The expression on my face is blissful, content, in love – an appearance I always had when I was around him. I knew that he cared for me as much as I cared for him. There was such adoration, such gleefulness in the way I gazed at the camera. I felt that there was nothing that could tear our closeness that created our bond.This snapshot was taken a week before he confessed to me something that he had kept inside for almost ten years that completely changed his life, my life, and the life of his family.
The confession he needed to divulge was that he was gay. The boy who for two years I was in love with, the boy I spent family vacations with, the boy who I had my first kiss with, the boy who I spent Christmas with was gay. Little did I know, this disillusionment would change my perspective on such a variety of aspects in life. We had always talked about our dreams of becoming doctors together, our dreams of traveling together, and our dreams of growing up together. But not everything in life goes as planned, especially if you are a teen blinded by adolescent love. Our families did everything together. We were a team and in my mind, we were imperishable. But I guess that’s why the adage posits teen love hurts, reason being is that it’s a roller-coaster of emotions on steroids. Our hormones and feelings are speeding at 100 miles per hour and we can’t control our various emotional moments of joy, rejection, f...
... middle of paper ...
...nce with this boy helped me realize that we need to be a friend to the person that is getting oppressed and tell a trusted adult.
Students who are a victim of bullying are at a higher chance to have poor school performance, anxiety, and depression. The effects of bullying perturb me. They are at a higher risk of using drugs and be aggressive when they are adults. Almost one in every four teens are bullied and eighty percent of those identify as LGBTQ. But bullying doesn’t just happen if you’re perceived as LGBTQ it can also happen based on your weight or ethnic backgrounds. Suicide is one of the leading causes among young people, resulting in about 4400 deaths per year. At least half of the suicides are teenage girls and at least half of those are due to bullying. As the National Bullying Prevention Center motto depicts “The end of bullying begins with you”.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For my fourth sensescape, I decided to taste something that I have not had in ten years. I created a list of possible foods to re-eat. One of them on my list was a slider from White Castle. Since I have not gone to or seen a White Castle in the longest time, I searched up the nearest location to my house and I ventured there. When I walked into the White Castle, the savory smell of onions and beef awakened my nostrils and tempted my taste buds. I ordered five original sliders with no additional toppings.... [tags: Taste, Olfaction, Sense, Hamburger]
711 words (2 pages)
- The sound of the wheels from a skateboard on the pavement rattles my head. The only thing stopping the pounding noise was the slight breeze of air that flew through cooling down all the noise. Blowing through the blue curls in my hair the wind covered my ears. No worries could reach me in this moment. The excitement to get to the library kept me flying down the road. I could already imagine the smell in the air of old paperback books enveloping my nose. Getting to run my fingers over new books hard spines that hold the forever stories together.... [tags: Character, English-language films, Protagonist]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- My mind was empty and full of boredom, and the only way to satisfy this void was to draw. It was midday at my house, and my four-year-old attention span was not able to handle not drawing. I scurried around my parent’s office looking for the holy grail of colors and found it in the waxy smell of Crayola crayons: a magnificent, bright, and vivid pack of 12 colors. I began my search for the last piece of the puzzle--the white copy paper to draw on. Searching for what seemed like forever (most likely a minute), I gave up and began another exploration.... [tags: Want, Need, Help me, Help]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- The photo—which my mama now held lovingly in her grasp—I hadn’t realized sat encased in an actual silver frame. When I had touched the frame to draw it close so I could take better look, a shock of static electricity pierced through me. The sudden surge of energy making a snapping, popping sound as an arching bluish bolt of lightning jumped from the metal to my finger tips. “Ouch,” I muttered as I quickly reeled my hand back before touching my fingertips to my lips. “Oh, did it get you?” my mama asked after having heard the sound and possibly even having saw the spark strike before I jumped back.... [tags: Bedroom, Room, Apartment, Nursery]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The smells of her still linger around me. I can remember walking in to her house and being overwhelmed by the smell of dryer sheets, makeup, and dogs. It doesn’t sound like a nice smell but little did I know it would become one of my favorite smells. As we got older my grandparents took me on vacations with them. We did a lot we went to different lakes, different monumental structures and many different camping sights. Even though my grandpa and I never told her, we always believed she was the root of all bad luck on our vacations, and I mean serious bad luck.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Wind, Lake]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- I have always found it fallacious that so many people feel the need to speak about someone and assume things that are completely inaccurate. As an older brother I have I had alot of responsibities, so sometimes I babysit my little Brother who is 3 years old. However everytime I go out in public with my little Brother people always assume that he’s my son. I never get frantic but every now and then someone will make an absurd comment that I would not be so kind to. I remember one weekend day after taking my brother to the park, we decided to go to Jack In The Box.... [tags: Hip hop music, Hip hop, Rapping, Funk]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- My hair stood on end, a shiver raced down my spine and a lump came to my throat. It was him...I haven’t seen him, let alone heard his name, in over five years. Don. I mouthed his name as my eyes met the face that I used to see every night and day. Quickly, I avoided my gaze. The last thing I wanted was for him to notice me. He looked happy, glowing. Don had seemed to move on to bigger and better things. What was he doing back in town. The little coffee shop that we used to spend our Friday nights in listening to music had not had both of us in it since he left...Suddenly waves of good times and warm feelings entered my brain.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, 2008 singles]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- Driving with my dad those countless hours gave me plenty of time to say goodbye, but I just couldn’t form the words. So instead when pestered each other with our normal banter, annoying each other with pun filled jokes that incited a groan instead of a laugh. My dad filled the time with stories, telling me about his childhood, his father, and grandfather who I never had the pleasure to meet. At that time, though I never actually said goodbye or how much I’d miss him, this was in a way our way of saying it without actually speaking.... [tags: Family, Mother, Jack Lemmon, Father]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- “Yugyeom.. You walk to fast!” You panted as you rested your hands on your knees. Yugyeom was a little more fit than you and was a lot faster than you, making it hard for you to keep up with his quick pace. You were both on the way to Got7’s practice room. Yugyeom had invited you to learn the new dance for their latest comeback. You were so excited to learn it. You had to have watched their teaser at least 50 times. You liked to think of them as a bunch of flying squishies. Yugyeom smiled at you as he opened the door to the practice room.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, Debut albums, Hug]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- I sat at the bar In the kitchen, eating ice cream and I guess he 's still on the phone. I 'm still thinking of ways I can tell him I can either. A. Blurt it out. B. Just wait until it shows more. C. Leave and not tell him and not ruin his life. The way things are going I like options b&c. He came into the kitchen and sat down across from me. "Baby I 'm sorry, it was Nick he wanted to know if I wanted to shoot pool." I nodded. "Are you going?." I said looking at my barely eaten ice cream. "No I told him I going to stay with you." I nodded again.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2008 singles]
1922 words (5.5 pages)