This assignment will
- Explain and define programming.
- Tell why, with an Essay, I chose “Computer Programming” as this assignment topic.
- Demonstrate APA style usage. While tapping information from 3 sources.
- Reference where I got the information from.
This assignment is written with the aid of a Computer. The name itself “Compute” plus “r”. Meaning something that computes. “Compute” is the action of doing or executing instructions with the aid of a “medium”. This action can be called “programming”.
Ø Computer is the medium in this case.
Ø “Programming”, which is action that the Computer does, in the case.
Like Dictionary.com nounally defined Computer:
“a programmable electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations.” (Dictionary.com).
It also defines Programming as:
“the act or process of planning or writing a program.” (Dictionary.com).
I love Computer Programming. Today, I own a Private Limited Company “O’HWAYS LTD” in the United Kingdom. It is a very small company comprising of the Director, Secretory, Accountant and some work at home part-time workers. Its primary activity is in the Information Technology (IT) sector.
The activities of this Company is carried out mostly by Computer Programming. I am sure you now understand why I chose “Computer Programming” as this assignment topic.
Please allow me to literally demonstrate with examples some basics of Computer Programming (CP).
If, for instance, I want to be notified every 30 minutes about who, from my workers, visited ...
... middle of paper ...
... consummate professionals, skilled at building customer relations, they are in high demand.(Fareed Siddiqui, Dec 24, 2014).
I love Computer Programming, I am here by the UoPeople to be enhanced, be recognized and to get a Degree on it as Computer Science graduate.
Like the UoPeople will put it.
The online CSC offers UoPeople computer science students with an online career building and exploration resource that is accessible during and after their studies. It suits all computer science students, whether the student has extensive work experience, is just entering the work force, or is making a career change. The career service center has all the tools to succeed in a computer science career.(UoPeople, CSC).
Computer programming is amazing. It is one of the tools required in compromising this current world technological sustenance.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Rogers Epstein Programming Knowledge • Taught himself Java during the summer of 2014. Promptly took AP Computer Science, getting a 5 on the exam and being generally interested in the principles, data structures and algorithms taught in the class. • Participated in the 2015 WPI High School Programming Contest, scoring a perfect 10/10 and ranking 5th out of the 38 participating teams. This contest tests a group of three’s ability to code 10 difficult input/output programs as fast and accurately as possible.... [tags: High school, Educational years, Students]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Abstract Computer programming is an important aspect of computer science, in which an algorithm is taken and encoded into a notation to be executed by a computer. There are many different types of programming languages that exist today, to name a few of the most popular: Java, C, C++, PHP and Python. Computer programming is a continuous area of study, and will only grow over the coming years due to the rise in technology and high-demand for programmers to learn these different languages. Computer programming in relation to computer science Computer science is a vast area of study and computer programming is arguably one of the most important aspects of computer science.... [tags: Programming language, Computer programming]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- The development of linear programming has been ranked among the most important scientific advances of the mid 20th century. Its impact since the 1950’s has been extraordinary. Today it is a standard tool used by some companies (around 56%) of even moderate size. Linear programming uses a mathematical model to describe the problem of concern. Linear programming involves the planning of activities to obtain an optimal result, i.e., a result that reaches the specified goal best (according to the mathematical model) among all feasible alternatives.... [tags: Computer Programming]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Meanwhile the design is kept simple (Fowler). Simple is a key word in XP. In fact, Martin Fowler's essay (Fowler) seems to make it XP's core. However, what exactly is meant by simplicity will depend on multiple factors. As Martin Fowler defines it, he lists the following (Fowler): it runs all the tests, reveals all the intentions, does not have duplicated code, and has the fewest number of classes or methods. “runs all the tests” seems to imply that a program's testing such as JUnit returns with a pass.... [tags: design, bulit, programming]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Definition of a Reality Show Reality TV is a genre of television programming that presents unscripted dramatic or humorous alleged situation and record real events. It usually features ordinary people instead of professional actors, sometimes other circumstances in the game or in a prize being awarded. Genre often prominent individuals and dramatic conflict to a greater extent than other unscripted television documentaries and other programs. Such a participant genre has different standards metaphor, such as express their ideas reality TV confession with cast members, which often doubles as a program, "the narration in the competition-based reality shows, a significant subset of the epis... [tags: Reality television, Television]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- What is Neuro-Linguistic programming. Neuro – Linguistic programming is concerned with how individuals absorb and make sense of information (Young 1983, p.1012). It is referred to as a model of human behaviour and cognition (weaver 2010 p.40). It has been stated (O’Connor, 2001, p1) as the study of brilliance and quality. Neuro-linguistic programming started with John Grinder, who was a linguistic professor and Richard Bandlar who had both a mathematical and computer programming background (Gleeson, 2009, p.6).... [tags: Research Analysis ]
2371 words (6.8 pages)
- Free Software - the Definition Free in Free Software is referring to freedom, not price. Having been used in this meaning since the 80s, the first documented complete definition appears to be the GNU's Bulletin, vol. 1 no. 6 , published January 1989. In particular, four freedoms define Free Software:  The freedom to run the program, for any purpose. Placing restrictions on the use of Free Software, such as time (``30 days trial period', ``license expires January 1st, 2004'), purpose (``permission granted for research and non-commercial use') or an arbitrary limitation of geographic area (``must not be used in country X') makes a program non-free.... [tags: Definition Free Software Essays]
2677 words (7.6 pages)
- Introduction There is a plethora of different development programming languages, known as paradigms, available to a software designer. I intend to explore some of these models and discuss why a developer would choose one over another to accomplish a specific task. Object oriented programming. This is a self-contained, yet abstract programming language, which is easy to maintain. There are many advantages of object-oriented programming abbreviated in the industry to OOP. One of these is that it allows the reuse of code keeping up an applications sustainability and preservation.... [tags: Information Technology]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- High Definition Television (HDTV) High Definition Television, also known as HDTV, is a technological advancement compared to the analog television most Americans have now. High definition was a marvel that was bound to come. It seems that every time a new technology emerges, it is a must have, but is high-definition television worth buying. This is the question I have posed to myself and will try to answer. High definition started in Tokyo, Japan in 1964. It was a simple experimental research project that did not hold much weight.... [tags: Expository Essays]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- C++ Programming NOTES ON C++ PROGRAMMING Module 1: Pointers and Memory Management NOTES ON C++ PROGRAMMING Module 1: Pointers and Memory Management TABLE OF CONTENTS TABLE OF CONTENTS 1 OVERVIEW 4 BASIC MEMORY MANAGEMENT 5 GROUP ASSIGNMENT 6 INITIALIZATION 8 CONSTANTS 9 INCREMENT AND DECREMENT OPERATORS 10 ELSE-IF 13 SWITCH 14 LOOPS 15 EXAMPLES OF LOOPS 16 BREAK, CONTINUE 18 RETURN 19 FUNCTION DEFINITION: 21 VOID FUNCTIONS 22 FUNCTIONS RETURNING A VALUE 23 OVERVIEW Algorithms: A step-by-step sequence of instructions that describes how to perform a computation.... [tags: science]
1109 words (3.2 pages)