Of course, positive effects to responsible social media usage exist. For example, Facebook makes keeping in touch with friends and family who live in a different state or country easier and cheaper than calling them on the phone. Users can view photo albums as well as status posts on everyone‘s well-being. Get-togethers, sporting events, and other occasions are easier to plan and spread the word on Facebook and Myspace. Instead of going through the hassle of buying and addressing several invitations and worrying about the invites arriving on time, one can create a single invitation and send it to over one-thousand people within a matter of seconds. According to an editorial on Facebook dangers, “These kinds of websites,. . . , are a m...
... middle of paper ...
...erced Sun-Star (CA). EDITORIAL: On Facebook and Twitter, Dangers Lurk.
Orloff, Brian. VIDEO: Miley Reveals Why She Quit Twitter-Through Song.
Perez, Sarah. More Cyberbullying on Facebook, Social Sites than Rest of Web.
Press, Skip. Fighting Cyberstalking.
Tillotson, Kristen. 2 Wired 2 Sleep: Texting and Staying Online Late into the Night, Teens are Getting Less Sleep Than Ever.
Wilson, Lauren. Facebook Fixation Harms Student Grades.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Do we have a relationship. Facebook will tell us. When my boyfriend and I started our relationship, we decided not to introduce Facebook into it. Both of us were concerned about the implications that it could potentially have in our lives, and we decided that our personal life and the way that we address our relationship was only our business. For that reason, we received many critics. In fact, many friends told us that we were hiding something that we didn´t want to share. Also, other people told us that we were insecure about our commitment with the relationship.... [tags: social media, relationship status]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Is Social Media Affecting our Lives. Social media can be defined as websites that allow anyone to share information, updates, knowledge etc., and or to participate in social networking. A common activity for today’s society, this includes children, adolescents and adults. Some example of strong social media websites are twitter, Facebook Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr and so on allow social interaction via internet. These popular sites and other just like it offer entertainment and communication with people around the world.... [tags: Social media, Communication]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Social media is a craze that has spread quickly and has millions of people that access them daily. Social media includes popular websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace. Social media allows people to interact with other people by creating a personalized profile. The personalized profile has a lot of personal information on it that is easily accessed by anyone that is befriended on the website or if the profile is public. Another feature of these social media websites is that other people can openly access and view your profiles content.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Facebook]
2409 words (6.9 pages)
- Good afternoon students, I am very honoured to be called upon today, to speak to you on a very emotional issue which is the dark side of bullying. This issue has become commonplace in modern society especially among you teenagers and therefor needs to be addressed.Bullying is a very emotional and prominent issue accross the world today. For many years now, this issue has been present and it seems as if, day by day, the fatal consquences bullying has on the society and individuals is increasing. Bullying is put in simple terms as the act of treating someone abusively both physically and emotionally.... [tags: consequences, teenagers, insecurities]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- Dark side of Cellphones Cellular devices, one might say that it is one of the greatest creations that mankind has ever made but, now it has become the newest and trending addiction in society. The purposes of it, like any other technological device, was to make our lives easier. But ever since the announcement of smart phone devices, more and more people are addicted to its entertaining system. They have been slowly becoming a necessity in our everyday lives. But little do we know that smart phones are slowly consuming us.... [tags: Mobile phone, Smartphone, Nokia, Motorola]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- Today, students rely on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram more than they rely on food to nourish their bodies. An average Facebook user wastes over 18.5 hours a month on social networking sites. It is noticeable that the more attention students are giving these social networks, the more poorly they do in school. Younger students carelessly expose all their personal information on these social networks. Also, as these sites continue to grow so does cyber bullying.... [tags: Social Networking, Pro Con Essays]
2318 words (6.6 pages)
- Social networks have certainly managed to link people more effectively in the internet world than in daily life. Unfortunately, like everything in life where there is a large common good and progress in society; there is also a dark side that overshadows and produces a range of threats and consequences that must be addressed to avoid causing further damage. For example, social media can alienate people from their normal lives, and cause distractions in workplaces. Social media can also have a negative impact on cognitive skills, the health of individuals, and pose serious risks to the security of private data of individuals.... [tags: Social network service]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- There are many social networks that have created broad connections between people in the past years. Since the creation of Social Media, countless numbers of people have begun joining them due to their rising popularity and free cost of a download. These networks help create a virtual realm for users to be themselves or whoever they want to be at their discretion. Escaping all the troubles and heartaches that the real world has in store for you is only temporary until the next time you log on. The most common issue that is up for debate that you must continually ask yourself is “Is Social Networking a good or bad thing?” I think social networking is a negative influence on people.... [tags: facebook, twitter, sexting]
1394 words (4 pages)
- People of the 21st century have reached a point where violence such as the shooting of John F. Kennedy is being viewed as nothing more but entertainment. There is not one day in the year where graphical violence is not being viewed in some way or the other. Violence has grown to a point where it has attached itself to people’s everyday lives. It has gotten to the point where it has made a home within everyone’s mind. Murder cases, shootings, and even bar fights no longer affect people’s emotions the same way anymore.... [tags: t.v. programs, modern media, violence]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Everybody has had a fear of the dark sometime in life, but it’s not the actual darkness that’s scary, it’s what their imaginations tells them is inside. The piles of clothes on the dresser suddenly turns into a monster…, the ordinary house creaks turn into a ghostly figure living in your house. We don’t know what it is in the dark and as we try to imagine what lies inside we start to see the worst fears we have. It 's not the darkness people fear but what it represents. Once the lights turn on though, one realizes that the “monster” was just a pile of clothes in their very messy room.... [tags: Fear, Claustrophobia, Anxiety]
1594 words (4.6 pages)