Now you are no longer strangers to God and foreigners to heaven, but you are members of God’s very own family, citizens of God’s country, and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.
Ephesians 2:19 (TLB)
Glory to God, it is through written confirmation Apostle Paul affirms reconciliation of Jews and Gentiles to God and one another, by God’s grace (Ephesians 2). In Ephesians “Paul reminds his Gentile readers that before their conversation they were dead, depraved, diabolical, and disobedient. They were spiritually dead as a result of their trespasses and sins.” As new creatures in Christ, we are commanded to communicate spiritual truth to the world. Jesus states, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matt. 18-28 [NASB]).
Communication is a powerful element that humans possess and can be complex to some and simple to others. Communication is a vehicle used to connect one party to another. John C. Maxwell said it best, he states “I am convinced more than ever that good communication and leadership are all about connecting. He goes on the say, “Everyone Communicates, Few Connect” To improve your communication skills, you must communicate.
This paper will discuss my personal philosophy of communication. This paper will discuss my personal experience and perception of the speaker 's effectiveness, presentation and delivery during a preaching setting. As well as the principles and practices applied when teachin...
... middle of paper ...
...at love becomes an individual’s nature and character.
E. Interpersonal communication involves more than clear communication. At its core is relationship building. The first interpersonal relationship in Scripture is between the Creator and Adam (Genesis 1, NIV).
As effective leaders for God, we must show the love of Christ in our daily walk, by living a life that imitates that of Christ. Connecting one with another. “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35, NIV).
According to John C. Maxwell, “Connecting is the ability to identify with people and relate to them in a way that increases your influence with them. He goes on to say, Connecting is never about me. It’s about the person with whom I’m communicating.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Voice recognition and how we present ourselves is one of the main elements in communication not just for nurses but for everyday conversations. Right from the beginning from when we are born communication is an instinctive part of our being and in any relationship to keep it healthy. Communication is a vital component in which we use every day to convey messages, a process of exchanging ideas and a way to express our feelings. Communication tools can come in different forms, however knowing them and demonstrating them are two different things.... [tags: Nonverbal communication, Communication, Emotion]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- This paper defined Emotional Quotient (EQ) and Emotional Intelligence (EI) and differentiated between the two terms often used interchangeably in papers to be synonymous for emotional intelligence. Businesses benefited greatly when employees utilized soft skills such as emotional intelligence, displayed a positive disposition and were able to work in healthier, more productive work environments. These competences were developed through self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and social-relationship management.... [tags: emotions, EQ, health, awareness, communication]
2134 words (6.1 pages)
- According to Cox & Blake (1991), developing an organizational culture that values cultural diversity in the workplace is one of the spheres of activity in the management of cultural diversity (p.46). As part of a valuing diversity approach, organizational leaders should ensure that the organization is flexible enough to accommodate employees from different cultural backgrounds. The process of developing an organizational culture that values cultural diversity includes valuing cultural differences, promoting cultural inclusion, and treating cultural differences as prevailing value systems.... [tags: Cross-cultural communication, Culture, Management]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- An effective counselor is not only well-educated, knowledgeable, and well-trained, but also possesses the skills and attitudes that will help him or her to perform work duties well, get along with colleagues, and fit into the company’s (agency’s) culture. Employers want to hire people that are capable of developing and maintaining good work relationship with the patients, who are open-minded, warm, and non-judgmental attitude towards people seeking help. Non-judgmental attitude does not mean approving unacceptable behaviors; neither does it imply condoning inappropriate behavior.... [tags: Employment, Psychology, Skills, Communication]
710 words (2 pages)
- Chapter 12: Leadership, Developing and Leading High-Performing Teams Why is leadership important. Tried and true processes supporting traditional waterfall project management have been around for many years, and in many cases are not well suited to adapt to today’s fast paced global environment. Organizations are finding that traditional Project Management involving unyielding discipline and methodical execution of traditionally defined sequential project phases are not yielding business value or levels of customer satisfaction previously experienced.... [tags: Project management, Management, Problem solving]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Critique on Leadership: A Communication Perspective Summary “Effective leadership is the product of the creation and delivery of inspiring and compelling messages.” (Hackman & Johnson, 2009, p. 336). This book is a comprehensive review of historical insights, current theories and recent research on leadership theories and leadership issues, with an emphasis upon how effective leaders communicate. Leadership: A Communication Perspective is based on the current and somewhat American idea that leadership can be learned and anyone can be a leader.... [tags: Literature Review ]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- “Communication- the human connection- is the key to personal and career success” (Paul J. Meyer). Communication is an essential skill that helps us to exchange information and connect to the rest of the world. Written communication is one form of communication that involve the use of written words. In the world that technology is improving, the use of computers and internet connection make the means of transmitting information through writing, which needs proficient writing skills. ENGL 101 is the first level English course that is given at Montgomery college to give an introduction to college writing.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Word, Paper]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Literacy consists of a range of ways to understand and decode symbols for communication in a community (Barratt-Pugh & Rohl, 2000, p. 25). Emergent literacy is a term used to describe how young children interact with books, reading and writing (What is Emergent Literacy, 2006, p.1). Emerging literacy is an ongoing process and to ensure this process is successful children need to be stimulated through active engagement with books and writing opportunities. Children start to learn about and experience reading and writing in infancy, particularly when they start familiarising themselves with print media.... [tags: Early childhood education, elementary education]
1927 words (5.5 pages)
- Developing your business communication skill: business oral communication skills including interpersonal and conversational skill. Therefore, my goals is Current Goal: By the end of my co-operative education placement I will develop my business oral communication skill within interpersonal and conversational skill aspects with my stakeholders. Revised Goal: By the end of my co-operative education placement I will develop my business oral communication skill by improving my interpersonal and conversational skill aspects with my stakeholders.... [tags: Communication, Nonverbal communication]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- I chose to do my research paper on Intimacy and Distance in Relational Communication because I wanted to learn how communication is used when you are in an intimate relationship. The question I ask is “How does communication affect being in an intimate relationship?”. In the book it states that “People who report having satisfying intimate relationships have higher self-esteem, a stronger sense of identity, and greater feelings of control over their lives than those without close relationships.” (Looking Out, Looking In, Pg.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Intimate relationship]
1940 words (5.5 pages)