Despite the fact that Daniel does not reveal an abundance of information concerning himself or his past one can glean a great deal concerning his character upon closer examination of the biblical text. From Scripture we know that Daniel trusted God completely and without question or reservation. Additionally we know he prayed at least three times every day and that he prayed in his room unashamedly for everyone to hear...
... middle of paper ...
Spence, H. D. M. Daniel. London; New York: Funk & Wagnalls Company, 1909. Print. The
Spurgeon, Charles H. “Daniel: A Pattern For Pleaders.” Daniel: A Pattern For Pleaders. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2014
Spurgeon, C. H. “Daniel's Band.” Daniel's Band. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2014.
Spurgeon, Charles H. “Psalm 111.” Treasury of David—. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2014.
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. Wheaton: Standard Bible Society, 2001. Print.
The Holy Bible: King James Version. Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version. Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009. Print.
The Holy Bible: New International Version. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1984. Print.
The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1989. Print.
The New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Living in a major metropolitan area as I do, I'm often surprised at the sharp contrasts I see between the people here and those in the more relaxed Midwestern community where I grew up. Some of these are positive: a higher level of awareness of and respect for other countries and cultures widespread interest in physical fitness and nutrition more motivation to succeed However, one troubling thing I have noticed is the abject lack of humility in Washington, DC, and the rather egotistical tendencies of the people who live here.... [tags: Humility]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Prayer Prayer is another extremely important discipline for believers to practice. When explaining prayer one must first understand what prayer is. An anonymous author in an article known as the Quiver wrote the following statement about what prayer is: “Prayer is the application of want to Him who alone can relieve it. Prayer is the voice of a sinner to Him alone can pardon sin. Prayer is poverty pleading, humility worshipping, penitence confessing, and truth trusting. Prayer is no eloquence, but earnestness.... [tags: Old Testament, New Testament, Prayer, Spirituality]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Some theists always pray and believe it works. The argument of petitionary prayer tries to prove the point that it is pointless to pray, because it will not influence God’s decision anyway. Given that God is going to do the best he can, God would not change his choice if someone prays, because he is doing his best choice and. God would not change his choice if someone doesn’t pray, which is obvious to see. The behavior of petitionary pray seems to be pointless in this way. Personally, I think this argument against petitionary prayer appears more convincing to me, so this paper would mainly about some responses to the objections to the petitionary prayer arguments.... [tags: Prayer, God, 2007 singles, Religion]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Why do we need to be men and women of prayer. What does God’s word say about prayer. And how do we become prayer warriors even in the darkest of circumstances. These are all questions that many Christians ask themselves; questions I have asked myself many times. Striving to be all that God has called us to be in word, in deed and in prayer, is a journey that each of us must take, but no one path is the same. Rather than walking this road alone, it is good to seek out those who would take this journey of prayer with us.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Religion, Holy Spirit]
1058 words (3 pages)
- child. I would return to Nicaragua the following year to participate in a crusade. Our mission called for prayer warriors. We prayer walked around the coliseum, anointed each seat with oil, and prayed continuously for our pastor and those in attendance. It was an active prayer vigil that began as soon as our feet hit the floor each morning. I felt like I was experiencing an excerpt from Joshua and the Battle of Jericho. Prayer walking is easily defined in the simplistic of terms, but the meaning is deeper than praying while you walk.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Meditation, Honduras]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- Effectual and Availing Prayers Prayer is one of the most wonderful privileges afforded the Christian, for it is the Christian’s means of a direct connection with God. When the electric power fails, we are almost helpless. Some have spent thousands of dollars just to insure against power failures in their homes and places of business; yet, electrical power does not compare to the Spiritual power that is ours simply for the asking. God hears and answers prayers; therefore, we have “an ever present help in time of trouble.” James taught that we could have blessings from God that we do not have because we do not ask.... [tags: Lord's Prayer, Jesus, New Testament, Prayer]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Prayer mattered to Daniel. We’re going to take a look at some reasons why this morning and allow Daniel to show us why prayer was such an important part of his life. I’m guessing that if I were to ask folks here this morning if prayer mattered to you I would find it hard to believe that someone would say it doesn’t. No one wants to be the guy who admits in church that prayer isn’t important. But I would like to ask you to think for a moment how important prayer is to you really. If the government made prayer illegal or even worse made it a law that you could only pray to the government would you break that law.... [tags: Prayer, God, Lord's Prayer, God the Father]
2169 words (6.2 pages)
- D. A. Carson’s Praying with Paul: a Call to Reformation is a fantastic read. Each chapter in this book addresses a different theological aspect of prayer through a prayer of Paul’s found in the New Testament. Some of the topics primarily reveal an aspect of God’s nature and the response desired of us. Others focus on practical implications for our prayer lives. The first chapter falls under the second category. Before turning to the ultimate authority on prayer, the Bible, Carson dedicates a chapter to the wisdom that has been given to him on the subject by other believers.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Meditation]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
- After praying for a lengthy time, I began to feel revived and refreshed. The Lord had removed the burden from my heart and replaced it with a heart of peace. I walked over to my bed, and realized immediately, that I had not even made my bed this morning. I got everything cleaned up and put in order in my cabin. As I was finishing my cleaning, I heard a knock at the door. Up to this point, my door had been locked from the outside. I had no control over the lock, and now someone was knocking on the door waiting for me to give them an entrance.... [tags: Prayer]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- The Life of Daniel Defoe Daniel Defoe was easily one of the most influential and accomplished English author/writer of all time. Not only is Daniel Defoe considered as the founder of the English novel along with Samuel Richardson, but he was also a critical figure in European journalism and political commentary. Defoe has produced as much as 200 works of non fiction and 2,000 short essays in various periodical publications. In addition to over half a dozen full length novels such as Robinson Crusoe, a tale of a shipwrecked sailor stranded on a remote island.... [tags: English Literature Authors Daniel Defoe Essays]
1473 words (4.2 pages)
- The Effects of Technology
- The Holocaust and the Cambodian Genocide
- What Makes a Country Rich or Poor?
- The Bedroom By Vincent Van Gogh
- An Analysis of Shakespeare's Othello
- How Should the Teacher Be in Terms of Preparation, Academic Background and Personality in Order to Be in Charge of an English Course?