This paper will be defining a network and discusses different types of networks such as LAN and WANs. This also be telling the common internet use like why we use it so much in are life’s this paper will tell how to connect to the internet and telling and be telling the different types of internet websites.
A network is a collection of computers and devices connected, often wirelessly, Vi communications devices and transmission media. When a computer connects to a network, it is online. Networks allow users to share resources, such as hardware, software, data, and information. Sharing resources saves time and money. For example instead of purchasing one printer for every computer in a company, the firm can connect a signal printer and all computers via a network; the network enables all of the computers to access the same printer. (Gary B. Shelly). So basically when you’re on the internet it’s a big sharing place on one network and you can connect to thousands of different devices and you can be on one network instead of having multiple networks.
A (LAN) is a local network so it’s not worldwide more personal so you would find (LAN) in homes, school, and small offices. Only let down about having (LAN) network you are limit geographical areas. A (WLAN) is a wireless LAN that’s means its Wi-Fi you don’t need to have devices any hardwires connected so it’s just like Bluetooth on your phone it’s pretty much in open space that you can connect too. (PAN) is a personal network area these is the common one at home there use for communication among computer communicating information giving devices. For example like personal computers, fax machines, printers and video games. (Enggpida) Another network is (SAN) whi...
... middle of paper ...
... an educational system .edu, and the military .mil. How to connect your computer to the internet just give your landline company a call and ask them or you can go through your cell phone company.
n.d. 18 11 2013.
Gary B. Shelly, Misty E. Vermaat. "Networks and Computers." Gary B. Shelly, Misty E. Vermaat. Microsoft Office 2010. Boston: Nicole Pinard, 2011. Com 21.
msiresources. n.d. 20 11 2013.
Tech Terms. n.d. 18 11 2013.
znccharare. n.d. 20 11 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In many countries worldwide businesses and educational institutions make up a large percentage of society. These places need a way of being able to share information and to communicate within the business or school. They also need to be able to share business plans or other information with outside organizations. Computers were originally developed for individual use only. The importance of sharing data forced manufacturers to create techniques for connecting computers and this was the beginning of computer networks.... [tags: Technology, IP, Protocols]
1930 words (5.5 pages)
- A B S T R A C T Link prediction is a key technique in many applications in social networks; where potential links between entities need to be predicted. Typical link prediction techniques deal with either uniform entities, i.e., company to company, applicant to applicant links, or non-mutual relationships, e.g., company to applicant links. However, there is a challenging problem of link prediction among the composite entities and mutual links; such as accurate prediction of matches on company dataset, jobs or workers on employment websites, where the links are mutually determined by both entities that composite entity belong to disjoint groups.... [tags: Link Prediction]
3055 words (8.7 pages)
- Networks and Websites. Steve Jobs once stated, "What a computer is to me is the most remarkable tool that we have ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds (Griggs)." Computers and the Internet are full of exciting things, but it takes a lot for something remarkable to happen. There are so many opportunities available on the Web, but first there needs to be a connection. Networks such as LANs or WANs need to be available, then the Internet needs to be connected to a network, and finally it is time to search and enjoy the best Web sites in the world.... [tags: LAN, WAN, ISP]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- My Essay Ajax developers like other web application don’t set enough security for the website so it’s easy to comprise. Developers like Ajax must fill many holes before they release their website to the public. Ajax requires a lot of client-side scripting coding, but many people just develop the site and upload before they fixed the security. Web 1.0 sites aren't interactive they are sites that visitors will look at one time only. They don’t come back due to the site is a proprietary.... [tags: websites, company, software]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Networks communicate using the TCP/IP which allows for them to transmit and receive data from another computer on the same TCP/IP Network types Network types consist of LAN and WAN network types which are determined what they are based on the size of the area they are traveling in. LAN is what connects computers in a small local area. This will need to be used in college so that the computers in the college are able to communicate with the other computers in the local area. This will also allow the computers in the local area to connect to the printers which are on the network.... [tags: Internet, Computer network, Mobile phone]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- The conclusion from the research of this paper indicates that social networks sites are here to stay. Social network sites need to convey a sense of responsibility. Based on the increasing level of social sites engaging in ecommerce, communication and socialization, the need of privacy protection is passed on to individuals. What this research paper has demonstrated is that there are implications users need to be aware of before signing up and placing their profile on these social network sites.... [tags: Social Networks]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- Evaluating Three Cell Phone Websites Today, almost all people use cell phones. After buying a cell phone, people will choose which plan they will use. Now, there are many cell phone service companies in the US, so the cell phone users have to be careful when they choose the plans. Many cell phone service companies provide websites in order to give information to the cell phone users. The ease of use of the website, the information that it gives, the design and the organization of the website are the factors that will influence cell phone users in choosing their plan.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- Quit Your Job - Buy and Sell Websites for a Living. Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com The stock market and real estate industry have long been populated by day traders and “flippers”, those that buy and sell in a short period of time in order to make a quick profit. In the real estate industry the life of a house flipper can be very appealing. Buy a renovator’s dream property at a discounted price, renovate and modernize it and then sell it at a few months later at a profit. This process can then be repeated over and over.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
2454 words (7 pages)
- The Common Traits of Successful Websites A website is a new way to communicate without direct personal interaction. It is a place on the internet where one can post anything from personal information to commercial advertising. The major advantage of websites is the fact that they are accessible to anyone in the world. The only restriction is that the person must have a computer and a modem. From that point on, the options are immeasurable. One can read different personal homepages, visit commercial sites and do valuable research.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
4060 words (11.6 pages)
- A Student's Comments on Habitat for Humanity Websites While sitting in my dorm room watching a DVD, I looked around and suddenly realized how lucky I was. I lived in a decent sized room with lighting and air conditioning that I could adjust to make myself comfortable. Then I thought how even more lucky I was to be able to go home too yet a nicer living facility at my own house that I have to share with nobody but my immediate family. It made me begin to wonder how many people there are that do not possess this luxury.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1377 words (3.9 pages)