That car ride was the most terrible thing i’ve ever experienced. I remember them cramming all of my siblings and I in the back seat of a car. As the car came to a stop at the stoplight I hear strong banging on the window. Looking out I saw my mom with heavy tears in her eyes streaming. The social worker opened the window and demanded her to back away from the car, and if she followed the car she will be arrested. That was the day I thought that I would never see my mother again. As she slowly backs away from the car, we took off, there wasn’t a word said to her. Having confusion and frustration floating around my head, believing that I will never see my mother again, hot tears rise to my eyes. Closing my eyes, thinking that when I wake I would be in my bed and nothing happened.
Waking up led to disappointment, I arrived to a brick building that seems to be a old daycare cente...
... middle of paper ...
...it was so fast because I didn’t have much to pack and also how excited I was to leave that terrible place. Granted that it wasn’t the worst place to live, but I don’t think that it was as inviting as it is. As all of my belongs were packed, we all were excited to leave, but what happens when we leave, will we be able to visit with my mom? When will be the next time I will see her? As all of these questions flew through my mind, I had to stay focused on what I was doing next. Moving in with a wonderful family that is willing to keep me safe and help me stay on track with my academics. Am I going to miss her? Sure I will but there’s nothing that I can change. It’s whether she decided to change and make things right between her and her children. I know my life is going to take me far as long as I stay persistent with my education and knowing who I am through my journey.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... You Do Not Go Somewhere Special Non-dates happen spontaneously without the need to plan it meticulously. He just invites you to hang out with him to the usual spot where you and your other friends go out for food and drinks. The main difference between a non-date and a romantic date is that romantic dates are usually carefully planned by the person who invites you out. Moreover, a romantic date usually takes place somewhere special like a formal diner, a concert of your favorite artist, or a new cool cafe that targets couples.... [tags: disappointment, confusion and embarrassment]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- The line between reality and illusion is often blurred in Arthur Miller’s play, Death of a Salesman. Whether it is incorporated in the content or the actual structure, this struggle between recognizing reality from illusion turns into a strong theme; it eventually leads to the downfall of Willy and his family. Willy is incapable of recognizing who he is, and cannot realize that he, as well as his sons, is not capable of being successful in the business world. Happy and Biff both go through some battle between reality and illusion that cause a collapse in some part of their lives.... [tags: Arthur Miller]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Hamlet, a play written by William Shakespeare, is one of his most widely know plays and contains the famous “To be or not to be” quote. Hamlet’s first soliloquy, “Too, too solid flesh”, presents the audience with Hamlet’s innermost feelings. The soliloquy displays Hamlet’s disapproval and grief, over his mother’s remarriage and his father’s death, through the use of diction and tone. The lines open up with Hamlet complaining about life and trying to justify his suicidal thoughts. Shakespeare: “O that this too solid flesh would melt thaw and resolve itself into a dew”(I.ii.129-130).... [tags: suicide, juxtaposition, kingdom]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- In the 17th and 18th centuries it was known for men to have complete power over everything and most writings from that time gave evidence to that. It was also quite common for a man to speak in vulgar language about sexual encounters but it was considered scandalous and wrong if a woman was to do the same. In Aphra Behn’s The Disappointment, she challenges all of that by using romance and sexuality to modify the differing views of power in relation to gender roles. At the end of the first stanza Behn says, “And left no light to guide the world, But what from Cloris ' brighter eyes was hurled” (Stanza 1, Line 9-10), what Behn is illustrating is that even though it seems that Lysander has all... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior, Woman]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- The war in Vietnam is without a doubt an outlier in comparison to every other U.S. war, specifically as the only war that the U.S. has ever lost. Losing the war may have been a direct result of a draft that placed young men in Vietnam, many of whom had absolutely no personal goals other than survival. This sets the scene for Going After Cacciato and its main character Paul Berlin. The book is told in the form of three stories. Sixteen chapters are a narrative of the real war, focusing on the deaths of the men in Berlin’s squadron, another ten chapters depict a single full night when Berlin decides to take the whole watch rather than wake up one of his companions, and the other twenty chapter... [tags: Vietnam War, US War, World History]
1387 words (4 pages)
- The desire for freedom comes with a price and disappointment. In “The Story of an Hour” reflects in the characterization (Mrs. Mallard) whose growing awareness that life without her husband might be more liberating than life with him. As the story unfolds, the calamity of news was brought to Mrs. Mallard of the railroad disaster. The idea of Freedom and Disappointment has been projected in a way that gives a reader the understanding about marriage and emotional regression, confinement, time and freedom.... [tags: English-language films, Emotion, Life, Mind]
1716 words (4.9 pages)
- Enough is enough. After 18 years of lame excuses and inaction, it is time for the international community to penalize Indonesia for the recurrent haze problem from forest fires. It is clear by now that domestic, regional and global responsibility is not a priority for the Indonesian government. Background/cause Since the late 1990s, forest fires have been an annual occurrence in Indonesia, home to the world’s largest palm oil industry. It is a lucrative business which accounts for about 11% of the country’s export earnings.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Climate change, Carbon dioxide]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Affirmative, Bartleby should but Bartleby only completes task on his on incentive, not others demand. This confuses the reader bringing entertainment, while keeping the reader reading, until the end. This constant refusal, from Bartleby, to complete any task, is impolite as well as bizarre. Bartleby works as a scrivener and refuses to do any duties of a scrivener. Nevertheless, this is not the only bizarre behavior Bartleby displays. Bartleby sleeps in the office at night; normal people go home and sleep in beds, not at offices.... [tags: behavior, diet, relationships]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Disappointment in The Story of an Hour "The Story of an Hour" is a short story in which Kate Chopin, the author, presents an often unheard of view of marriage. Published in the late eighteen hundreds, the oppressive nature of marriage in "The Story of an Hour" may well be a reflection of, though not exclusive to, that era. Mrs. Louise Mallard, Chopin's main character, experiences the exhilaration of freedom rather than the desolation of loneliness after she learns of her husband's death.... [tags: Story Hour essays]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Concusion " Ding , Ding, Ding." School had just ended. My butt had been just freed from the oppression of that chair for the rest of my life. Never again was I planning to sit down in Mr. Dicksons room again. But that was the least of my concerns. Because, today I couldn't wait to get riding on the Bike trails. These were old paths of a railroad track that had jumps built on them. By the time I got out to the bikeracks and met my friends, we were exhilerated. "To the bike trails?" I asked.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
973 words (2.8 pages)