It was a beautiful night. It was perfect for a walk. As I strolled further into the park a figure approached me. It was as dark as pitch so I couldn’t make out who it was. It was late; you wouldn’t usually see anyone at this time. My heart was beating faster and faster. The strange thing was I wasn’t frightened; it was just my heart beating rapidly. As the masculine figure approached, I began to walk slower. That was when I heard the voice.
‘Nice night for a walk’ I heard from ahead.
‘Yes, it is,’ I responded.
It was strange enough to see someone at this time but for him to speak to me was increasingly strange, although this man seemed quite friendly. I was told not to talk to strangers, but it was different this time. He didn’t feel like a stranger. The conversation was flowing for a good while until the weather took a turn for the worst. I gave him my number after he asked half a dozen times. We said goodnight to each other and walked our separate ways. I didn’t quite get a good enough look at him, so I was hoping he’d give me a call.
A week had nearly passed and I hadn’t heard anything from the stranger, whose name I didn’t even know. It was on the F...
... middle of paper ...
...down my face as I squeezed him tight, He looked at my stomach and he said quietly, ‘Couldn’t miss our on our child’s life now, could I? Especially when my beautiful wide will be a part of it.’ I simply smiled.
We sat down on the sofa that night and I had never been so glad to see anything in my entire life. Luke explained to me that he had been shot in the shoulder and had to go on hide out as the opposition had spotted him and hiding was the only way he’d survive. He had cleaned out his wound with some of his water and bandaged it up with some clothe he had in his bag. When he finally arrived at the base they sent him home and he then told them he couldn’t go back to the army because he had a family to care for. Unfortunately the officer that had phone me had had some miscommunication. All I can say now is I’m glad he’s home safe and we can now be a family.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... A whole treasure trove of hidden memories was unleashed like water rushing out of a broken pipe. As I was munching down on the slider, I remembered how much I loved White Castle when I was little. I went to a daycare when I was three or four years old and I remember that the director of the daycare loved to order sliders for all of the kids because it was so inexpensive. Additionally, it was the perfect size for small children. I used to finish the slider in five bites. Eighteen years later, the slider still tastes as wonderful as it did when I was four.... [tags: Taste, Olfaction, Sense, Hamburger]
711 words (2 pages)
- ... A girl who did go to her best friend in time of need. A girl who told her mother her feelings on the subject instead exploding with pain on the inside. I wrote about Annaleah doing all the things I wished I could do in situations like these. I am the worn cracks on the spine of a book waiting for someone to pick at me until I crumble to the ground to the point of no repair. The idea of being a made-up character floods my mind and I 'm happier at the thought of being someone else. She does all the things I wish I could do.... [tags: Character, English-language films, Protagonist]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- My mind was empty and full of boredom, and the only way to satisfy this void was to draw. It was midday at my house, and my four-year-old attention span was not able to handle not drawing. I scurried around my parent’s office looking for the holy grail of colors and found it in the waxy smell of Crayola crayons: a magnificent, bright, and vivid pack of 12 colors. I began my search for the last piece of the puzzle--the white copy paper to draw on. Searching for what seemed like forever (most likely a minute), I gave up and began another exploration.... [tags: Want, Need, Help me, Help]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- I have always found it fallacious that so many people feel the need to speak about someone and assume things that are completely inaccurate. As an older brother I have I had alot of responsibities, so sometimes I babysit my little Brother who is 3 years old. However everytime I go out in public with my little Brother people always assume that he’s my son. I never get frantic but every now and then someone will make an absurd comment that I would not be so kind to. I remember one weekend day after taking my brother to the park, we decided to go to Jack In The Box.... [tags: Hip hop music, Hip hop, Rapping, Funk]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- The photo—which my mama now held lovingly in her grasp—I hadn’t realized sat encased in an actual silver frame. When I had touched the frame to draw it close so I could take better look, a shock of static electricity pierced through me. The sudden surge of energy making a snapping, popping sound as an arching bluish bolt of lightning jumped from the metal to my finger tips. “Ouch,” I muttered as I quickly reeled my hand back before touching my fingertips to my lips. “Oh, did it get you?” my mama asked after having heard the sound and possibly even having saw the spark strike before I jumped back.... [tags: Bedroom, Room, Apartment, Nursery]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The smells of her still linger around me. I can remember walking in to her house and being overwhelmed by the smell of dryer sheets, makeup, and dogs. It doesn’t sound like a nice smell but little did I know it would become one of my favorite smells. As we got older my grandparents took me on vacations with them. We did a lot we went to different lakes, different monumental structures and many different camping sights. Even though my grandpa and I never told her, we always believed she was the root of all bad luck on our vacations, and I mean serious bad luck.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Wind, Lake]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- My hair stood on end, a shiver raced down my spine and a lump came to my throat. It was him...I haven’t seen him, let alone heard his name, in over five years. Don. I mouthed his name as my eyes met the face that I used to see every night and day. Quickly, I avoided my gaze. The last thing I wanted was for him to notice me. He looked happy, glowing. Don had seemed to move on to bigger and better things. What was he doing back in town. The little coffee shop that we used to spend our Friday nights in listening to music had not had both of us in it since he left...Suddenly waves of good times and warm feelings entered my brain.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, 2008 singles]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- Driving with my dad those countless hours gave me plenty of time to say goodbye, but I just couldn’t form the words. So instead when pestered each other with our normal banter, annoying each other with pun filled jokes that incited a groan instead of a laugh. My dad filled the time with stories, telling me about his childhood, his father, and grandfather who I never had the pleasure to meet. At that time, though I never actually said goodbye or how much I’d miss him, this was in a way our way of saying it without actually speaking.... [tags: Family, Mother, Jack Lemmon, Father]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- “Yugyeom.. You walk to fast!” You panted as you rested your hands on your knees. Yugyeom was a little more fit than you and was a lot faster than you, making it hard for you to keep up with his quick pace. You were both on the way to Got7’s practice room. Yugyeom had invited you to learn the new dance for their latest comeback. You were so excited to learn it. You had to have watched their teaser at least 50 times. You liked to think of them as a bunch of flying squishies. Yugyeom smiled at you as he opened the door to the practice room.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, Debut albums, Hug]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- I sat at the bar In the kitchen, eating ice cream and I guess he 's still on the phone. I 'm still thinking of ways I can tell him I can either. A. Blurt it out. B. Just wait until it shows more. C. Leave and not tell him and not ruin his life. The way things are going I like options b&c. He came into the kitchen and sat down across from me. "Baby I 'm sorry, it was Nick he wanted to know if I wanted to shoot pool." I nodded. "Are you going?." I said looking at my barely eaten ice cream. "No I told him I going to stay with you." I nodded again.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2008 singles]
1922 words (5.5 pages)