So, if you want something, do it when they are young. What is it going to hurt? They are going to see those people and say; look they are going to college and don’t you want to be like them. You will see them, but they don’t know that they are going to be gone already. But, I didn’t know exactly what I was getting myself into, I just thought that it was something for the kids.
Interviewer: Was it both you and your husband that went every week?
Interviewer: Then the kids went to the college campus.
Interviewer: Do you remember the most important things that you took away from the program? You mentioned that its continuous and college is the next step.
Crystal: That and that there are so many scholarships out there for minorities and all you have to do is look for them. I remember a girl that said; there are billions of dollars given back because people don’t know about that scholarship and they don’t apply for it and they have to give that money back. So, why not give it to you and so I thought, I can 't afford it, so give it to me. That is mainly what I am like.
I liked it so they can go to college and I don’t have to pay for it and worry about them not being able to go because I can 't afford it. I don’t want that and if that is what they want, you want to give your kids the bes...
... middle of paper ...
Interviewer: Tell me a little bit about job histories and what you have done.
Crystal: I don’t work. I am disabled; from when I got meningitis in 2002, and I have Lupus so, I have never worked. My husband has worked in construction and nothing is ever steady. So, he is a foreman now, so he has moved up and he is over there. He never went to college. I have done, what is it called when you don’t go to an actual college, I went to that thing is 9 months and I am doctor now –
Interviewer: Like a vocational.
Crystal: So, I went to school to be a medical assistant and then I was a medical assistant. So, I did medical assistant for two years before I got sick. Then once I got sick, I couldn’t do it anymore and they said that I am not able to work anymore, so I have been home.
Interviewer: So, did both of you go through Sunnyside schools?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Plant and Facilities Cycle Tours of Ashland will be located at 58 Winburn Way in Ashland, Oregon. The location is across from Lithia Park in downtown Ashland. The location was chosen because of its close proximity to heavily tourist populated areas. The building is 1,393 square feet which includes a main building and a patio with a smaller building (Zillow.com, n.d.). The patio area is closed off from the sidewalk and will be used to store the bicycles. The small building near the patio will be used in summer months as the front counter for sales.... [tags: Jackson County, Oregon]
1643 words (4.7 pages)
- ... From the zero point to Vancouver city just took one month. The story behind this flash moment I kind of did everything without asking my parents, just take my passport and the paper that I need to get school acceptance and Visa approval, and apply. Back home we have some offices that take care of everything you need to get your visa and school paper done. Couple weeks later I got all what I need and then I called a “family meeting” and surprised them by saying “I am going to Canada to complete my study there”.... [tags: tours, countries, culture]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- * Holiday Time Tour: This tour is an annual favorite among visitors. Wal through the park and hear Disnyland holiday traditions and tales from around the world. Guests will be able to ride the seasonal attractions such as the Small World Holiday. There will also be special seating for a Christmas Fantasy Parade and a collectible pin. It is possible to make same-day bookings on a walkup basis but it is best to make advanced reservations through th e Disney phone line at (714)7810TOUR. Hurry and make arrangements now.... [tags: family tours]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- The afternoon of July 10th, my birthday, was bright, cheerful, and balmy with the fresh warmth of a full-summer day. The flowers were blossoming exuberantly and the grass was sumptuously green. The rhythmical scratch and slap of leather soles smacked on concrete block. The rich aroma of creamy cheese coming from the cheese stores and the fresh scent of delicious freshly baked bread made me convinced that Paris is my dream country. I walked along the sidewalk, smelling the rich and creamy scent of cheeses so strong you could almost taste it.... [tags: dream, paris, theif, dinseyland]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- I usually write a piece for Memorial Day. I didn’t write one this year because I had written a memorial piece just this past Veteran’s Day. But, within minutes of last week’s item posting on May 30, three things happened that made me regret my decision. First, I received word that a fellow Vietnam veteran had died a few days before. Then, I received a Memorial Day ecard from another friend. And, third, between May 31 and June 4, emails from regular readers filled my inbox wanting to know why I had not written one.... [tags: Patriotism]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Americans. To those families and especially my parents I thank you for understanding and standing with us. This day belongs to you as well. The hallmark of being a veteran is service and sacrifice. We meet here today to honor and pay tribute to those who have served and those who continue to serve. They who serve that we may enjoy the best America has to offer; FREEDOM AND PEACE AT HOME. Those who choose to serve in the ranks of our military do so voluntarily. Some first join to help pay for school.... [tags: Military]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Kealia Ranch was originally founded in 1914 by L.L. McCandless as McCandless Ranch. Comprised of nearly 60,000 acres of scarcely developed fee simple and leased lands by 1939, the ranch was left to L.L.’s three grandchildren at the time of his passing in 1940. Ranching operations continued for the next forty years while slowly developing roads, installing water systems, pipelines, and creating additional paddocks (enclosed pastures). Prior to the development of lands, the ranch was a wild cattle operation baring no roads or fences.... [tags: Cattle ranching in Hawaii]
1832 words (5.2 pages)
- Just Another Veteran's Day My grandmother and I stopped in DC before we met up with my parents to go on a trip. The fact that we were there on Veteran's Day was only a coincidence. True to my historically disinterested generation, the crowds of people as we left the hotel to walk towards the mall perplexed me. Only momentarily, of course; the hundreds of predominantly middle-aged men, defiantly strutting, proudly adorning their wheelchairs and various prosthetics, required little introduction and less explanation.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essay Example]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- In today’s society, it is hard to know someone who another person can look up to as a hero. It takes a special quality and person for others to know they can look up to and follow without worrying about being lead astray. The modern day hero I have chosen is someone who not only is willing to lay his life down for another, but also is willing to fight for everyone’s freedom. James A. Miller Jr. is that modern day hero; he is a Staff Sergeant in the United States Marine Corp. For the last year, he has been overseas fighting for not only the lives of all Americans, but he is also trying to free the Iraqi Government and people.... [tags: essays research papers]
1038 words (3 pages)
- “When your passion and purpose are greater than your fears and excuses, you will find a way” When I was researching quotes about achieving goals and dreams, I was confused on what to choose. Each quote has a different way of saying “no matter who you are, where you are from or what you do is important, it is within you that you have to admit to a goal and visualize how and when you can complete it.” I do have to agree that this is what I thought at the beginning when I made a list of goals, but there is life situation that rise and make us crumble down to the bottom.... [tags: Anxiety, Fear, High school, Week-day names]
1032 words (2.9 pages)