On the fourteenth day of October 2008 year of my life, I was a frustrated fellow. I woke up to heart breaking news about losing my best confidant friend, and at a tender age of fifteen. At first, it was not a realizable incident; there was no way I was going to accept that degree of collateral damage of losing the only thing that I knew for the past decade of my life. It later dawned on me that it was an event that I had zero controls over and as such, there was no way that I was going to reverse the condition. Denial of her saddened set in that moment and it pained me that I hadn’t been there for her as a friend when she needed me most, or at least realized that there was something amiss in her of late.
Ever since her demise, my life has taken a turn for the better in trying to understand what event led to such decisions that she took. Sarah was a year older than me and we shared the same everything. She came to be a person that saw anything and everything even before I saw it coming. Therefore, I embraced her opinions and suggestions. She was my angel always being there for me. Talking to her was a prayer to God; free of judgment supportive loving and assuring were characters that put her in the lime light, shining to the full brim. I remembered we used to spend every piece of our childhood time together. When it stormed, we curdled together under the bed always encouraging ourselves that the storm will come to pass. At happy hour, we found joy in riding our identical bikes down five blocks and playing hide and seek in my dad’s garage, these memories are so hard to delete from my memory. When they burn in my brain, it hurts that I know I will never live to see these moments again.
... middle of paper ...
...y view on how I viewed her death. In the note, she explained that she took out her life for the better good of her family. She hoped that by committing suicide, her family will reunite and dad will stop the fighting. Also, the community will learn from this and know that much as such events occur with the assumption that kids are not aware of what is happened, they are fully aware of everything. To keep her alive in my heart, I decided to carry on her legacy by talking to many people. I have been able to start a small club that is reaching out to many families encouraging them to embrace peace. I will get a sponsorship for a guidance and counseling club for the school; specifically adopted in memory of Sarah. Sure enough, I will live to create a room for my best friend and mentor in my heart till I depart from this earth. In my prayers, I will ask for her mercy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I remember an old saying my mother used to tell me, “Never say never”. Is this true. I would have never expected this to be true till something happened to me that changed my life till this very day. Growing up I was oddly very cold hearted. I guess I was never the gurly girl always crying after a finger nail broke or the kind of person that wore her heart on her sleeve. I would always keep things to myself and let it be the day someone saw me cry. Most people just thought I wasn’t human. Crying wasn’t something I was used to but I didn’t know one instance would make me shed oceans.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Today, I look back through vague but wonderful memories, memories of childhood, memories my mother and I share. I remember playing games, cards and putting together puzzles which I still have stored in my attic. Did you ever know that "I Love Lucy" reruns were on at 3: 00 a.m.. On occasion I would run downstairs and wake my mom, who already knew that I had had a bad dream, and we 'd watch together. She was very comforting. She showed alot of affection not only for me, but also for my sister. Both of us have experienced the same happiness our mother brought to our lives.... [tags: Mother, 2007 singles, Multiple sclerosis]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- My Best Friend Died Dr. Munter's comments: The purpose of this assignment was to relate an event that changed the direction of your life. Not only does this student successfully accomplish this task, he does it with a certain amount of understatement. The instruction “to show, not tell” is beautifully and subtly completed. There is also a nice balance of long and short sentences, unusual similes, and the sense that the author allows the reader to view this event through the eyes of an eight-year-old.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
690 words (2 pages)
- My Best Friend It was raining the day Mark Turner died. On a dark, rainy summer night, he foolishly got in the passenger side of a 1998 midnight blue Eclipse. His 19 year old cousin Sam, was the driver, and Sam had a little too much to drink that night. At about three in the morning, they were leaving a party that one of Sam's friends threw. They were rushing home, because they already had missed curfew by two hours. Not aware of his surroundings, Sam carelessly got on the wrong side of the road.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Darkness be my friend Title: Darkness Be My Friend Author: John Marsden Publisher: Pan Macmillan Publishers Publishing Date: 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden’s series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, This book is in which seven teenagers are in the middle of a violent war. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie go camping to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote valley surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness be my Friend]
1066 words (3 pages)
- There is always a clear before and after moment in every person’s life. For some, it could be something as simple as getting their braces off and gaining self-esteem they never thought they had. For others, it could be having a child and finding a higher purpose in life through that child. Regardless of the event, there is usually something that changes a person forever—for better or worse. A lot of these events seem to revolve around God or spirituality or someone finding a path to God. Personally, I have never found a path to God and don’t know whether or not I ever will.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
2237 words (6.4 pages)
- On May 31st 2013, my best friend and I almost lost our lives. It started off normal just like any other day, my best friend Aundria had come back to Santa Cruz with me and my mom since she lives in San Jose and we were excited for the fun weekend we had planned ahead. That Friday night Aundria and I decided that it would be cool to take my mom’s car out for a spin, so we planned to sneak out through my bedroom window and to take the car. So we waited for my mom to fall asleep then we put the pillows under our blankets and shut off all the lights, and made our way out the window and to her car.... [tags: Automobile, English-language films, Travis Barker]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Death, violence, and love were the three main components of my life. The love of money, cars, clothes, sex, and girls was what I lived for. But the love of attention cost me everything. The love to be in the “spotlight” and the love to have everything I wanted, everything that I thought I needed. But that is what cost me everything. The attention, the sex, the money, the cars, all of these things brought upon the violence and the deaths. These “loves” cost me the one person that I ever truly loved the most and the best out of everything.... [tags: Original Writing, Creative Writing]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- Not There I stare at you across the room I see your warming face I try to see the inside you hide Your feelings I try to embrace I realize as I look at you As I just sit and stare I can see you perfectly clear But for some reason you're not there I see your eyes, I see your face But yet I can not see Your loving inside that you had I can't see your personality I realize how much that you have changed How you don't seem to care I stare at you across the room But yet you are not there I knew someday it would have to end I knew eventually I would have to go back to calling you friend It's killing me that now that day has come If it's for the best then where is this pain from I know deep insi... [tags: essays research papers]
600 words (1.7 pages)