The presence of color in our world is wonder most of us enjoy. Daytripper is a rare flower even by comic book standards; this is because they use a colorist Dave Stewart. What Stewart adds to the experience of Daytripper is the realism of life. Color is the way most of the world experiences their day and one of the most colorful countries in the world is Brazil. The bright vibrant colors of Brazil are subtly captured by Stewart. The bright blue of the waters off Salvador (Moon and Ma 40-42) add to the richness of Bras’ experiences with Olinda since the color blue symbolizes freedom and new beginnings. The freedom of the blue is mixed in with great use of orange especially in the many scenes were Bras can be seen at dusk. Orange (Moon and Ma 36) is related to energy without aggression. This energy is easily seen in Bras he is calm, cool, and collected but has this vibrant energy around him like his father did on ...
... middle of paper ...
...e because it too changes. At first Bras feels like his father cared little for him (Moon and Ma 13) since he forgot his birthday. However it changes at the actual end of his life when he gets a letter from his father (Moon and Ma 242) in which his father expresses his love to his son and what it means to be a father. These evolving relationships are the last in an exquisite set of characteristics that make this book a wonderful addition to the English department.
The English department would be fools not to add this to their required readings because of it unlikely combination of art and storytelling. The masterful use of color to engage the reader while adding meaning is magnificent. The unique plot elements make it enjoyable as well as being insightful. Both these elements help to make the question more interesting: What are the most important days of your life?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Our lives are made up of many good and bad moments. Sometimes life can be complicated. It can start before were ready and continues even when we are still trying to figure who we are and what we want, but even those moments are worth living because there are many more important moments filled with happiness, laughter, and love. However some people spend their life with fears and don’t learn to enjoy the important moments of their lives. The book Daytripper explains the life a man, by the name Brás de Olivas.... [tags: Anxiety, Emotion, Life, Meaning of life]
1804 words (5.2 pages)
- The field I am writing about is astronomy. Scientist has recently revealed secrets about the moon that had gone unanswered for billions of years. NASA sent the LUNAR CRATER observation and sensing satellite otherwise known as LCROSS to the moon on October 9th, 2009. LCROSS uncovered water in the Cabeus cater near the moons south pole. The moon has many secrets and LCROSS will aid NASA in uncovering, discovering, and decoding theses secrets. Data from other LCROSS instruments are being analyzed for additional information about the materials at the impact sight.... [tags: Astronomy, moon, ]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- In the Shadow of the Moon is a film about the most beautiful and incredible adventure in human history. It narrates the story of 12 fortunate American men who were able to walk upon the moon surface. They were the first human beings to stand on another world. The film reveals the astronauts experiences and memories for stepping on the moon. They share their stories, feelings, toughs and joy for stepping on the moon and travel through space. The film also portrays the beautiful scenes of the earth and the moon taken from space.... [tags: Apollo 11, Neil Armstrong, Moon, Apollo program]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Gabriel Fallopius was one of the most noteworthy and respected Italian anatomists of the sixteenth century. He was known as many things during his life time. Although, to this day, he is well known for many of the great discoveries he encountered. During his lifetime of the 16th century, many people didn’t know much about the inside of today’s reproductive system, how they looked like, or what they were. Gabriel Fallopius inspired so many of his students to continue researching in the medical field who later became famous medical professionals.... [tags: Gabriel Fallopius, Anatomists, history, ]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- According to official U.S. Government documents, the Apollo thirteen mission to the moon was successful in landing a man on the moon and bringing them back to Earth. NASA has released various documents and footage of the event as proof that the rocket, Saturn IV, left Earth crewed by Aldrin, Collins, and Armstrong, on its course to orbit the moon and finally touchdown on the lunar surface (NASA 3). The broadcast of said event was aired live all over the world with an estimated 530 million people watching the touchdown of the lunar module (NASA 2).... [tags: Apollo 11, Moon, Apollo program, Neil Armstrong]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- The year before the moon landing, 1968, was one of the most violent and bitter years for American citizens. From the war in Vietnam to the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Americans had begun to lose faith in their divided nation. With the activist riots in Chicago over preventing the election of Lyndon B. Johnson’s Vice-President, Hubert Humphrey, America was filled social unrest until the next year. In 1969, the uplifting broadcast of Neil Armstrong landing safely on the moon had given confirmation that America could still rise from the distress and achieve greatness.... [tags: moon, john f kennedy]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Effects of the Moon Walk On July 21, 1969 three men impacted the world in a big way. Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin were not the first men to travel in space but they were the first to walk on the moon. Eight years previously, President John F. Kennedy made a speech to the people of the United States that it should be a national goal to put a man on the moon by the end of the decade. During the Cold War the United States and the Soviet Union were a “who’s bigger and better” contest with each other and space exploration was a part of that.... [tags: moon landing, connection, people]
1463 words (4.2 pages)
- Me and the Moon Music has always been a crucial part of the way society views the world. Some songs have hidden messages that can change’s one’s life and opinions. Today many songs become popular without having meaning. Something Corporate is a fairly new band, which sings, “Konstanine”, “You’re gone”, “Only Ashes”, and “Me and the Moon”. Being a new band in the music scene, they have caught many listeners attention through their lyrics. One of their more interesting songs is, “Me and the moon”.... [tags: Something Corporate Me and the Moon Essays]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- War affects everyone involved - the conquerors and those being conquered. War is a struggle that is internal and external. Man can be a dedicated and loyal soldier for only so much at a time. He then longs for laughter, music, girls, a good meal and more. In The Moon is Down, the soldiers feel the need to return home. They begin to doubt what they are doing and if they are being told the truth. They become uneasy when the enemy doesn't talk to them. The townspeople's hatred is growing. They remained indoors and stared from behind curtains while the patrol walked through the town.... [tags: Moon is Down Essays]
1883 words (5.4 pages)
- “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” It was July 20 1969, the day that reshaped our nation and gave us unparalleled dreams for the future. The impact of the day goes far beyond our pride and nationalism; that day would change space exploration and technology forever. Just like a shooting star, that day would give us a glimpse of hope. A chance to see an event so breathtaking and defying, it would be man’s greatest accomplishment in the 20th century. As millions of people watched from their TV sets, a rush of euphoria came over the nation as Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the surface of the moon.... [tags: Space Program Moon Space Race]
1247 words (3.6 pages)