The physical security field can be broken down into two very general but separate areas: types of security and security components. The Types of Security outlines different areas or sectors where why and how security is conducted differ. Security components break down Physical Security even further, speaking to the more intricate areas of any Security type or team.
TYPES OF SECURITY
Security is as diverse as the people who manage these teams or the organizations who hire them. The Types of Security can be classified into a large amount, and this report captures the most prevalent of the bunch. Loss prevention is one of the most common Types of Security, present at larger department stores and shopping centers. Executive protection is conducted very often by the other Types of Securities in the scope of their work. There is hospital security, event security, corporate security, and school security.
Loss prevention is security conducted usually in a retail store setting. The members of this team are usually known as Loss Prevention Officers (LPO’s). The security team is tasked with assisting in the applicable portions in the reduction of, “shrink, comprised of shoplifting, employee and supplier fraud, and administrative errors (Ritchey, ‘Tis the Season, 10).” LPO’s must deter, locate, and capture both internal and external shoplifters. They provide education to cashiers to prevent fraud, such as identity theft and credit card fraud. Employee theft and shoplifting account for 81% of retail shrink in the U.S. (Ritchey, ‘Tis the Season, 10). Target is known for having one of the best loss prevention teams in the US.
Executive Protection (EP) is the protectio...
... middle of paper ...
... not a foreseeable issue because it seemed that there was a wealth of information post 9/11 for the Security Field. Trying to navigate the Lehman Library for resources with this topic was done with great difficulty. The word security itself is tied to so many topics that unrelated sources flooded my results.
This field can be a very rewarding one. Assisting others and protecting them from harm is a great reason to go to work. In management, they emphasize having employees focus on their purpose over task. In the Security field, finding, focusing, and living your purpose is not a difficult task. Finding employment in the Security field is not hard, but finding a good job and/or career in the field is more laborious. There are different levels of security organizations out there and just like any other work; an individual must be careful where they choose to work at.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- JUDICIOUS SECURITY SERVICES Man Power Services- With our trained security personals that are individually tailored to meet the needs of the clients we offer a wide workforce for the security mechanism. At Judicious Security Services, we remain at the forefront of the security innovations and developments. The companies undertaking our services will get trained manpower security guards that are given different trainings before the execution of their responsibilities. These Trainings includes • Crowd management.... [tags: Security guard, Security, Business, Guard]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction The medical field is expanding ever so rapidly in today’s society. In the field of Physical Therapy one needs to have the understanding of how the human body works and the injuries one body could sustain. I have chosen a career to help others to battle back from life-changing injuries or surgeries. I will take the first step of joining the medical field by obtaining a physical therapist associates degree. I will become a Physical Therapist Assistant. Career Description Physical Therapy Assistants work under the direction of a Physical Therapist.... [tags: Medical Field]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- ... It is up to the organization to determine what levels of access or levels of restriction should be in place on employees and contractors post-hire. These levels should be identified prior to the hiring process to drive how thorough the candidate screening should be. The amount of background checks and reference checks for a waiter at a restaurant may not be as thorough as those of a candidate for a network engineering role in the restaurant’s corporate headquarters IT department. Once a position’s scope of work and access has been determined, the job must be posted to receive responses from interested candidates.... [tags: organization's human resource department]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- My current position as Area Commander for the Federal Protective Service (FPS) is not without its challenges. I am responsible for the supervision of eleven federal law enforcement officers to include two K9 units and approximately forty-five contracted protective security officers. As a team, we address security related issues on a daily basis. Our position description encompasses two major disciplines, federal law enforcement and physical security. Both occupations can be viewed as one, yet separate in their ever-changing complexity of development.... [tags: Security, Security guard, Police]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- My current position as an Area Commander for the Federal Protective Service (FPS) is not without its challenges. I am responsible for supervising eleven federal law enforcement officers to include two K9 units and approximately forty-five contracted protective security officers. As a team we address security related issues on a daily basis. Our position description encompasses two major disciplines; the first is federal law enforcement and the second physical security. Both occupations can be viewed as one, yet separate in their ever changing complexity of development.... [tags: Security, Security guard, Police]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- The world we live in is overflowing with choices and chances. Every day, each and every human must make thousands of decisions. Some decisions may be rather simple to make, or not present a high chance for an unfavorable outcome. While one may decide the apple they picked up from the store is not very sweet, the cost lost on the apple is rather minimal and the consumer will most likely be presented with many more opportunities to pick a delicious apple. However, some choices are much more complicated.... [tags: Job Description]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- Security in any company is vital for it to success. Whether that is physical or technical security, each plays a part in ensuring important data is in the wrong hands. Key physical security may also be needed when dealing with critical physical environment issues. These measures can help prepare a company looking to protect their computing facilities from natural and man-made events. Whitman (2015) describes physical security as the protection of physical items, objects, or areas from unauthorized access.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Physical security]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction Forensics investigations that require the analyzation and processing of digital evidence can be influenced both positively and negatively by a number of outside sources. In this paper, we will explore how physical security plays a role in forensics investigations activities. We will start by examining how physical and environmental security might impact the forensics investigation process. Next, we will discuss the role that physical and logical security zones play in supporting effective forensics activities.... [tags: Security, Physical security, Computer security]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- To: Incoming Computer Science Students From: Christopher Beberness Subject: Vulnerability Assessment Analysis Date: October 8, 2016 Purpose The vulnerability assessment is used in the cyber security field of the computer science. The purpose of this report template is to effectively convey information conducted from a penetration test on a company’s network. Background The vulnerability assessment report is comprised of any exploit or possible weaknesses found in a company’s network while conducting a penetration test as well as a level of risk and how it can be addressed .... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Security]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Physical Security Physical security could be thought of as a very important piece of security. Just because you apply many different policies to have a lockdown on the software environment, it doesn’t mean that people are not able to just go in and inflict damage upon your network. Physical security is the measures to prevent or deter attackers from trying to gain access into the facility. With FTD Enterprises they have none to barely any physical security in place. The most security that they have is a locked door, which is also seen to be open during the night.... [tags: Security]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- The Second Amendment And The Right Of Personal Gun Use And Ownership
- Why Humans Are Poor At Discriminating Apart Deceptive And Truthful Statements
- The Is The Holy ( The Pious ) Loved By The Gods?
- Improving The Success Of A Healthcare Administrator
- Who Was The Most Important People?
- Is Globalization Positive And Develop The World?