It was on a Christmas vacation trip to Texas that I met him not knowing he would forever be the love of my life. He was sixteen, about to turn seventeen in the next three days, and I was fourteen. At first we didn’t really notice each other because it wasn’t important yet. For some reason the whole actual vacation trip is a blur, but not this. Not the day I met him.
That day started with an invitation from my cousin and her mother. They were going to go visit my cousin’s grandmother and well there was not much to do that day at my grandparent’s house. If we didn’t go out that day, the plan was to sit around and munch on tamales the whole day.
My cousin wasn’t so happy about visiting her grandmother, but she was excited about seeing her other girl cousins’ from her dad’s side of the family. So we got ready and left to my cousin’s grandma’s house. We arrived at her grandma’s house and didn’t immediately go in, because two of her aunts were outside sitting and they began to converse with my cousin’s mother about family things. So we stood outside next to my aunt for a while. While we were standing there I noticed some guys skateboarding and asked my cousin if she knew them. My cousin told me they were her cousins Eric, Joey, and Ozzie. Then my cousin’s girl cousins noticed she had arrived through the window of one of the bedrooms from inside my cousin’s grandma’s house. They immediately rushed outside and pulled us into the house and took us into one of the rooms.
We just ‘chilled,’ talked, and listened to music for a while. We watched some parody music videos that my cousin and her cousin, EV, made. They were so hilarious. I didn’t know my cousin had this talent.
My aunt went to go get us from the room because her ...
... middle of paper ...
...went on and on about what had happened throughout her day and her annoyances, because she had been bored. Finally, she got to the point of the call.
“Well my brother thinks you’re cute too and he wants your number.”
I was so excited and I couldn’t believe it.
“Okay, um.” I totally went blank and got nervous.
Then I heard his voice.
“Hey,” he said, “so you think I’m cute?”
My cousin giggled and I couldn’t let go of my nervousness.
“Um, so, yeah…”
It was obvious I could not converse.
This was just the start. We eventually dated or at least talked a lot over the phone. We ended up having a long distance relationship because we lived three hours away from each other. Yes, he didn’t live in Texas, he was just on vacation too. He is the most beautiful memory I have of love. The day I met him I knew he would be my love forever, even though today we are not together.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My first day at college had a great meaning to me. It was the beginning of my dream to go to college and to pursue a higher education.I had so many emotions running trough me , it was the first time being in this level and the first time paying for education myself. I always wanted to be a college student, a serious student who would decide what to be in her life. The first day at Truman College was on August 25th, 2005. The first year of my freshman year and Fall semester. That day I had so many things on my mind, from what I was going to wear to figure out where the class number and the floor it would be located at.... [tags: college, ESL,]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Everything a child hears, sees, watches, eats and drinks affects them. The most important of all is the environment a child grows up in. The environment they grow up in shapes a child’s personality and behavior. For most children they do not have a choice but to grow up in the environment of a day care. Some children have no choice but to go to day care, because it’s a parent’s only choice. The children would wake up every day and leave their mother to go to daycare for more than eight hours a day.... [tags: Day care, Childcare, Psychology, Babysitting]
2828 words (8.1 pages)
- I first met my dad on September 15th, 1997. The day was rainy and unusually cold for that time of the year however the room inside the Newton Community hospital was encompassed in warmth. I was my parents third child and as my two elder siblings waited, too young to understand the significance of birth, I was passed from the nurse to my mother and than finally to my father. Almost 18 years later the arms that my father use to hold me in as an infant have now fostered pain, joy, anger, compassion, sadness, vulnerability, but more importantly love.... [tags: Mother, Father, Family, Love]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- The Romans helped me get to where I am today. Without the Romans I may never have obtained a degree, seen the world and met my wife. On a crisp fall day in northern Vermont I was making my almost daily trip along U.S. route 2. The Romans could have built a better passage than the one I traveled several times a week between Michelle and school. Michelle, now my wife, helped me see that the path I was taking would not lead to an end point. She was a travel nurse from Philadelphia and I could tell at our first meeting she was not from Vermont.... [tags: wife, marriage,]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- Sandra Day O'Connor, A Great Woman Sandra Day O'Connor was born on March 26th, 1930 in El Paso, Texas. She is one of the greatest women in history, at least that's what I think. She is a role model and an unforgettable person. She is well known as the first female Supreme Court Justice. She is presently alive. Sandra Day O'Connor's parents are Harry A. Day and Ada Mae (Wilkey) Day. Her grandparents are Mamie Scott Wilkey and Willis Wilkey, and Henry Clay Day and Alice Day. Sandra's siblings are Alan and Ann.... [tags: Biography Review Sandra Day O'Connor]
1635 words (4.7 pages)
- Breaking rules is what makes humans learn. This is what David Levithan interpreted in his 322-page fictional novel, Every Day. David Levithan uses characterization, vivid imagery, and irony to convey to readers that systems don’t follow rules. Every Day, a 322-page fictional novel by David Levithan takes place in Maryland. In the novel, Every Day, there are protagonists, and antagonists. The novel’s protagonist goes by the name A, and Rhiannon. The antagonists are Nathan, and Justin. Throughout the novel readers learn that A is not an ordinary human being.... [tags: Every Day, David Levithan]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- My parents met in college. They frequented the same circle of friend and had a non-serious relationship, broke up and went their separate ways. Years later, while working in different departments of the same company, hey rekindled their relationship and got married. Though my parents complete each other on various levels, they are quite the opposite in terms of wardrobe and teaching style. In fact, a weekday in my parents’ world is waking up, taking turns showering and then comes the dressing. On one hand, My Dad is laid back.... [tags: Mother, Parent, Family, Father]
714 words (2 pages)
- Why I chose this poem: I chose Break of day in the trenches because in the title and the first few lines of the poem, it paints a mental image of the beginning of another horrible day at war. The poet compares the war from a seemingly unimportant rat’s perspective. Another reason I chose this poem was that upon reading a biography of the poet, I realised that he had lived in South Africa for nearly two years. Biography of Isaac Rosenberg Isaac Rosenberg was born on 25 November, 1890. He was Jewish and was born in Bristol.... [tags: poem analysis, horrible day]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- I stood there in amazement. A tingle surged throughout my whole body. It was a rush of excitement I had never felt before in my life. When my eyes hit her angelic little body, they froze and I couldn't think or acknowledge anything else around me. The world seemed to stop, hold its place in time, just for that perfect moment. While she slept I stared at this precious little angel. My hands quivered as I slowly reached down to touch her little fingers and feel the softness of her skin. I ran the tips of my fingers very gently across her smooth face, and right away, I fell in love.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Examples]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- HICQUITAS: Hey..Sorry. My computer keeps freezing on me and then shuts off, it's so stupid NIKNSTYN99: hehehe NIKNSTYN99: sounds like mine when its sick CHICQUITAS: Yeah...Well mine must always be sick then. NIKNSTYN99: hhehe NIKNSTYN99: how much fun did you have on fri CHICQUITAS: Tons of fun...I'd go back in an instant. CHICQUITAS: I'm glad you talked me into going...Not in the bad way NIKNSTYN99: see:-D i knew it. NIKNSTYN99: its really a play to just goof off NIKNSTYN99: thats why i like it NIKNSTYN99: i think everyone had fun CHICQUITAS: I Know, but still I think that I wouldn't really like the bigger clubs like excite or maybe it is excell where people are all rolling and crap...I d... [tags: essays research papers]
684 words (2 pages)