Of course, money is important to have in possession to constantly pay bills and support your family. Without money people will starve and become homeless (Debate). Money is what allows people to have shelter, food, and clothing which are basic needs. In people’s eyes, being unclothed, homeless, and starving is rather unsuccessful (Debate). People who become homeless or unsuccessful are shunned or sympathized by other people. There are people in society that use their own success to help others that are in need, such as helping a homeless person by offering them money or shelter.
Success is not defined by the clothes you wear or the size of your house. The United States is known for the citizen’s materialistic obsession (Seger 1). We attain satisfaction from the objects we possess and often we enjoy our envious neighbors. Money is a symbolism for the definition of people’s success (Seger 1). The amount of money a person has determines the different objects they can acquire. The bigger the diamond ring the more successful you are. However this is not the true definition of success.
Success can be defined from all countries around the world (Seger 1). In countries outside of the United States of America, success is having the ability to support their families (Seger 1). Being able ...
... middle of paper ...
...uccess." Five ways to define success. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Feb. 2014.
Fields, Joshua. "The Definition of Success." The Minimalists. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Feb. 2014.
"In today's society, what's the median of success: money (yes) or moral values (no)?." The Premier Online Debate Website. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014.
James, Geoffrey. "What Is Success? Here's a Better Definition BY Geoffrey James." Inc.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014.
Smith, James. "Looking Forward Quotes." BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Definition of Success 'One has achieved success who has lived well and laughed often.'; This quote seems to sum up what is meant by success. If you are able to laugh often and much then you have definitely achieved happiness. The idea of living well, though, is a very broad statement. In order, then, to define success in relation to this statement, we must first define what it means to live well. There are three levels of success, in my opinion: societal success, personal success, and academic or professional success.... [tags: Definition Essays]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- "Success entails having a positive outlook and good work ethic to help you pursue your dreams and goals throughout your entire life. Success is achieving intellectual growth for your own personal enrichment. Success is making the best of the opportunities that are presented to us in order to do good things for ourselves and for those around us." – Aarron Hedlock – What is success and how can you achieve it. I’d like to to propose a new definition of success that isn’t about landing a job; it’s about believing that the job you will do is the job you should be doing.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
450 words (1.3 pages)
- "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda -- What is success. How can I come successful. There's a library's worth of self-help books on how to become successful. Yet, at the end of the day, each of us decides our own personal definition of success. How will we balance security and adventure, challenge and safety, mastery versus risk-taking?. Learning expert Dawna Markova's words are simple yet profound: "Each of us is here to give something that only we can offer, and... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
400 words (1.1 pages)
- The Definition of Success What is success. Is it the process of doing a task and receiving a positive result acceptable amongst the community, or is it simply achieving ones own personal goals. Success to me can mean many things. Although I am successful in school, that does not necessarily mean I will lead a successful life. According to The American Heritage Dictionary success is, "the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted." Even over the course of history, the meaning of the word has not really changed.... [tags: Definition Essays Defining Papers]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- What is success. How does one succeed in life. A few moments' thought will convince us that the question is by no means an easy one to answer. We say this, that, or the other man is successful, but what do we mean by it. One man has houses and lands, has a large bank account, drives fast horses and has many apparent friends, such a man is accounted successful. Yet all of these things that minister to his pleasure have been acquired by unremitting labor, by hard, avaricious dealings with his fellow-men, by trampling upon the hearts and affections of thousands; in the face of these facts is the man a successful one.... [tags: Expository Definition Essays 2014]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- Success is defined differently by every person. I believe that Emerson's poem "What is Success?" accurately embodies my definition of success. To me success is not about how much money a person makes, the type of car he or she drives, or even the type of dwelling in which he or she lives. Success is changing just one person's life for the better. In my opinion, the greatest achievement is positively influencing one person. Yes, just one person who is positively influenced is success for me. I believe that every person has at one time or another looked up to someone else for guidance, direction, and encouragement.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
312 words (0.9 pages)
- Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. – Bruce Lee – What is success. Society is always striving for a definition to define it and how others can and have achieved it. This paper will illustrate the definition of success, what makes society success or not success, and what my personal definition of success is. This will show how twisted and materialistic people can really be in today’s world. In the dictionary.com definition success is the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Do you know someone rich and famous. Is that person confident, popular, and joyful all of the time—the epitome of mainstream success. Or, on the other hand, is the person stressed, having second thoughts about his life choices, and unsure about the meaning of his life. I am willing to bet that it is the second one. Mainstream marketing and media have effectively brainwashed our society into accepting a false, even potentially dangerous definition of success. Marketers want us to believe that having lots of money, living in a big house, and owning all of the latest cars, fashions, and technology is the key to happiness, and hence, success.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
1410 words (4 pages)
- “Success is the peace that comes with knowing your accomplishments have purpose.” – Hutch Putnam – Success is a word that really hard to define, because everyone will have a different definition for this word. In fact, there no exact definition for the word "success". For a student, maybe the success means to pass all courses of the semester; for a business man, signing a importance contract and get a lot of money are successes; and for a president, leading the country to develop and make the people have a better life are success.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
2225 words (6.4 pages)
- My definition of success has changed a lot since I have come to USC. In high school, success was solely defined by my academic and extracurricular achievement. I measured my success based on how many A’s I got, how high my SAT scores were, how many clubs I was involved in, and how many leadership roles I took on. Today, I measure my success solely based on my learning experiences and opportunities. What did I learn from that experience that will help me in the future. In high school, my goal was to get into a great college.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
250 words (0.7 pages)
- Texting Vs Talking: An Expoloration in Telecommunication Language by Thomas Holtgraves and Korey Paul
- How Does the Concentration of Copper II Sulphate Solution Affect Its Transparency?
- Land on Extraterrestrial Planet in Out of the Silent Planet, by C.S. Lewis
- How Self-Driving Cars Work
- Seeking Admission to a Doctoral Degree Program
- Modern Classical Music