. Walking, each step harder the closer to the coffin. I grab a rose, my hands tremble. I place the rose on his coffin. As I walk away I whisper, “I’ll miss you, Grandpa”. We walk away, the sun still high. It was not a way of grandpa saying goodbye, but “See you later alligator”.
* * * * * *
He sits next to me, sings his favorite songs, and gives me a look that makes me stop what I am doing to help him. He is my best friend. I look at h...
... middle of paper ...
... bottom. This change comes for those who choose to further their education, but by being at this level it does get a little lonely. Yes, there are a bunch of students making this transition, but that doesn’t mean everyone is walking in your shoes. I sit alone drowning in my thoughts. I want things to be the same, for people to talk to me or come to me with problems, but in college it is not that way. Everyone is drowning their thoughts into that twelve-ounce beer can rather than pouring their words into the ears of their friends. I know that someday they will grow up, but what about changing now. Education is important and blacking out almost every night is not helping. My thoughts wonder and I long to find someone who doesn’t like to drink or party all the time. I’ve changed, but the real question is when will the rest of the world change?
* * * * * *
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For my fourth sensescape, I decided to taste something that I have not had in ten years. I created a list of possible foods to re-eat. One of them on my list was a slider from White Castle. Since I have not gone to or seen a White Castle in the longest time, I searched up the nearest location to my house and I ventured there. When I walked into the White Castle, the savory smell of onions and beef awakened my nostrils and tempted my taste buds. I ordered five original sliders with no additional toppings.... [tags: Taste, Olfaction, Sense, Hamburger]
711 words (2 pages)
- The sound of the wheels from a skateboard on the pavement rattles my head. The only thing stopping the pounding noise was the slight breeze of air that flew through cooling down all the noise. Blowing through the blue curls in my hair the wind covered my ears. No worries could reach me in this moment. The excitement to get to the library kept me flying down the road. I could already imagine the smell in the air of old paperback books enveloping my nose. Getting to run my fingers over new books hard spines that hold the forever stories together.... [tags: Character, English-language films, Protagonist]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- My mind was empty and full of boredom, and the only way to satisfy this void was to draw. It was midday at my house, and my four-year-old attention span was not able to handle not drawing. I scurried around my parent’s office looking for the holy grail of colors and found it in the waxy smell of Crayola crayons: a magnificent, bright, and vivid pack of 12 colors. I began my search for the last piece of the puzzle--the white copy paper to draw on. Searching for what seemed like forever (most likely a minute), I gave up and began another exploration.... [tags: Want, Need, Help me, Help]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- The photo—which my mama now held lovingly in her grasp—I hadn’t realized sat encased in an actual silver frame. When I had touched the frame to draw it close so I could take better look, a shock of static electricity pierced through me. The sudden surge of energy making a snapping, popping sound as an arching bluish bolt of lightning jumped from the metal to my finger tips. “Ouch,” I muttered as I quickly reeled my hand back before touching my fingertips to my lips. “Oh, did it get you?” my mama asked after having heard the sound and possibly even having saw the spark strike before I jumped back.... [tags: Bedroom, Room, Apartment, Nursery]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The smells of her still linger around me. I can remember walking in to her house and being overwhelmed by the smell of dryer sheets, makeup, and dogs. It doesn’t sound like a nice smell but little did I know it would become one of my favorite smells. As we got older my grandparents took me on vacations with them. We did a lot we went to different lakes, different monumental structures and many different camping sights. Even though my grandpa and I never told her, we always believed she was the root of all bad luck on our vacations, and I mean serious bad luck.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Wind, Lake]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- I have always found it fallacious that so many people feel the need to speak about someone and assume things that are completely inaccurate. As an older brother I have I had alot of responsibities, so sometimes I babysit my little Brother who is 3 years old. However everytime I go out in public with my little Brother people always assume that he’s my son. I never get frantic but every now and then someone will make an absurd comment that I would not be so kind to. I remember one weekend day after taking my brother to the park, we decided to go to Jack In The Box.... [tags: Hip hop music, Hip hop, Rapping, Funk]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- My hair stood on end, a shiver raced down my spine and a lump came to my throat. It was him...I haven’t seen him, let alone heard his name, in over five years. Don. I mouthed his name as my eyes met the face that I used to see every night and day. Quickly, I avoided my gaze. The last thing I wanted was for him to notice me. He looked happy, glowing. Don had seemed to move on to bigger and better things. What was he doing back in town. The little coffee shop that we used to spend our Friday nights in listening to music had not had both of us in it since he left...Suddenly waves of good times and warm feelings entered my brain.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, 2008 singles]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- Driving with my dad those countless hours gave me plenty of time to say goodbye, but I just couldn’t form the words. So instead when pestered each other with our normal banter, annoying each other with pun filled jokes that incited a groan instead of a laugh. My dad filled the time with stories, telling me about his childhood, his father, and grandfather who I never had the pleasure to meet. At that time, though I never actually said goodbye or how much I’d miss him, this was in a way our way of saying it without actually speaking.... [tags: Family, Mother, Jack Lemmon, Father]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- “Yugyeom.. You walk to fast!” You panted as you rested your hands on your knees. Yugyeom was a little more fit than you and was a lot faster than you, making it hard for you to keep up with his quick pace. You were both on the way to Got7’s practice room. Yugyeom had invited you to learn the new dance for their latest comeback. You were so excited to learn it. You had to have watched their teaser at least 50 times. You liked to think of them as a bunch of flying squishies. Yugyeom smiled at you as he opened the door to the practice room.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, Debut albums, Hug]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- I sat at the bar In the kitchen, eating ice cream and I guess he 's still on the phone. I 'm still thinking of ways I can tell him I can either. A. Blurt it out. B. Just wait until it shows more. C. Leave and not tell him and not ruin his life. The way things are going I like options b&c. He came into the kitchen and sat down across from me. "Baby I 'm sorry, it was Nick he wanted to know if I wanted to shoot pool." I nodded. "Are you going?." I said looking at my barely eaten ice cream. "No I told him I going to stay with you." I nodded again.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2008 singles]
1922 words (5.5 pages)