Maybe wanting to get married so quickly wasn’t such a good idea after all. It had been her idea to have the wedding quickly and try for a baby right away. Having another great-grandchild was all Pop could talk about.
She made her way into the kitchen to find Pop standing by the coffeepot, waiting for it to finish brewing. “Morning, Pop.” She kissed him on the cheek. “You ready for the big day?”
“Yep, I’m ready. Question is, are you?” His eyes crinkled as his grin spread over his mouth.
“Yes, I am. I’m so excited. I can’t believe the day is finally here. I’m glad you’re going to walk me down the aisle. I know you’re not crazy about being around so many people, but it means a lot to me.” Anne grabbed a cup from the cabinet and poured hot water from the teakettle into her cup, before taking a teabag from the covered container.
He turned and held his arms out. “You’re the only granddaughter I have. I hate getting dressed up and going to a church, but I’ve waited a long time for this day. Like I’ve said before, I’m getting a grandson-in-law and a great granddaughter today. Who wouldn’t be happy? I love you, girl.”
She moved into his warm arms and gave him a big hug. “I love you, too. We’re both lucky. I feel like she’s my little girl, even though I didn’t give birth to her. How lucky can I get?” She sighed. “I’m just a little worried.”
Pop pushed her ba...
... middle of paper ...
...irt. Mavy turned and scurried into the living room. Kyle started whistling as he made his way to Pop’s room. He knocked softly. “Pop. You up yet? Anne is making breakfast.”
The door opened and Pop shuffled out, his mouth open in a huge yawn. “Did I oversleep? What time is it?”
“Eight. You did sleep in a little bit. Melanie must have worn you out last night. I warned you she could play for hours.”
“Well, we were really into that Junior Monopoly game. She was teaching me as we were playing.” He snorted. “She’s very devious, that one. Won all my money.”
“Well, we used to play it almost every night. So I tried teaching her how to be strategic and smart about purchasing houses and land.”
“She’s awfully good at it for such a little girl. Never thought about it being a teaching game. Good move, Kyle.” Pop patted his shoulder as he continued his slow shuffle to the kitchen.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It 's my wedding day, and I 've overslept. There 's no time for primping, or even showering. I roll on deodorant, throw my gown over my head and run to the church. When I arrive, my dress is speckled with mud. The organist has settled in the choir loft; the guests are nestled in their pews. The photographer must have overslept, too, because my dad is pressing a distant relative with a disposable camera into service. I refuse to accept the gravity of the situation, opting instead to repeat the refrain that has soothed me countless times over these seven months of planning: "Everything will be just fine." I peer down the aisle.... [tags: Wedding, White wedding, Wedding dress, Dresses]
1858 words (5.3 pages)
- Maribelle woke up to the realization that tomorrow will be her wedding day. She had been so focused on Harry that she forgot to act like a proper fiancé. She also needed to find the killer by the end of the night. She only had a few hours or Harry’s death would be labeled as a suicide. Liam had told Niall that the church refused to bury Harry since everyone was told that Harry killed himself. Maribelle needed to show that her true love was not that kind of person. Maribelle ate her breakfast on the outside porch overlooking the field.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, KILL, 2006 singles]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Say Cheese Pictures, I have heard they say a thousand words, but I did not know that this saying would come into play while looking through my wedding album. Many thoughts crossed my mind as I viewed these pictures of my past. Although, I did not send out invitations, many people felt free to come and share in this special event. I was blessed to have all of my family to share this special moment. My husband to be looked like he was the happiest man in the world. Unfortunately, I looked at my photo it seemed as though no one could see i was dreading this occasion.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Husband, Wife]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- The day of the wedding finally arrived with everything moving smoothly, and everyone going about their business except Anne, who missed Melanie being underfoot. Kyle insisted on taking her to his house last night, saying he didn’t want to tempt fate. To top it off, Kyle’s mother had insisted on coming over to help Anne get ready. She didn’t know his mother and hadn’t seen her in years. Maybe wanting to get married so quickly wasn’t such a good idea after all. It had been her idea to have the wedding quickly and try for a baby right away.... [tags: Debut albums, Mother, 2007 singles, Family]
8598 words (24.6 pages)
- The next question I asked was, describe how the main wedding day works. He gave a very elaborate answer that made me feel like I was actually there. He described it as, “The marital process of the Gujarati culture is very long, complex process. It all starts with the groom’s side partying and dancing their way to the site of the marriage, where they are welcomed by the bride and her family. Then, the groom makes his way to the altar and is welcomed by the bride’s eldest sibling and spouse, who then conduct certain religious prayers until the bride arrives.... [tags: Marriage, Arranged marriage, Anthropology]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- 'Getting married is the most important day of your life and Bali Villa Weddings and Events has said they will make it the most spectacular day of your life with their unique wedding packages. ' Immediate Release: 10th December 2013. When it comes to getting married every bride dreams of having that special day that she will never forget, and of course every couple deserves to have that one special day that will be remembered for the rest of their lives, but Bali Vila Weddings and Events will go that one step further, they will provide that special wedding day that not only will the bride and groom remember for their rest of her life, all their family and friends will never forget it either.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, White wedding, Wedding dress]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- A Memorable Wedding Many little girls dream of their big fairytale wedding with a prince charming of their own. We all have watched and grown up with the classic Disney movies that not only entertain children, but are influenced by what we see. I am guilty of wanting the fairytale wedding, big puffy gown, sparkles, handsome husband and our happily ever after. But what you don’t see is how much time and energy is put into creating your own fairytale wedding. After many months of planning and preparation for this day I was excited, nervous and anxious to carry on with the day that symbolized a new beginning with the love of my life.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Wedding, Husband]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Your friend just announced she is getting married -- again. What could you possibly give someone who has everything. If the bride or groom-to-be has been married before, they probably already have at least some of the traditional registry items. They may have a blender, a coffee maker, a tea kettle. For a second wedding, the guest list may be quite limited -- just family and very close friends. There may not be a bridal shower or traditional engagement party, so the opportunity to give the couple a gift might seem remote.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Family, Alimony]
711 words (2 pages)
- What I know and What I Want to Find Out "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Weddings are when two people vow to each other come together, I have been dreaming and planning mine since I was 10 years old. I thought weddings were a celebration and just full of fun, but to get there you have to go through all the planning and the getting ready. Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress, (two of my favorite wedding shows), have taught me a lot about all the different weddings and how they are set up.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, Want, English-language films]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- The Wedding Project One of the most significant days in a person's life is her wedding day. To ensure that such a momentous event goes off without a hitch, appropriate planning is required. And when it comes to wedding planning, picking one's partner could very well be the easiest of all the planning decisions to make. Months will be spent prior to the wedding researching vendors, comparing products and prices, meeting with photographers, hotel managers, and many more wedding vendors to determine how to save costs on each wedding item (Hammond, 2007).... [tags: Planning Wedding Organization]
1128 words (3.2 pages)