The Dark Side of Jeffrey Dahmer, a Gay Cannibal
It’s been already 54 years since America met its ultimate cannibal, Dahmer. Why did he choose this path? Why didn’t he stop?
On May 21, 1960, a baby boy named Jeffery Dahmer was born in Milwaukee, to Lionel and Joyce Dahmer. Everything was going very well in the family. Baby Dahmer enjoyed toddler activities and playing a lot, by himself or with kids. He moved with his parents to the small town of Bath Township (near Akron), Ohio, at the age of seven years old. Dahmer’s father, a pharmacist, spent all his time working (probably to escape his wife). Both did not care much about the young Jeffrey. He played with “imaginary friends” and terrified his classmates by his strange behavior. Dahmer was an intelligent boy and a brilliant student, but he did not use all his “potential “. He dismissed education by being silly, and he was a loner and was acting strange .When Dahmer was about eight years old, “a strange fear began to sneak into his personality, fear of others combined with a general lack of confidence. He developed a reluctance to change, a need to feel the assurance of familiar places. The prospect of going to school frightened him. The boy who previously seemed so happy and sure of himself had been replaced by a different person, who was now very shy, distant, almost non- communicative. "Lionel, his father suspected that the move from Iowa to Ohio was the cause and the behavior of his son was a normal reaction to being uprooted from his familiar surroundings to settle in a totally different place. Lionel Dahmer, too, was shy, introverted and uncomfortable when he was a child, but he learned to overcome his problems. He thought his son would overcome his pr...
... middle of paper ...
...nd Jeffrey was left alone in the house in Bath. Dahmer Continued being a loner at Revere High School. He had average grades, worked on the school newspaper but he soon developed a bad drinking problem. His parents, possibly distracted from their own struggles, divorced when Dahmer was almost 18.
In June, 1978, Dahmer got his diploma from Revere High School. He was scheduled to begin studies at the Ohio State University in Columbus. But on the 18th of that month, Dahmer’s morbid experiments on animals changed into the murder of his first human victim, which was a young hitchhiker named Steven Hicks. Dahmer brought him home while his mother was absent, for “a drink, smoke a firecracker and laugh." But when Hicks tried to leave, Dahmer smashed his skull with a barbell and strangled him. Then he dragged the body into a space under the house, where it remained for a few
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Criminal Behavior Analysis Paper: Jeffrey Dahmer Jeffrey Dahmer who is called as a psychopathy, a sex offender, a serial killer was born in West Allis, Wisconsin on May 21, 1960. He was responsible for serial murders of 17 young males in between the years of 1978 and 1991. He usually picked up victims in the gay bar and had sex with them before killing them. By the summer 1991, he started killing one person every week. He was caught on July 22, 1991 when Tracy Edwards who was a survivor and last intended a victim escaped and shopped him to police officers.... [tags: criminal behavior, psychopathy, sex offender]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer the Serial Killer When we look back at some "crimes of the century" some that should definately come to mind are the gruesome murders the late Jeffrey Dahmer performed. This mysterious serial killer, also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, probably accounted for one of the most famous cases in history. He seemed to kill for reasons no better then just lust and gratification. The serial killer knocked off 17 people over 13 years, all starting when he was just 18.... [tags: Papers]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- As children, our parents tell us that monsters do not exist. The truth is that they do exist and they live among us, masquerading as one of us. Two examples of these monsters are serial killers Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer. A serial killer is classified as a person who kills three or more people, in separate events, over a time frame of a month, with “cooling off” periods in between. While Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer both share a sick twisted mind and a penchant for killing, differences in their upbringing, personality, and preferences drastically set them apart.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Ted Bundy]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction From 1987 to 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer 's rule led to dread over the gay community. He was a social inept, gay man. His spent his whole life feeling as an untouchable in this goliath world and attempted to discover his voice and his feeling of self. He turned to dead rodents and mannequins to bring him stimulation and fellowship. In the long run, Dahmer hunger for progressively and when his misuse of liquor could no more sedate him he permitted his horrifying dreams and needs to take control.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Victim, Family]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- er was a serial killer that committed 17 murders over a period of 13 years. A serial murderer is someone that has “killed 3 or more people over a period of days, weeks, months, years, or decades” (Fleming, 2014). Dahmer is a killer that had many paraphilias that will be discussed as well as the characteristics that classify him as a sexual sadist. A sexual sadist is someone that experiences sexual pleasure from acts of cruelty (Marshall & Kennedy, 2003). Dahmer chose a select type of victim groups, this case study will find out why he chose those victims and what his intentions were.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Murder]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction From 1987 to 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer reign terror over the gay community. He was a social incompetent, homosexual man. His spent his entire life feeling as an outcast in this giant world and struggled to find his voice and his sense of self. He resorted to dead rodents and mannequins to bring him entertainment and companionship. Eventually, Dahmer thirst for more and when his abuse of alcohol could no longer medicate him he allowed his gruesome fantasies and needs to take control. Childhood and Adolescence Lionel and Joyce Dahmer gave birth to their first born, Jeffrey Dahmer, on May 21, 1960 in Milwaukee.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer Essays]
2515 words (7.2 pages)
- ... Shortly after their move to Bath Township, Ohio, Jeffrey was raped by a neighborhood boy by the age of eight. Some believe the kid who attacked Jeffrey was an African-American boy. It was never reported, but these incidents didn’t make home a safe place for a child. At a very young age, Jeffrey picked up on some unusual habits. He would go out into the woods, and bring home animals, dismember their bodies, nail dead dogs to trees, and put animal heads on stakes. He would also dip bones into acid using a child’s chemistry set.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Murder]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Jeffrey Dahmer also known as The Milwaukee Monster was one of those cases where most people would call him a “Sick Bastard” put him away and throw away the key. He was a less than ordinary person who did atrocious things to others, but I think that in this case the quiet ones are definitely the ones that need to be watched. My initial reaction to Dahmer was that he seemed like that stereotypical kid that no one would have ever thought he would become a serial killer and I would have to agree with them because I thought he was too small to do the things that he did.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Dismemberment]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- “It gave me a sense of total control and increased the sexual thrill, I guess, knowing I had total control of them and that I could do with them as I wished." [Biography.com Editors].In July 22nd, 1991, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the United States changed forever. Jeffrey Dahmer was arrested for killing and eating 17 young men [Biography.com Editors]. Jeffery’s confessions will make people understand why he is known as one of the most terrifying serial killers in the United States. Jeffrey Dahmer was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on May 21, 1960, into the household of Lionel and Joyce Dahmer [Biography.com Editors] As a newborn and young child, he appeared to have no mental or physical prob... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Dismemberment]
1345 words (3.8 pages)
- ... But many serial killers don 't understand that what they 're doing is wrong often times don 't know the difference between right and wrong or sometimes they do but don 't care about doing wrong because they have a 'need ' to kill. Some serial killers are associated with narcissistic personality disorder as well. Now who is Jeffrey Dahmer. He’s Convicted serial killer and sex offender Jeffrey Dahmer murdered 17 males between 1978 and 1991. He was killed by a fellow prison inmate in 1994. Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 1960, Jeffrey Dahmer displayed troubling behavior following childhood surgery.... [tags: Jeffrey Dahmer, Serial killer, Murder]
1079 words (3.1 pages)