Karen Solazzo is a local small business owner. He founded the company Gatehouse Properties Inc. and their goal is providing high quality property management services with integrity, professionalism and respect for their clients. The company owns 7 houses around Conestoga College (Doon campus - Kitchener) and they rent out the rooms for national and international students. Currently, there are more than 45 tenants and every year this number tends to grows because the company is always reinvesting in their business.
1. How long have they been in business?
It has been officially since January 1st, 2014.
2. What does he or she feel are the advantages and disadvantages of small business ownership?
Actually, being an entrepreneur has a lot of advantages, like: you can do what make you happy, you have flexibility and work your own hours, then you can have more time for your personal life. Moreover, you can create the culture of your organization, create personal connections and meeting people from all over the world. Is important to mention that is very important delegate tasks for your team, otherwise it can be very hard to manager your business. Another important advantage is when you create a favourable environment to work, is easier to get more creative. You have more flexibility to find solutions and think outside the box. Finally, when your business grows you have a job stability, which is very hard to think when you are an employee.
Of course that being an entrepreneur there are some risk and disadvantages. There are financial risks because, if your tenants don’t pay you, for sure you will have difficulties in your cash flow. Other important point is you are totally responsible for all liabilities a...
... middle of paper ...
... must continue to always see the positive aspects of every thing you are face with and towards people. Do not neglect your family and friends… what is the point of success if you have no one to share it with. A solid foundation at home sets you up for strong and solid results. A huge amount of joy can be found in cultivating beautiful relationships with your family and friends.
Also is important to have a certificate accountant to support you with the taxes.
4. Identify his or her entrepreneurial characteristics, traits and skills. Back up your findings with an explanation.
5. In their opinion, what does the future of small business in Canada look like?
I feel that it is extremely exciting with the Internet exposure, the amount of job innovation and creation. The economy changes and lifestyles have evolved, therefore the demands are greater, more than ever before.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Karen Solazzo is a local small business owner. He founded the company Gatehouse Properties Inc. and their goal is providing high quality property management services with integrity, professionalism and respect for their clients. The company owns 7 houses around Conestoga College (Doon campus - Kitchener) and they rent out the rooms for national and international students. Currently, there are more than 45 tenants and every year this number tends to grows because the company is always reinvesting in their business.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Business, Entrepreneur]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- Experts in the field of economics have conducted studies on the impact of Walmart and the small business owner. Some of these studies support the claims that Walmart stores do contribute to the closing of some mom and pop stores, however, there are studies that support claims of increased sales when a Walmart opens in an area. Plans are to report on these claims with an unbiased opinion. There are many opinions of this retail giant opening in your area. A majority of people interviewed welcomed Walmart.... [tags: Small business, Business, Grocery store, Wal-Mart]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- As a small business owner you 're likely the one that makes all major decisions about your organization. You 've carefully vetted employees to make sure they share your company vision and invested your financial resources wisely to make sure you have an awesome website with engaging content that resonates with your target audience. Perhaps you 've even studied the new Google search ranking algorithm to make sure your business is always near the top spot on first page results with local-specific and organic search queries.... [tags: Management, Small business, Risk, Business]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Marketing Research Methods A small business owner has undoubtedly done countless hours of research and put forth great effort in starting up and maintaining their company. Unfortunately, these same business owners may not have focused enough energy towards researching the market and target segments to assure that there is an actual preexisting need and desire for the offering. This paper will compare and contrast three marketing research methods that can be used by small businesses to better understand the sales potential of their marketplace.... [tags: Marketing, Small business, Marketing research]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- There comes a time in a business owner’s career where they will be faced with the decision of whether to expand or to focus on other goals. Goals that focus on creating a healthy work environment, providing great customer service, and giving back to the community. There are a number of small business owners that have decided not to expand and have ultimately created small sustainable companies that are thriving in today’s market. Bo Burlingham discusses the principles of a “Small Giant” and the “mojo” that these small businesses posses in his book Small Giants.... [tags: Small business, Business, Customer service]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- As a small business owner, one of the challenges you have is how to finance your expansion. Sales start to pick up, and you find yourself in need of more equipment or simply the need to expand your payroll in order to process an increase in orders. There are many situations that can exist, and your situation will depend upon the particular industry you are operating in. There are several possibilities available to get the money you need, but some ways are better than others. An unsecured loan this type of loan may sound good because there is no collateral required, but they are very expensive.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Credit card, Personal finance]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Problem Statement In the United States, there are over 18,000 companies with revenues of $35 billion combined. Most of this revenue is from companies that have over 60 accounting firms. The profitability of these firms depends on the market (First Research, 2014). In reviewing the literature on Small business owners, I would say that the business strategies are different in large companies than small business owners. Specifically, financial planners are trained to provide planning services. The training is rigorous and focused on technical expertise but does not include marketing techniques or business operations.... [tags: Small business, Business, Management]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- In the United States, small businesses play a vital role in building the economy. Today, there are over 28 million small businesses in America. What exactly is considered to be a small business. Initially, the Small Business Administration (SBA) deemed any manufacturer with 250 employees or less to be a small business, but today it considers companies with fewer than 500 employees to be small. Today’s marketplace is an excellent opportunity for the budding entrepreneur. Today’s small business owner has a wealth of opportunities to help him/her gain economic success in today’s marketplace.... [tags: Business, Small business, Management]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- The Small Business Administration is one of the first resources that come to mind for many small business owners looking for guidance or help. And for good reason, since the promise of government-backed loans and free advice sounds like a pretty good deal. Having run multiple startups and grown them to become multi-million dollar entities, however, I can tell you that the guidance provided by the SBA just barely scratches the surface of what business owners and entrepreneurs need to know to be successful.... [tags: Business, Small business, Entrepreneurship]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- Executives used to imagine their companies as the center of a solar system orbited by suppliers and customers. The Internet is changing that dramatically. Now the customer is becoming the center of the entire business universe. E-commerce relates to that part of e-business that includes transactions that involve money. The larger concept of e-business, however, goes well beyond buying and selling items on the Internet. E-business is about using information, technology, and resources to conduct business online.... [tags: Business Internet Argumentative Essays]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Superiority Sparks Reform During The Civil War
- The Dystopian Novels ' Predator Cities By Phillip Reeve
- How Transhumanism Is A Philosophy Based On The Technological Change As Represented By Gnr And Artificial Intelligence
- High School Is An Essential Time Of A Person 's Life
- Racism And The Criminal Justice System
- Technical High School Education Program