Automated metering is one of the subsystems of SGs and plays a major role in SG infrastructure and wireless applications . The automated meter reading (AMR) are featured to calculate the energy expenditure by an automated metering infrastructure (AMI) subsystem application and to improve the reliability of the current energy sys- tem. AMI system is a combination of three elements: smart meters (SMs), a metering communication infrastructure, and a meter data management (MDM) system .
A SM is an electrical device, which is mostly deployed at the customer’s premises and is used to collect energy usage, power outage, and quality notification and it sends the data collected to the utility company for billing . Real-time power consump- tion measurement is the key element that offers benefits to the customer as it enables to make more informed decisions about the consumer energy consumption, adjusting both when they use electricity and how much they use. An MDM system not only performs data storage but also manages the vast quantities of data that are d...
... middle of paper ...
... 802.15.4 specification suggests default values for different MAC parameters; however, the de- fault configuration may not yield the most desirable tradeoff between the packet loss rate and the packet latency in all situations . The performance is measured in terms of the throughput and the packet latency. The objective is to determine the appropriate values of IEEE 802.15.4 MAC parameters that results in a good tradeoff between the throughput and the packet latency for a given traffic load range.
As to predict the delay and throughput of the unslotted CSMA-CA under the un- evenly distributed SM traffic, a Markov chain model is proposed. The Markov chain techniques decrease the analyst’s task by reducing the problem from one of mathemat- ical computation to that of state modeling, therefore, we have used it in the analysis of MAC parameters of IEEE 802.15.4 .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- EXTENDED DEFINITION ESSAY A definition essay entails more than just a simple dictionary definition. Definition essay extends the definition by providing more examples to enable the reader to understand the terms and concepts being defined. In other words, a definition essay is an article that gives explanation on a term’s meaning. In some cases, some words have certain substantial meaning, for example, jug, pencil, or tree. And some terms such as integrity, virtue, or hero is conceptual and they depend more, on how a person views them, their definition will also depend on the context in which the person is.... [tags: Love, Interpersonal relationship, Definition]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- As long as we continue to expand our technology capabilities we will also be required to expand upon or abilities to safeguard and maintain proper access control. This means increasing the number of security protocols and policies while decreasing the number of people granted access to any given system or set of data. However, in order to do so we must utilize various tools to assist in maintaining this integrity. One of these tools that has only to grow in popularity over the past several years are smart cards.... [tags: Access control, Smart card]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- My definition of art is imagination and passion expressed by creating a visual feature. I consider art to be a figurative of the imagination because everything starts with thought. People create life by thinking of ways to develop; this then creates art. It is as simple as watching a child draw a picture. I can recall imagining a picture in my head and expressing my thoughts on paper. The drawing did not come out as I imagined but it took me to a place and every time I saw the picture I thought about the vision I had created in my head.... [tags: Art, Definition]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- Defining Public Relations The ability to adhere to one worldwide definition of public relations is a challenging and one might say impossible task, and has concerned many public relations specials and scholars alike. They seem to agree that while individuals ' actual definition of public relations might vary in strategy and technique, the end goal is always the same, to influence public opinion favorably for one 's organization. Public Relations in My Own Words Public Relations deals with a broad range of strategies and methods, therefore, it is not easily defined.... [tags: Public relations, Definition]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Functions of Management in a Domestic Environment The four functions of management are planning, organizing, leading and controlling. While these functions are applied to the business world, they are also applied to everyday family and household matters. The accepted labels attached to these kinds of managers are Domestic Engineers. These managers never leave their humble abodes to work for someone else's company, but hold just as important and responsible positions within their own company.... [tags: Management Functions Leadership Organization]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Defintion Essay - Is it Possible to Define Art. Art is the intentional use of some medium to communicate emotions or ideas between minds. Some combination of the five senses is used to conduct information, so art may take the form of music, painting, sculpture, dance, and others. Art may be collaborative, as with the presentation of a symphony, which may involve a composer, a conductor, players, and a lighting crew all working to create the art of the presentation. Also, art occurs in at least one level of abstraction removed from reality, a representation of the real thing.... [tags: Expository Definition Essays]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- The Smart Classroom The classroom is a place that is constantly trying to be improved for the betterment of students’ education. New teaching methods and improvement in environment are all constantly being researched; however, recently, research on technology in the classroom has flourished. The Smart Classroom contains these technological advances and triggers them toward in-hancing student learning. Classrooms in the past never really took into consideration that all students learned differently, so one method of teaching was used.... [tags: Education Technology Smart Technolgies Essays]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Definition Essay – Defining the Soul of Man "Soul" has, historically, always been tied up with morality and religious dogma, and I believe modern neuropsychology and psychobiology has effectively refuted any scientific basis for a "Soul." To state as fact, "The soul exists," one must first socratically define Soul. More on this later: Soul, or Consciousness, is, without a doubt, tied up within the billions of curious things called synapses and cells, deep inside the brain. There are cases of people without consciousness, without the all important "I." Usually this happens through the onset of a coma, or sometimes the hippocampus is damaged.... [tags: Definition Essays]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction In this paper I will define marketing in my own words and also research what the definition is using two different sources. While supporting my answers with three examples from the business world, I will show the importance of marketing. Marketing applies to many different areas of an organization and after close review I will make it clear on how it relates. Personal Definition Marketing is how a company or organization promotes the service or product the company uses to create revenue.... [tags: Research Paper Marketing Definition]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Leadership Definition There are lots of definitions and interpretations for the term LEADERSHIP. One is “A relationship through which one person influences the behaviour or actions of other people” (Mullins, L.J. 2002, Management and Organisational Behaviour, 6th Edition, FT Publishing, p904). Another popular definition would be, “the process of influencing an organization or groups within an organization in its efforts towards achieving a goal” (Johnson, Scholes & Whittington, 2005, Exploring Corporate Strategy, 7th Edition, FT Prentice Hall, p.519) Leadership Theories on Behaviour To me, leaders are constantly surrounding us.... [tags: Definition Leader Leading Leadership Essays]
1892 words (5.4 pages)
- Smoking: The Issue of Addiction and How to Quit
- IOS7 Vs. Android Kit-Kat
- An Essay on Orientalism Through Novel the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The Priorities of Presidents Roosevelt and Bush after Major Calamity on the US
- The Political Suffering of the Forties and Fifties Demonstrated in the Poem Howl by Ginsberg
- Guidelines and Benefits of Teenage Nutrition: Questions and Answers