The thing about me and my life is that from the first memory I can recall clearly I always remember my step dad being there in my life which is why I made the connection that he must be my real dad. Not like I had a reason to not think that other than the blatant favoritism he showed for my brother but I just saw that as normale seeing how the only one that showed me this was my grandfather ray but he isn 't part of the story. With my younger life always feeling a blatant favoritism I thought it must just be something I did so I grew up thinking I was always doing something wrong every time my brother got a gift and I did not. The reason this ties into the story is when I found out that my step father was not my real father I felt a huge relief at first but after about a second of the relief I realized what was said about the unappealing man before me. To be ...
... middle of paper ...
...the corner I chose to wait till the day before christmas as the day to stop going which was the start of the call you have read already from the beginning and to be honest my life has slowly getting better and better as time goes on.
After learning about all the stuff my father put me and my mother throw with leaving her at my birth and never paying child support and to this day not paying until it lands him in jail time for a day or two. I am glad that my life is this way now yet I do wish I had a form of father figure but its not all bad at least I do have a mother and a family not everyone has that. Even so when I stopped seeing my father at first I lost nearly all of my self confidence of any form or shape and how I saw the world in every way. But with all of the information I do have about my father now, I know that if I have children I will be a better father.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cold winters, hot summers, pokey gravel, darkness, inconvenient tools and deterioration of the old hotrods. All of this came to an abrupt hault when a father and son's dream became a reality. A place of our own to operate without distractions. A place to bring our thoughts together and mechanically reconstruct cars and repair them within our own limits. This place that my dad and I started building would be known as "The Shop" or a.k.a. "Hopshop." This shop is the last project that my dad started and I was going to finish it.... [tags: Descriptive Writing Examples]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- The Horse Farm I am jarred out of a relaxing sleep by a voice yelling my name in a loud whisper, and a light burning through my eyelids. Groggily, I open my eyes to see my father standing in the doorway to my messy room. He tells me that I need to get going, that it is 3:00 a.m., and I'm burning daylight. I find my clothes and get dressed. The whole time I wonder why I get up this early to visit the rugged outdoors. I want to go back to bed, but I know my dad will be back in to make sure I am getting ready, in a little bit.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- Our Mountain Cabin The ruckus from the bottom of the truck is unbearable, because of the noise and excessive shaking. As we slowly climbed the mountain road to reach our lovely cabin, it seemed almost impossible to reach the top, but every time we reached it safely. The rocks and deep potholes shook the truck and the people in it, like a paint mixer. Every window in the truck was rolled down so we could have some leverage to hold on and not loose our grip we needed so greatly. The fresh clean mountain air entered the truck; it smelt as if we were lost: nowhere close to home.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- It is years later and I can still remember my first visit to Lou's Cafe. Stopping in to see if anyone could tell us where to locate the turn we had missed, my dad and I received a large dose of culture shock. It seemed as if we had opened the door to a place where time stood still. Miss Lou Dixon owns and runs that restaurant in the middle of Small Town, USA. Miss Lou has been in business at that location since 1954. Even though the place looks a little squalid, it is not for lack of care; in fact, Lou is proud of how clean she keeps her place.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Example]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- The Good Old Truck My dad bought his red Dodge Dakota truck in 1995. When he got the truck it had already hit a deer and two cows. Since he has owned it, its value has gone down considerably, even though he has spent more money fixing it than he paid for it. If it was worth as much money as it has cost to keep it running we could sell it and buy a new car. It is red with a stripe down one side-- yes, only one side, the other side has no stripe, I have no idea why this is. There is also a huge dent above the right hind wheel that occurred when a horse tried to jump in the back of the truck.... [tags: Descriptive Writing Examples]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Instead of using it as a crutch, it was now a motivation to become better, through hard work and persistence. The first day of team practice, as I met the other kids, I had the deflating sensation of being a dwarf among giants. I could toss a baseball, but they could throw. My head became dizzy from attempting to track the path of the ball as they hurled, with tremendous force and pinpoint accuracy of an elite rifle sharpshooter from base to base, albeit with seemingly little effort. With each fast strike they threw at me, my whole hand seemed to quake from the impact, and my glove became a shield to stop the onslaught of their unforgiving power.... [tags: Baseball, Major League Baseball]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- If you 've been to Ceetown, Arkansas then you 've heard of me. Let me just say I 'm that nigga here. I 'm not cocky but I 'm just stating facts. I 'm Harlem LaQuan Kingston, Jr, but I 've been the King for 8 years now ever since some disloyal greedy motherfucker took my daddy 's life because they wanted to be on top. Every time my dad 's best friend and my Godfather crosses my mind I wanna kill him all over again. I thought this man had our backs and would never cross my pops. He had no reason to my dad made sure everyone on his team ate and their family 's where well taken care of.... [tags: Debut albums, Mother]
2918 words (8.3 pages)
- Essay #2 It was a cool October afternoon. October 27, 2013 to be exact. I was standing outside with my dad by the fire. While standing there I got a gut feeling I should go out to the woods and go hunting. “Dad do you mind if I go out to the woods and sit for a little while?” “No, go ask your mother. If she says yes go ahead and go get ready.” “Yes sir, will you be able to leave the fire so that you can take me out there?” “Yes, go ask your mother.” When I got in the house my mom was sitting in her tan leather recliner.... [tags: Mother, Mother insult, The dozens]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- ... My great grandma Ditlevson always has and always will hold a special place in our hearts, this loose came to us as a surprise even though it shouldn’t have. She was 102 years old, she had lived a long and great life, and four days before she passed away she was put on hospice care. Most of us got to say goodbye to her, the day she passed away my dad and I went to the nursing home to see her. I wanted to be with her by myself, but my dad stayed in the room with me because he thought it would be harder for me to be alone, but really I knew he didn’t want to be alone.... [tags: English-language films, Family, Mother]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Saturday’s finally here which is good because no can me and even if they did they wouldn’t care they beat me up anyway. As I walk down the stairs I hear Spongebob on T.V, which means Max, is up. “Hey max do you want to go to the park today?” I asked “Sure haven’t been in a while. But what about your arm it looks broken, can you move it?” He asked worrying. “Max its fine we can go to the park I just cant move it or it will im going up stairs to get in the shower I’ll be back.” I say as I turn to walk back up the stair I go in my room to get my favorite shower gel ‘Winter Candy Apple’ then I go to the bathroom and turn on the water.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, Debut albums]
1711 words (4.9 pages)