“Let’s get twisted!”
What could be finer for the summer season and vacation time than a trip to one of the best amusement parks in America? From the east coast to the west coast, traveling enthusiasts may just find their own merry mixture ride of pure enjoyment from Cultureify’s top pickof amusement parks!
While the first and foremost draw among amusement park fans is more often than not the notable thrill a minute rides, in all their intensity and height… don’t overlook the beauty of nostalgia!
The simpler, yet updated amusement parks from a bygone era still entice today’s fans yearly. The jaw dropping clickety clack of the wooden roller coasters, quaint concessions, theme parks, and a very family to kid-friendly environment are a safe haven for family oriented entertainment. Fortunately, there are number of ‘old-fashioned and vintage’ amusement parks that still dot the landscape in America, retaining their original appeal while adding a touch of fast paced excitement for today’s fans. These parks have defied the passage of time and economic woes to survive and thrive in the bosom of America. They remain stalwart to serve the nostalgic needs in all of our hearts, hearkening to the more innocent and gentle era of the early 20th century.
There is no video game or on-line social networking entertainment that can compete with the joy that the amusement park has provided for generations!
Recorded as the oldest, continuously operating amusement park in America is Lake Compounce in Bristol, Connecticut. “The Lake” was founded in 1846 as a mere picnic park. Since then, they’ve found the delicate balance of preserving the character of yesterday while meeting the thrill a minute amusement park needs of today’s generation! In 1895, the fi...
... middle of paper ...
... ride was opened in 1880. The first roller coaster to open there was in the Switchback Railway, in 1892. It’s been said that Cedar Point is ‘the mother of all amusement parks’ pioneering standards for the other amusement parks. Here, you’ll find an unquestionable all time number one rated hot diggity dog experience! So, from the Wicked Twister, to the Disaster Transport, you’re in for an experience of awesomeness like none other.
There are many other parks well worth mentioning in the good ole USA! From the Seabreeze Amusement Park in Rochester, NY opening on August 5, 1879 to Grove Park, the Coney Island of the West right onto Dorney Park in Allentown, PA who traces its history grand old year of 1860, the fun is never-ending!
So stand by, or step right up and let’s give it up to the abandoned hey day of yesterday!
Sound courtesy of Free Sound.org by Noise Collector
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How does the author use the interaction between the protagonists and the other characters to explore the central characters journey and what they gain and lose by the end of their story. “Real friends never let go” this was undoubtedly the situation for Brynna Chase, not even her dead best friend Erica Shaw wanted to let her go. After moving to a whole new town Brynna and her family thought that she might be able to move on from that fateful night and that stupid dare which caused her best friend to become lost at sea.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Friends]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- I followed the old, rickety boardwalk through the rows of corn that went to the ends of my Earth. The early summertime dew had a perfume of light magic that hung in the air like the fireflies that danced in and out of my vision. Pounding against the ancient boardwalk, my bare feet were getting tired from the running I was doing, but I couldn 't stop now. John was waiting for me near the ocean at the end of the lane, our little spot. Nothing more than a small fishing hole, our "ocean" was a special muse no one knew about except me and John.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, Pop ballads]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Saturday’s finally here which is good because no can me and even if they did they wouldn’t care they beat me up anyway. As I walk down the stairs I hear Spongebob on T.V, which means Max, is up. “Hey max do you want to go to the park today?” I asked “Sure haven’t been in a while. But what about your arm it looks broken, can you move it?” He asked worrying. “Max its fine we can go to the park I just cant move it or it will im going up stairs to get in the shower I’ll be back.” I say as I turn to walk back up the stair I go in my room to get my favorite shower gel ‘Winter Candy Apple’ then I go to the bathroom and turn on the water.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, Debut albums]
1711 words (4.9 pages)
- dishes to flew onto the floor breaking. The servants scrabbled to clean up the large mess. “But you cannot be unrealistic either; I would be a fool to let you believe for one second you could win. Prophecy says you lose.” I replied apathetically. “When will you get it through your fucking head?” “Look, I am sorry your entire echelon does not stand a chance and as far as war goes, I want no part in it.” I stood up, causing some of the girls at the table to whisper, and moved past him nonchalantly, but a hoof snatched my hand.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2007 singles, Debut albums, Kutless]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- She knocks on Illya’s door at a quarter past four in the afternoon. Her hair is twisted up fashionably; dabs of Oh. de London sit on her pulse points. There is a fire under her skin, burning her nerves out one by one. When the door isn’t opened quickly enough, she knocks again, harder, relishing the sharp rap of her knuckles against the wood. The door cracks open then, and a three-inch width of Illya comes into sight. She steps forward to push by him, and for a moment he holds his position, like he’s thinking about trying to keep her out.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, What Would You Do?]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
- A person who overcomes antagonistic and unnecessary issues in a mature and powering manor. That is the definition of a hero to me. Someone who is being hurt and sees others hurt from the actions and takes charge and does everything in his power to change it. Someone who puts others before themselves and acts in the most chivalrous way. The definition of a hero is different for everyone. Some one might think of a hero as someone who can lift a car and put it on their back, or gives a dying person their kidney.... [tags: heroes, Twisted, Laurie Halse Anderson,]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- The Speckled Band and the Man with the Twisted Lip In the beginning of the story, The Speckled Band, a young woman arrived at Sherlock Holmes house at quarter past seven in the morning, with a very urgent matter that she needed to talk to him about. The matter being that the young woman, Miss Helen Stoner, is fearful for her life, because her sister, Miss Julia Stoner died in the usual circumstances such as she died two weeks before her wedding. She died in her room, and before she died, she would regularly hear low whistling and low metallic clanging noises at around three in the morning.... [tags: Speckled Band Twisted Lip Compare Essays]
3803 words (10.9 pages)
- Comparing Villains and Victims from The Speckled Band, Twisted Lip and The Cardboard Box The three villains which I am going to compare / contrast are Dr Roylott from The Speckled Band, Mr Neville St Claire from The Man With The Twisted Lip and Sarah Cushing from The Cardboard Box. The three victims I am going to compare / contrast are Helen Stoner from The Speckled Band, Mrs St Claire from The Man With The Twisted Lip and Susan Cushing from The Cardboard box. Dr Roylott is a stereotype villain.... [tags: Speckled Twisted Cardboard Essays]
1805 words (5.2 pages)
- The Home Changes With Time Way up in the mountains, above the reaches of the hustle and bustle of the industrialized world, stands a large wooden house with loose shingles hanging off the roof, and the paint is chipping from years of wind and snow. The house was constructed on the slope of the mountain, and a long flight of stairs must be climbed to reach the first floor. The deck extends from the house on three sides, on both the first and second floors. It is a grand old house. Watching my step carefully, I climbed up the long flight of stairs to the first floor.... [tags: descriptive essay, observation essay]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- One Lonely Night Her eyes glistened with tears as her lips trembled. The face of a woman, so powerful and with undeniable strength, had become weak in the sight of what lay before her. The man she loved. The man she cherished. What made her cry. For love had to be the strongest of all emotions to induce even the smallest of tears The time was 7:30 on a Monday morning. The smell of gasoline lingered in the air long enough for anyone to notice. Sunlight filtered through the brush. The cry of an animal in the distance startled some doves in the clearing, and they took off in marvellous flight.... [tags: Descriptive Short Story]
1955 words (5.6 pages)