A very important point before choosing the job is what type of work you will be doing such as what type of work you will be doing and what kind of places are you gonna be allowed to work in and where you will be working. Kramer, Mary Hope. says in “Large Animal Veterinarian” that“The usual routine for a large animal vet includes conducting health exams, giving vaccinations, drawing blood, prescribing any necessary medications, cleaning and suturing wounds, and performing surgeries. Other duties may include monitoring the reproductive health of breeding stock, performing artificial inseminations, assisting with problem births, conducting pre-purchase exams, and taking ultrasounds or x-rays.” (par 2) Going into this job, you should be expecting to be doing a lot of hard work outdoors with your hands. So do not be fearful of getting some dirt or manure on yourself. You should be expecting this because you will be working with Large Farm Animals like Cows and Horses.
A Mixed Practice Veterinarian is a vet that is going to be working with multiple different types of animals which requires more schooling. Again, Hope says in “Mixed Practice Veterinarian”, that “The usual duties for a...
... middle of paper ...
...er.” List of Large Animal Related Careers: Chron” Demain Medie N.p., Web 10 Mar 2016. says”About 15 percent of veterinarians worked with large animals as of 2010, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Equine vets treat horses, while food animal docs work with pigs, cattle and sheep, visiting ranches and farms to treat disease and vaccinate livestock.”(par 1) Being a educator in the Large Animal is another growing field you could really look at. Alyson says”Most careers with large animals require post-secondary education. Zoologists need a bachelor’s degree in the field for entry-level work, and a master’s or doctoral degree for management or research jobs. Farm and ranch workers should earn an undergraduate degree in animal sciences, with courses that provide hands-on experience with beef and dairy cattle, sheep and swine.” (par 4)
With having a degree
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animal Field Opportunities The degree of Veterinary Science of Animals is an bold way of saying you work with animals. However, there are numerous other degrees out there that will allow others to work with different animals in many different ways. Animals you can work with can vary from small in size such a as a cat to a large horse. Before you get into this field of work you need to know some of the schools you can get adequate degrees from, and have experience of working with animals while in school.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinarian, Horse]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- The degree of Veterinary Science of Animals is such bold way of saying you work with animals, but there are a lot more degrees of there for you that will allow you to work with different animals. Some of the Animals you can work with are Equine Animals, Small Animal, Large Animal, and Mix Animal. Before you get into this field of work you need to know some of the schools you can get good degrees from, and what the job field is like out when you do graduate. One other thing is you may wanna know is what is the salary for the job is gonna look like.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinarian, Surgery]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- Veterinary Science or Veterinary Medicine is a specialty on treatment or diagnosis on the health of domesticated and wild animals. Veterinarians also ensure to prevent transmission of animal’s diseases to people. Also, veterinarians make certain that domesticate and wild animals are eating safe food for their diet by monitoring and maintaining. In the 2000 BCE in Babylonia and Egypt person perform as doctors to all kind of animals. In ancient Greek veterinarians were "horse-doctors" or "pertaining to the beast of Burden".... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Medicine]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- One of the most intriguing fields of work is veterinary medicine, and although it may be stressful, hazardous, strenuous, and bittersweet at times it all pays off in the end knowing you’re becoming the voice of many helpless animals. 1Veterinarians are responsible for the health of all sorts of animals in all kinds of places.7 They also help protect humans from diseases that could be transferred from animals to humans such as rabies or salmonella poisoning. Becoming a veterinarian is extremely interesting because there are so many different areas to specialize in like dentistry, zoology, and even orthopedics, and if you become bored with a certain area there is always a new and exciting fi... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinarian, The Animals]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction When I was growing up and always playing with animals, I realized what I might want to do with my life. Since animals are, for the most part, vulnerable and helpless, they need someone to take care of them. For animals in need to survive and carry on, there must be a caring person willing to take time out of their day to care for these animals. This person is responsible for providing care such as feeding, cleaning, giving water and administering medication to animals in veterinary offices, zoos, laboratories or animal hospitals.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Veterinarian Vs. Veterinary Technician Working with animals is my passion; I want to protect, save, and help animals. Deciding on whether to go to college to become a veterinarian or a veterinary technician can be a difficult decision; however I chose veterinary technician. The cost of school, years of schooling, and the duties that are required for the day can affect that decision. To practice Veterinary medicine is a four year course of study plus the undergraduate degree (“Steps to”). Veterinarians or vets have to acquire a doctorate in veterinary medicine to practice as a vet.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1890 words (5.4 pages)
- “Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge. I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics. I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.” (The Veterinary’s Oath).... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Medicine, Veterinarian]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- I am doing my research paper on being a Veterinarian. I have a strong passion for animals. I have been volunteering at an animal shelter for almost 6 years. I enjoy working with animals and also training them. I would love to pursue my career in this because it is something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. Veterinarians diagnose animal health problems. They vaccinate against diseases. They also treat wounds and medicate suffering animals with infections. They examine animals and determine what disease or infection they might have.... [tags: veterinarian, asistant, technician]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- The Ideal University What makes an ideal university? An ideal university is one which is student focused and centered on the needs of individual students. Having lectures and classes, which exceed 35 students', makes it impossible to obtain the best education possible. A university which is dedicated to making sure every student understands and learns at his or her own pace is one which is most effective. My "ideal university" is one which only accepts those students whom are veterinary majors. I have named my "ideal university" Jobs University. Jobs University would be one which will focus strictly on veterinary medicine and will work towards producing successful vete... [tags: Expository Definition Essays]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- Veterinary Medicine Veterinary medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with the diseases of animals. Treating pets is one of the most profitable fields in veterinary medicine. The proper vaccination of animals and the diagnosis of diseases are part of a veterinarian’s duties. The first step to a career in veterinary medicine is deciding that it is the right path for you. If you like animals, enjoy working with your hands as well as your mind, and want a challenging job with different responsibilities, veterinary medicine may be right for you.... [tags: essays research papers]
544 words (1.6 pages)