When Willy goes through illusions of himself doing great it causes him to think of himself greatly, though his life is corrupted. While traveling all the time for work, Biff asked his father if some time may he attend? Willy’s response was “when I bring you, fellas it will be open sesame, I am well liked, and can park anywhere since cops protect it like their own” (Article 1, page. 31). Obviously, the cops in the city wouldn’t protect his car in the same way as, their own, but it symbolizes how well-liked Willy believes he is. The second example that followed with him imagining being endeared is “Willy Loman is here! After hearing that I go straight through” (Article 1, page.33). Willy isn’t the only person who has himself thinking he is a well-off person, as Linda helps him believe this too.
... middle of paper ...
...antasies he realized “who said I was ever a salesman for Oliver?” (Article 2, page. 106).
The novel Death of A Salesman was concerning a salesman of 40 years named Willy who was fond over his illusions in life and allowed it to affect his reality. His character shows how determined he was on believing his sons and the Loman family, in general, was special. One of Willy’s main points for his sons was being well-liked, that solved everything in life. An example of this is when Biff walked into the room to ask Willy for help with a teacher, and when talking about a joke he said all Willy wanted to know did the class laugh. When fantasizing about being special so much he was never really able to move on and have a healthy relationship with his children, but more importantly himself. That’s why when Willy lived in his illusions himself, job, and sons become his downfall.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Her repetition in the last line with the “get back, back, back to you” could suggest she is referring to getting back to her father and to her husband. However, here we can see an inkling of the way she truly feels about her father. If she really felt this extreme hate towards him, why would she want to kill herself in order to get back to her father. She either misses him a painstaking amount, or feels that she has dire unfinished business with him. She then adds to this by saying that her suicide attempt was unsuccessful.... [tags: Sylvia Plath, Poetry, Daddy]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- It wasn’t supposed to be like this. Life was good before he happened, now I’m standing over her body. Dead, my mind kept saying, she’s dead and there’s no point anymore. Her pale body was strewn across the bathroom floor and her once strikingly beautiful face was twisted into an odd expression of pain and peace. Her death was ruled a suicide, but I knew otherwise. Though she may have taken her own life, it was he that killed her. Before I document her death any further, I want you to know more about her, she wasn’t always like this, and there was time when a boy couldn’t even faze her.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, Debut singles]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Death. Death is all I see as I close my eyes. Faces covered in blood and the look of fear in their eyes as they realize that their end has come. I could feel their need for me to save them from the darkness. How am I going to be able to save them. How can this be my life. You see all this started long ago before I was even born. There was a powerful sorcerer who foretold that after the fall of the Empire a savior would be born through the mist of all the destruction. That one child will grow up to take back the kingdom and save it from the cruel rulings of King Damion.... [tags: English-language films, American films]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- “Why would he agree to that. He told you it wasn’t a good idea,” I blurted, frustrated. “Because I’m not here to just be your guardian. I’m here to warn you,” Jeremiel dropped the bomb. I laughed. I laughed so hard I fell on the ground, my arms holding my stomach. I could feel all their eyes on me. When I finally calmed down I looked at each of them. Anna’s face remained emotionless. Brie’s eyes held amusement in them, and there was a faint smile tugging at her lips. Jer looked annoyed. “Kalmiya, this is serious,” Jeremiel said, he almost sounded as if he was begging.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2008 singles, 2005 singles]
1680 words (4.8 pages)
- Yeah, but once upon a time, there was a hard working woman. When the sun just started rising, the birds began their first whistle; she had to leave the house and go to the farm working diligently until the sky is filled up and sparked by the stars. Yeah, but one day while working in the fields, she suddenly felt herself a little stunned, a bit uncomfortable, even dry throat like burned up by fire. So she hurried into the hut erected in the middle of fields, grab a water bottle to drink, but when she looked in the bottle.... [tags: Water, Spring, My Hometown, Snake River]
2801 words (8 pages)
- Grandpas Death Never take your family for granted. That is something that I did not once, but twice. The first time I ever experienced death with a close family member was with my aunt. I was only seven years old, so I had not even thought about death yet. It was my sisters 4th Birthday Party. We had all of our family members in our garage celebrating. I remember the birthday was Dora the Explorer themed. She had a Dora cake, and got many Dora themed gifts, including a purple and orange scooter.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Father, Mother]
1629 words (4.7 pages)
- Life or Death. - Original Writing That is the Question -------------------- “What you say we treat ourselves to a wild night out, honey?” “At this time it’s only 9 o’clock.” “Yeah, I mean later on, say 10 o’clock.” “Yeah sure, why not, at least that way I can show you what I’m made of.” “Alright, yeah sure.” “You go and get ready knowing beautiful girls like you take years to get ready.” “Shhhhh.” Hannah hurries off to get ready with her body full of energy and excitement, while her fiancé Ed has a feeling of fear going through his nerves and tries to sit down and relieve this fear.... [tags: Papers]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Speaking Death - Original Writing When we were younger I always used to ignore my brother Wayne’s shouts and screams. Now we are adults, and even though I try to ignore his yelling with all my might the sounds that emanate from his mouth still infiltrate into my mind. You would think that he was in pain. He was, I guess, in the pain of frustration, in the pain of being unable to speak. All the sounds he could ever make were screams and whines. Everyone pities people like that, including me of course.... [tags: Papers]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- Death Camp - Original Writing It all began when a group of old friends decided they wanted to go camping for the weekend. All they wanted was to have a laugh, get drunk and have good last memories of their time together before they went to university in different parts of the country. Camping seemed like a perfect way to say goodbye, or so they thought. Sitting around a warm campfire, toasting marshmellows and sharing memories, they would remember the good times and leave on a good note, the troubles of the past forgotten.... [tags: Papers]
505 words (1.4 pages)
- The Boy Who was Bullied to Death - Original Writing Sixteen-year-old Katie Shaw woke up breaking through layers of sleep. She had dreamed that she could hear the thumping of the heavy orange basketball her opposite neighbour and close friend used to play with everyday. But she was wrong her mind was playing tricks with her, six foot three inch Jordan Baker was eight foot under the ground buried one week two days ago. Jordan and Katie were best friends ever since nursery school, they went to the same high school and they both got a place at the same college.... [tags: Papers]
790 words (2.3 pages)