This is a one man business. The owner is entitled to all the profits as well as the losses. He is also personally liable for any obligations or debts incurred by the business. A Singaporean PR or individual looking to start a sole proprietorship must first make an application for the business name. This is done to ensure the name is available and also that Medisave payments have been fully paid. Thereafter, he registers the business in accordance to Business registration act.
A partnership is made up of 2 to 20 people. People join together based on similar skill, resources, or ambition. The partners share out the duties, profits, and losses depending of the capital contribution or terms laid out in the partnership deed. They are also personally liable for debts incurred by the business.
NOTE: Since they are not corporate entities, partnerships and sole proprietorship are not required to file annual accounts. However, they are required to renew their registration yearly. They also have to furnish the IRAS with their annual returns.
3. Limited Partnerships (LP)
Limited Partnerships or LP is comprised of an unlimited number of both general as well as limited partners. A general partner who may be an individual or corporation is personally accountable for any liabilities or debts incurred while he is a general partner. Limited partners are only responsible up to a certain limit as specified in the contribution or partnership agreement.
4. Limited Liability Partnerships
Limited Liability Partnerships or LLPs is a merger between partnership and private limited companies. It thus offers more flexibility to the owners. The partner’s liability is pegged on the amount of capital contributed. They are...
... middle of paper ...
... the debentures or shares to the public, it has to register its prospectus with ACRA.
• Company Limited by Guarantee: These Company will be formed by not for profit organizations. These include trade associations, clubs, charitable bodies, religious bodies, professional societies, among other non-commercial entities.
6. Foreign Company
This is a company, society, corporation, association, or any other body formed outside Singapore. Under the foreign law which allowed the company to be incorporated, it should be possible to sue the company. The company should also be able to hold property.
7. Non-Trading Representative Office
This is a form of foreign company which only operates for a short term. It is usually started to explore business ventures, market surveys, or trade leads in Singapore. The goal is always to test the waters before establishing the company.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- America is also known as the universal "melting pot", where diversity is welcomed with open arms. This nation as a whole re programmed itself to be more accepting and more tolerable of what is out of their form of ‘the norm’; but, to what extent. According to Google definitions: beauty is a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form that pleases the aesthetic senses, esp. the sight. So, speaking of technicalities, beauty varies in the eyes of the beholder or the individual’s opinion.... [tags: America, Diverse Beauty]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- There are many different types of encryption that are used in today’s market. One of those encryption tools that are used is BitLocker. BitLocker can encrypt entire disk volumes and help ensure only those with the need to access the critical data on the drive are capable of doing so. BitLocker can be is built into the Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 operating systems. When an administrator enables BitLocker it requires some sort of user verification to utilize the data.... [tags: administrators, bitlocker, virtual network]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- The Types of Business Ownership This report is about the advantages and disadvantages of different types of business ownerships. Introduction I am going to write about the advantages and disadvantages of different business ownerships including: * Sole Trader * Partnership * Franchise I will include the definitions of some of the business ownerships. Main Body SOLE TRADER Sole trader, as the name suggests, is where an individual is the sole owner of a business.... [tags: Papers]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Defining Public Relations The ability to adhere to one worldwide definition of public relations is a challenging and one might say impossible task, and has concerned many public relations specials and scholars alike. They seem to agree that while individuals ' actual definition of public relations might vary in strategy and technique, the end goal is always the same, to influence public opinion favorably for one 's organization. Public Relations in My Own Words Public Relations deals with a broad range of strategies and methods, therefore, it is not easily defined.... [tags: Public relations, Definition]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Advertising, this is a form of marketing communication. It’s the promotion of goods and services through impersonal media; it is used by the businesses to call the public’s attention and to convince, persuade and encourage them to buy their products. Advertising also gives information about the products and services that is being offered. Sometimes, business promotes their product/services in a boastful or ostentatious way. This is also the profession of planning, designing, and writing advertisements.... [tags: marketing, communication, Media]
1888 words (5.4 pages)
- This review of literature will discuss three key approaches to or models of corporate responsibility; CSR, stakeholder theory and the triple bottom line approach and how they impact stakeholder relationship and sustainability. Also addressed in this review are generation Y, their work values, and how CSR impacts employee satisfaction and retention. Besides, gaps from the review of past literature will be discussed to identify potential areas for future research particularly on ways that firms, particularly multinationals in Malaysia can use CSR as a tool to attract and retain generation Y.... [tags: Corporate social responsibility]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Types of Businesses in America American society has always been optimistic towards their future. The American nation is a capitalistic country. Many individuals are influenced to start up their own businesses with their own ideas. The government helps and regulates all business. There are three types of businesses sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations. A sole proprietorship would be my best choice to start up my own business. This form of business is the easiest to start. In the states a federal license or permit is needed to sell products or serve a service to the public.... [tags: Business Law]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Investigating Two Types of Businesses In this report in am going to investigate The Body Shop and Interlink which are two different types ownership PLC (Public limited company) and a Sole Trader. [IMAGE]Task 1a) Information about each of the companies THE BODY SHOP plc ©2003 The Body Shop rapidly evolved from one small shop in Brighton on the south coast of England, with only around 25 hand-mixed products on sale, to a worldwide network of shops. Franchising allowed for rapid growth and international expansion as hundreds of entrepreneurs worldwide bought into Anita's vision.... [tags: Papers]
2090 words (6 pages)
- "On Ethnic Definitions" is one of the shortest poems in Eleanor Wilner's anthology Reversing the Spell, but it is arguably one of the most powerful. In "Definitions," Wilner addresses issues of Jewish identity. As the title implies, she defines the Jewish people in ten lines. The nature of her definition is not immediately obvious, however. At first, readers unfamiliar with Jewish theology may believe that Wilner's definition is a bleak one that centers around death. It does at first appear that Wilner is saying that the very definition of the Jewish people is their death and burial, their destruction.... [tags: On Ethnic Definitions Essays ]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- Defining Public Relations The ability to adhere to one worldwide definition of public relations is a challenging and one might say impossible task, and has concerned many public relations specials and scholars alike. They seem to agree that while individuals' actual definition of public relations might vary in strategy and technique, the end goal is always the same, to influence public opinion favorably for one's organization. Public Relations in My Own Words Public Relations deals with a broad range of strategies and methods, therefore, it is not easily defined.... [tags: PR Business Public Relations]
1051 words (3 pages)