The cost for the long sleeve shirts are $40.00. The sun hats can be bought from $30.00 to $50.00. They sometimes have sales going throughout the year.
Sunblock. Any “UV 30 SPF” brand will protect your skin. Make sure it is 30 SPF or higher. The brands I use are Banana Boat and Coppertone since they offer excellent sun protection. Remember, if you are outside all day, don’t take chances with your skin. Walmart’s Equate, Walgreens and CVS generic brands are good too. There are plenty of other recommendations such as Coppertone and Neutrogena. They will cost you around $10.00.
Sunglasses. Walgreens and Walmart have sport sunglasses with 100 UV protection. I have been getting my sport shades at Walgreens for years. You can get a decent pair of Foster Grant sunglasses for $10.00.
Footwear. I like Asics and Nike trail running shoes. I am brand conscious when it ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One wonderful ability that people have always been able to do is walk thousands of miles through tough terrain to get where they want/need to go. The exercise known as hiking was practiced all over the world, including the famous Appalachian Trail, approximately 2,184 miles long. The A.T. was “Conceived in 1921, built by private citizens, and completed in 1937, today the trail is managed by the National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service, Appalachian Trail Conservancy, numerous state agencies and thousands of volunteers”, as stated on the National Park Services website.... [tags: exercise known as hiking]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- A great hike starts with the right gear. The most gorgeous landscape will not make up for a cold body, wet feet or an empty stomach. But with a little extra planning and a few pieces of reliable gear, nearly any hike can be made much more enjoyable. The first step is to familiarize yourself with basic hiking gear and skills. Start small with short day hikes to get used to carrying some gear and break in your hiking boots. Work your way up to all day hikes. Take a class or join a social hiking club.... [tags: Hiking, Backpacking, Hiking equipment, Trail]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Hikers will sometimes get lost on a trail past sunset, which means bringing a flashlight is essential to finding your way to the trailhead. We take light for granted because we are used to lights assisting on dark streets, roads, and highway. Yet, when you are deep in a forest and its nightfall, the only gentle light source you may have is a full moon. However full moons are not seen every night. It is important to see the smaller details of your trail, your map or to see what's lurking in the bushes.... [tags: hikers, hiking, first aid kit, gorp]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- In sports today, big hits and fighting seems to be a source of worship for most spectators. From events like boxing to football, most people only focus on the protective side of the issue when it comes to injuries, but fail to look at the big picture. Therefore, the lack of protection in sports is not the cause of injuries in athletes; instead useless protective gear and the athlete’s behavior are the causes of injuries to a player. Protective gear provides no safeguard against injuries. Many organizations preach “protection for athletes,” but they orate fiction.... [tags: injury, athlete, protective gear]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- In many schools across the nation, adventure education and outdoor sports are very important. These different types of curriculum provide benefits that many other curriculum does not provide, as well as a basic knowledge for outdoor activities and living. Not only will outdoor sports and adventure education get kids moving but it will also help kids become more aware of the world around them and can learn activities that are used on a daily basis outside. With the many different types of these activities, there are hundreds of different things that can be done in a physical education classroom.... [tags: curriculum, physical education, hiking]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Benjamin Franklin once said, "by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." As a sports bettor, this is one cliché I'm particularly accustomed to. Why. It's simple – I appreciate the veracity. Imagine this scenario: you have taken a plane to Las Vegas, Nevada. Looking down from your window seat as you are about to land, you can see the Venetian, Caesars Palace, and other famous casinos you are hoping to visit during your trip. From the airport, you call a taxi and begin to drive towards your destination.... [tags: Sports]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- The definition of experienced may take many forms. To one, it might be having many years under one’s belt. To another, it could be hiking many peaks in a short amount of time, increasing hours spent on the trails, but not longevity in the activity. An experienced hiker constitutes both of these, both longevity and peaks covered. In any activity, repetition means experience and practice, and hiking is no different. To hike, one must follow an almost religious regiment, keeping calorie intake in the 3000’s, and fitness at optimum level.... [tags: hydration, hyponatremia]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- ... I keep telling myself that I will buy new ones when my feet end up damp and cold after one of our hikes. Moving swiftly, I squeezed Baloo's feet into his canary yellow and black colored snow shoes and scoured the Velcro at the top to insure a snug fit. Opening the door led him to leap from his seat and instantly go into a barrel roll, scooting and contorting his body in a way that reminded me of a feline playing with a cat nip toy. Icy flakes of snow now covered each of the short gray hairs across his body.... [tags: landscape, beauty and fun]
714 words (2 pages)
- Bicycle riding and other forms of non automotive transportation have drastically diminished since the mass abundance of affordable cars and other automobiles. In today’s day and age, more and more people are using cars to get to places due to its convenience and affordability. Recently however, a phenomenon has occurred resulting in a drastic increase in the popularity of fixed gear bicycling. Fixed gear bicycles or “fixies” are bicycles that have no free wheel (meaning that they cannot coast or ride without pedaling and that the pedals are always moving when the wheels are in motion).... [tags: Health ]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
- Sports Journalism “Da na na Da na na”. Every sports fanatic knows what that famous tone means. It means that it is time for Sports Center, one of the most watched television programs in America. There are many expert journalists such as Bob Ryan and Buster Olney that make appearances on the show. They cover sports from different parts of the country. There is much more to sports journalism than what most people believe. For example, the first actual account of sports journalism dates back to 850 B.C.E when Homer recorded what seemed to be the first ever wrestling match (New World Encyclopedia).... [tags: sports journalist, Golden Age, technology, sports]
1423 words (4.1 pages)