Decision makers are faced with increasingly stressful environments, highly competitive, fast-paced, overloaded with information, data distributed through the organizations, and multinational in scope. Under these circumstances, decision makers expect to use enhanced tools that can assist them during the decision-making process and that can help them improve their overall performance and skills (Stanescu et al, 2011). One of such tools is the decision support system. The central goal of Decision Support Systems (DSS) in any organization is to process and provide suitable information in order to support individuals or organizations in their decision making tasks (Aronson et al, 2005 & Burtein et al, 2008). Over the past decades, DSS have evolved from distributed computing systems to group and web-based DSS. With the recent proliferation of wireless technology and mobile devices, a new set of decision support has emerged. This is called a Mobile Decision Support System. According to Power (2014) a mobile decision support uses wireless technology and portable computing devices to provide interactive computer-based systems to help decision makers use data, documents, knowledge and models to identify and solve problems, complete decision process tasks, and make decisions.
According to Mulholland (2012), the need for mobile decision support is seen as a core driver of new business deployments. Sathyan et al (2013) opined that deploying a mobile-based system in any enterprise will give the employees access to key business processes, data, and reports that will result in decisions, faster actions, shortened cycle times, and increased business agility. Mobile decision support system according to Power (2014) has the capabi...
... middle of paper ...
MyBiz is another Mobile BPM app that allows mobile user manage a small medium business without having to be restricted to a desktop or a terminal. This app is a comprehensive suite of tools, with a simple interface, which has the ability to import or export features from application packages such as Microsoft Excel and so on. This gives the user the ability to create report for easy viewing as well as exporting it to spreadsheet program for data manipulation. Using this tool, a user can track and document products and services that go in and out of the business. Our application is different form these applications, in the sense that it does not only allow process manager create task, monitor the task, it also provides up to date information for quick and effective decision making. This frees the process manager from the problem of having to search for information.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Applying Decision Making Techniques to Identify Solutions How will the South Pacific Logistics and Transportation Company establish a greater and profitable presence on the Island of Kava. Considering all the physical, environmental and socio-economical issues previously discussed, how can a decision be made that will provide the best solution for both the corporation, its stakeholders and the community in which they operate. There are several tools and techniques available to guide decision makers during the analysis and evaluation process in order to reach the best possible decisions.... [tags: Analysis Thinking Decision Making]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Company Description Stryker is a global medical device manufacturing company. The Instruments Division is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It was founded by Dr. Homer Stryker, an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Stryker discovered that certain medical devices were not meeting his patient’s needs. Because of this, Dr. Stryker decided to invent new ones. The devices he invented were successful, and the interest in Dr. Stryker’s products began to grow. As a result, in 1941 he decided to start a company to produce them.... [tags: Information Systems Research Paper]
3504 words (10 pages)
- CDS Systems, EBP and Clinical Guidelines: Similar to Global Positioning Systems (GPS) provide drivers with directions, detours, alternative routes, and alerts, Clinical Decision Support (CDS) systems provide health care professionals with guidance for important decisions associated with patient care. These systems have many capabilities including synthesizing patient information, suggesting diagnostic tests, providing alerts for life-threatening situations, recommending treatment options, and providing relevant evidence and best practices.... [tags: globla positioning systems]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Abstract: With the advent of e-systems; business and consumers have access to a plethora of information which makes the decision making process more complex. The overwhelming information flow makes it extremely difficult for decision makers to analyze the available data and make precise decisions. Under such an information intensive online environment, businesses need to make real time intelligent decisions in order to stay economically and commercially viable. Multi agent systems have the inherent ability to facilitate provision of an adequate decision support mechanism in an e-business setting.... [tags: Information Technology]
4207 words (12 pages)
- In the current state of our economy and educational system of today, many individuals and organizations are currently looking towards how to resolve the issues revolving around the leadership within the organizations. The traditional ways of leading the organizations proves to fail, and new means are being created through innovation and adaptability (Laurie & Heifetz, 2003). The purpose of this paper is to consider the effective leadership, ethics in decision making, and the systems approach. Effective Leader in a Learning Organization The leader within the learning organization must be able to make distinctions between their authority and the need for learning (Laurie & Heifetz, 2003).... [tags: Economy, Educational System]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Looking back in time over the last 40 years even computers were huge, bulky, and unsightly. Few homes had them and individuals had no idea what capabilities could arise. After the evolution of the internet, and computers becoming more popular, physicians had been able to use these tools to improve the quality of patient care. However with the recent mandate the government has put on electronic health record systems (HER), one key objective is to optimize the use of Clinical Decision based support systems (CDSS).... [tags: electronic health record systems]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- Define the three primary types of decision-making systems, and explain how a customer of Actionly might use them to find business intelligence. The three primary types of decision-making systems are: the transactional support system, the management information system, and the decisions support system (FreeTutes.com, 2014). First, the transactional support system encompasses all of the information contained within a single business process or unit of work, and its primary purpose is to support the performing of daily operational or structured decisions.... [tags: transactional support, management information]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- ... 1) Hazards are assessed and risk are assigned in terms of probability and severity of adverse impact of an event/occurrence. This step considers the risk or likelihood of an event or incident adversely impacting operations, capabilities, people, equipment, or property. “What are the odds (probability) of something going wrong and what is the effect (severity) of the incident if it does occur?” 2) All participants should be aware of the following sub-steps involved with the Assess the Hazard Step 2: • Assess the probability of the event or occurrence.... [tags: regulations, policies, equipment]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- CHAPTER TWO, LITRATURE REVIEW 2.0 Literature review An extensive will focus on the variable under study hospitality information system and customer needs to future define and support a theoretical framework 2.1 Information system Information is the meaningful data in a right structure that present to the recipient. information inserts to knowledge and have related for the situation. Data become information when information alteration to Communicate meaning suggestion or knowledge, or conclusions.... [tags: Technology, Business, Informative]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Costing Systems Costing systems are part of the overall accounting system used by companies to measure sustainability performance and identify and account for expenditures accurately (Tatum, 2011). Three cost methods used as part of the decision-making process are Activity-based costing (ABC), Life-cycle costing (LCC), and Full cost accounting (FCA). The benefits and limitations of each in relation to sustainability efforts are examined. Analysis Comparison Traditional cost accounting methods were based on labor intensive industries consisting of no automation and minor product specialization or diversification (Emblemsvag, 2010).... [tags: Business Finance ]
928 words (2.7 pages)