a. Company history
Coca Cola has been started as a great icon in the US by Dr. John S. Pemberton back in the 1880’s. Pemberton created a unique flavored soda that was sold to “old fashioned pharmacies”. The Coca Cola name and trademark was designed by Dr. John Pembertons partner and also book keeper Frank Robinson.
From 1886 to 1899 Coca Cola went from a startup to a wide success. Starting with portable beverages led Coca Cola to begin bottling their beverage in many different states. Three entrepreneurs, Joseph Whitehead, Benjamin Thomas and John Lupton purchased the bottling rights, which then became Coca Cola’s worldwide bottling system.
As a soft drink that has branded such substantial popularity over one hundred and thirty years shows how innovative, sustainable and worldly they have come.
b. Mission of the company
Coca Cola’s mission statement is “To refresh the world in mind, body and spirit… to inspire moments of optimism and happiness through our brands and actions… and to create value and make a difference” (Staff, 2016).
c. The size and scope of the firm
Coca Cola currently has an average of 120,000 thousand full time employees worldwide. The Coca Cola Hub is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The employees helped produce Coca Cola’s popular American drink, bringing in over $1.5 billion in net sales in the first quarter in 2016. The Demographic profile of Coca Cola’s customers is so diversified, because of the multiple products they offer to the variety of markets. Coca Cola strategically analysis there products to target and mass market for the right customers, areas and preferences. This creates wants and needs to help brand new products and unpopular products.
d. The firms culture and phi...
... middle of paper ...
Coca-Cola has always been unique about their carbonated beverage, however with the health trend going on; it needs to position itself in a different way in the consumer’s minds. The company should position itself as a healthier beverage industry by promoting its healthier products such as their Dasani water bottles, Minute Maid juices, Simply Orange juices, Vitamin Waters and Fuze tea drinks.
Coca-Cola should also consider entering new segments, which Pepsi is currently doing right now. Pepsi has entered the snacks segment and is generating more than half of its sales revenue from that. I think that Coca-Cola should enter a healthier style snack segment rather than Doritos and Lays. With that being said, it should enter snack segments including things such as nutrition bars. Nutrition bars are a great high protein snack, with healthier ingredients.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Fairlife Milk Since when does sexy conduct healthier and better milk. The two print ads that I am introducing to you is a milk from the Coca-Cola Company. The milk is called Fairlife and comes in different flavors: 2% reduced fat, 2% chocolate, fat free, and whole. Their tag line is “Believe in a better milk”. Fairlife milk advertises a woman bending forward, with her hands on her hips, and is showing a lot of skin of the chest and the high thigh areas, kind of like a Pin-up girl. The woman in the ad is wearing a dress made of milk, high heels and is expressing a shocked look on her face with her mouth open and wide eyes.... [tags: Advertising, Coca-Cola, Milk, Woman]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Coca-Cola had emerged from a period of turmoil in 2005, sales were falling and there was limited synergy across international marketing efforts for the brand, which lead to inefficient usage of their resources and media budget. To correct this, a new leadership team was instilled with a renewed focus on strategized global marketing efforts and content creation. Specifically, a new team would be created out of the corporate headquarters in Atlanta to create synergy between the global and local positioning of the Coke brand by creating and locating content marketing campaigns that had potential global appeal.... [tags: Advertising, Coca-Cola, Carbonation, Marketing]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Industry General Description The Coca-Cola Company - American multinational corporation operates in a nonalcoholic segment of Beverage Industry. The history of the industry goes back to the 17th century, when the first marketed soft drink came to the Western Market. The Beverage Industry product portfolio consists of soft drinks, carbonated beverages, and alcoholic beverages. Kinds of drinks in a non-alcoholic segment varies a lot and includes such beverages as tea, coffee, juices, carbonated drinks, water.... [tags: soft drinks, carbonated beverages]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Since the early days of our nation’s history, carbonated soft drinks have employed a distinct place in the hearts and palates of the American consumer. Coca-Cola is the most popular and biggest-selling soft drink in history, as well as one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Created in 1886 in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage at Jacob 's Pharmacy by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water (Product Description Coca-Cola).... [tags: Soft drink, Coca-Cola, Carbonated water]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- COMMON STOCKS Personal Finance Stock Chosen: The Coca Cola Company Stock Symbol: KO Last Trade Price: $43.02 1. Chart: The Basic Chart page includes information pertaining to the past 52 weeks, splits, basic stock information and the option to compare the stock with other stocks. It basically shows the "now" and "then" information of the stock. There is also a technical analysis hotlink that allows a person to see different aspects of the stock including moving average, range from one day to the day the company came to the market and volume.... [tags: Business Finance]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION ON Cola drink Cola drink is a carbonated drink sold in stores, restaurants, and vending machines throughout the state. It is produced by The Cola drink Company of Christchurch and Ashburton and is often referred to simply as Canterbury drink. The company produces concentrate, which is then sold to licensed Cola drink bottlers throughout the state. The bottlers, who hold territorially exclusive contracts with the company, produce finished product in cans and bottles from the concentrate in combination with filtered water and sweeteners.... [tags: Coca-Cola, Marketing, Customer, Cola]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Pepsi is a carbonated soft drink that is produced and manufactured by PepsiCo. Created and developed in 1893 and introduced as Brad 's Drink, it was renamed as Pepsi-Cola on August 28, 1898, then to Pepsi in 1961, and in select areas of North America, "Pepsi-Cola Made with Real Sugar" as of 2014. Bradham sought to create a fountain drink that was appealing and would aid in digestion and boost energy. In 1903, Bradham moved the bottling of Pepsi-Cola from his drugstore to a rented warehouse. That year, Bradham sold 7,968 gallons of syrup.... [tags: Pepsi, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Diet Pepsi]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Analysis of the Coca-Cola Company The Coca-Cola Company is the world's leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of soft-drink concentrates and syrups. The Coca-Cola Company is the world's leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of soft-drink concentrates and syrups. The Company markets many of the world's top soft drink brands, including Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite and Fanta. Through the world's largest and most pervasive distribution system, consumers in nearly 200 countries enjoy the Company's products at a rate of more than one billion serving a day.... [tags: Business Management Soft Drinks Essays]
2330 words (6.7 pages)
- “Things go better with Coke, whether this description is accurate or not, it is clear that media text may be regarded as representations of reality” . Without consciously noticing, we are constantly bombarded with various media artifacts aiming to promote a particular product, behavior, or service on a daily basis. A campaign promoting Diet Coke carrying the theme “you’re on” featuring Taylor Swift was released in 2014 by the Coca-Cola company. The ad, which was made accessible throughout social media websites (e.g.... [tags: Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company, Advertising]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- The Coca-Cola Company is one of the biggest beverage companies in Atlanta, United States and was started in 1886 by John Pemberton. It is primarily involved in the manufacture and distribution of sparkling and still beverages such as packaged water and juice. It was later purchased by Asa Candler who saw the company open its operations in Cuba, Canada and Panama. The first Coca-Cola product was Fanta orange whose encouraging sales encouraged the company to buy the Minute Maid Corporation as the first juice product.... [tags: Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- College Is More Than Being A High School Student
- Crime Is An Intentional Act
- Annotated Bibliography On Health And Local Opportunities For Tobacco Use Reduction
- Wireless Communication Systems And Wireless Networks
- Intimate Relationship Of Intimate Partner Violence
- The Accuracy And Reliability Of Criminal Statistics