10 years ago teenagers used SNS to interact, communicate, and upload their personal status to feel connected with others. But in this generation SNS is a hunting ground for terrorist or sex predators. For terrorists –ISIS, SNS could be one of the easiest ways to recruit more supporters, gain more ‘fame’, and track down military personal to assassin. Recently ISIS had been using Facebook or Twitter to ‘update’ to the world what they have been up to. Like dead bodies, destroyed buildings, or guns. All these ‘updates’ brainwash or give terror to the users of SNS; also it will especially corrupt the children’s mind. Also individuals or supporters are now communicating with ISIS through Facebook to show their support or pledging to royalty. In a recent case “San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik pledged loyalty to ISIS on Facebook before killing spree” (“San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik pledged loyalty to ISIS on Facebook before killing spree”, Larry McShane ). Not only is SNS used to promote terrorism to others but is used as a communicating tool. Through this misuse of SNS it defines the dangers of using SNS especially for children. Underage individuals will get brainwashed even without noticing, because nobody can stop any unpleasant content from showing up in their notification...
... middle of paper ...
...or online gaming as a safe way of establishing new relationships” in the online world, SNS addicted individuals would not know how to make friends in reality reflecting lack of interaction skills. (Internet and Computer Addiction."). Also loose the skills to talk to others face to face, which is one of the most important skills to succeed in life. Job interview, presentation, and just conversing all starts with knowing how to speak face to face. Thus, SNS is taking away human relationships and interactions.
In conclusion, Social Network Sites are now a dangerous place to interact with others. There are predators to advertise terrorism, recruit supporters, victims to have sexual interaction, and influence the way how people are interacting. Rather then being a website to catch up with family and friends, SNS is now a predator’s playground that takes away humanity.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social Networking Sites are one of the most common hobby or a way of communicating in the 21st century. It used to be one of the best ways to keep in touch with friends, families, or even make new friends. But nowadays there are numerous predators abusing Social Network Service to hunt down their victims and are influencing a way of communication skills. Thus, Social Network Sites is doing more harm than good in this generation especially to children. 10 years ago teenagers used SNS to interact, communicate, and upload their personal status to feel connected with others.... [tags: Social network service, Facebook, Communication]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- The Internet can be a useful and wonderful environment filled with bountiful amounts of information and yet be one of the most dangerous places in the world. Social networking sites allow us to share our lives with family and friends that we are separated from or keep up with all the latest news from anyone on our friends list. Whether we share a glimpse of our day to day lives or the entire world is updated from moment to moment all depends on what we post to the walls of our favorite social networking sites.... [tags: MySpace, Internet, Phishing, Identity theft]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- Dangers of Social Networking In increasing numbers children are living in a social world “without boundaries” surrounded by dangers (Fodeman). Technology has become a gateway to a new world of socializing. As technology grows it seems as if all boundaries of cause and effect, problem and consequence has been removed from sight and mind. Online communication sites offer quick information and easy contact with friends and family. They also are perfect for advertising because it is cheaper and much quicker than printing.... [tags: bullying, bullied]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Social medias have become a big part of our society now, they are being used in all aspects of our life. We are connected twenty-four hours a day, at work, school, home, shopping etc. There is a necessity, a need to be connected to these social media’s, to feel like you are a part of society. With these growing numbers in being connected to social media’s on the web, there comes a growing desire for privacy and safety. In this paper I will discuss and analyze the social media’s themselves, the dangers that arise from them, and how all these correlate to privacy.... [tags: Networking Sites, Cyber Bullying]
3108 words (8.9 pages)
- With the advancement in technology in a short matter of time it has impacted the world in many ways such as how the world communicates and our life styles. One of the many revolutionary inventions or evolutions is called social networking sites (SNS). Social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and many more, are where people gather in the internet, create a personalized profile about themselves, and interact with people around the world. With the lack of parental supervision between the ages of fourteen to seventeen, which makes one of largest demographics using social networking sites, these teens could be subjected to mature elements.... [tags: Social Networking Essays]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Social networking sites are great for society, promoting increased communication and connection between hundreds of millions of people throughout the world. While some people do argue that the dangers of online networking far outweigh the benefits, it is clear that this is not the case; rather it is the other way around. Online social networking can be broadly defined as any website or other type of online communication that allows people to interact with each other. Blogging, or keeping an online journal, first became popular in the late 1990’s.... [tags: Social Networking ]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- Social interaction via internet has become a raving craze, but the debate of online safety measures necessary for children using social sites has become a hot topic of discussion. Social sites open the door to online interaction with friends, relatives, and classmates; but they also enhance the risk of interaction with online predators. Representative Michael Fitzpatrick, from Pennsylvania, is a sponsor of the Deleting Online Predators Act. He is an advocate for extreme online restrictions for children who use social-networking sites.... [tags: Social Networking ]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- For years and years, the internet has been offering a very extensive variety of information, social networking sites, merchandise purchases, online banking and many other services that our grandparents and our great grandparents could only dream of. This doesn’t mean that it’s all good or useful information and sites. Neither does it mean it hasn’t had a huge impact on the way society is changing just because it is a virtual space. “The internet is home to millions of sites, representing both commerce and the people who share their thoughts and experiences with anyone who visits” (Amp Your MySpace Page 99) The webpages that have had much more impact on society are social networking sites suc... [tags: Social Networking, community, ]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Social Networking Sites and the Problems Today, users can use social networking sites to receive the information, as well as participate in interaction with other users. Social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, provide users with many opportunities to check what is going on for the world, make friends, and share their lives with others in the globe. According to “Social Networking Site and Teens”, “a national survey conducted by the Pew Internet & American Life Project, approximately 55% of American youths aged 12-17 use online social networking sites” (Lenhart & Madden, 2007, para.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, MySpace]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- The worldwide web is a fabulous spot to research data for any topic that comes into mind. The internet is a powerful invention that allows people to communicate, shop online, have entertainment, and explore the world. The net is being used for many valuable purposes, but the service of the internet raises a number of ethical issues such as privacy in social networking sites. Today’s revolution in social communication involves security and confidentiality of data. Privacy is a valuable tool that humans need in order to protect themselves from privacy violations.... [tags: Internet, Social network service, Facebook]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- Stakeholders Involved And Their Stakes
- Hawthorne 's Perception Of Christianity
- Fascism : A New Form Of Fascism
- My Study Business Administration I Am Interested At The Yakima Baker Boyer Branch
- Media Portrayal Of Islam And The Middle East And Its Negative Consequences On Muslims
- Change Careers, Feeling, Numb, While She 's At Work