In today’s society, social media and internet usage is at an all time high. Everyone from children to adults are finding themselves wrapped up in the dreadful sensation. Pharming is one of the social media dangers that may go unnoticed, but have immense results to them. Pharming is a tactic used to lure someone using a social media website to obtain personal and financial information in the form of email and text (Payne,1). While you think you just maybe browsing on your best friend’s Facebook profile you ‘re really at risk for handing out your personal information. That’s why it is crucial for you to know the difference between fraudulent websites versus ligament websites. In contrast, pharming is not the only danger that brings havoc into people’s life bullying is also one of the dreadful dangers.
One of the many prevailing dangers that have escalated over the years would be bullying. The birth of cyber bullying seems to be growing at a rapid rate just in the last ...
... middle of paper ...
... the IP address of that machine (1). With that being said spoofing can occur anytime and anywhere while on the internet. It is important that you are knowledgeable and realize how easy it can be to become a target of spoofing. In addition, In the 21st century social media has become a platform for the dangers of online dating such as Catfishing.
In conclusion, I have discussed the dangers of life taking experiences that social media can have on a person. In fact because such exposure to the internet is so risky it is wise to be cautious when on social networking sites. Even with all of the cons you should not be afraid to use the internet. The trick is that you have to learn the proper techniques and follow the right guidelines in order to protect yourself at all times. It is a resource that is valid and here to help us weathered its personal or businesses.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As the young brown eyed girl scrolled down the page her eyes began to fill with tears, rage and sorrow. Ruthless comments were made such as go kill yourself, nobody wants you on this earth and you’re just a stupid dumb little bitch. She immediately began to cry as she thought to herself how is it possible that people are allowed to do these things over the internet. It is not at all uncommon that social media can make a person go crazy, feel worthless, ashamed, and the worst of all feel suicidal.... [tags: Internet, MySpace, Facebook, IP address]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction Social medias have become a big part of our society now, they are being used in all aspects of our life. We are connected twenty-four hours a day, at work, school, home, shopping etc. There is a necessity, a need to be connected to these social media’s, to feel like you are a part of society. With these growing numbers in being connected to social media’s on the web, there comes a growing desire for privacy and safety. In this paper I will discuss and analyze the social media’s themselves, the dangers that arise from them, and how all these correlate to privacy.... [tags: Networking Sites, Cyber Bullying]
3108 words (8.9 pages)
- Social media brings a world of instant communication and updates all to the touch of a finger, but can it also bring danger. To most, the benefits of social media rightfully and easily outweigh the risks but most people fail to realize that social media can pose a threat to its users in a variety of ways that they are likely not prepared for. Dealing with a situation after it arises is not the ideal moment, hence the need to use preventative measures such as stricter privacy settings. Although the threats over social media are nearly endless, a few of the most notorious include internet initiated sex crimes, cyberbullying, and the possibility of placing one’s employment in jeopardy.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Human sexual behavior, MySpace]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Like technology, our species has adapted to fit modern times. Through these adaptations, we have begun to communicate through our newly developed technology by means of social media. In today’s society, we are surrounded by sites such as Facebook, Twitter, E-Mail, and various other websites that can often times consume our lives. While social media has plenty of advantages, it also has disadvantages that often times get ignored. As Internet users, it is important to examine these disadvantages and make sure we understand the negative sides to social media.... [tags: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, 2015]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- The Dangers of Using too Much Social Media These days’ social media is used widely among Americans. As many as seventy-four percent currently use some form of it, with the majority using Facebook. While most use these sites to catch up with friends and family, there are some who use it to commit crimes on those who over share. Everyday companies are hacked, homes are burglarized, and people bullied because of the status comments left for the public to see. Everyday millions of friend requests are sent and accepted.... [tags: Crime, Theft, Social media, Robbery]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- The world today revolves around social media. Almost everyone has some kind of social media outlet that allows them to communicate with the outside world. Social media is so prevalent now that even businesses have turned to social outlets to attract customers. Observations made in this project were made through the use of social media. The observation made in this project is to show how social media is a virtual community and it allows people to express themselves however they want, social standing in the community, and how people are always connected through social media.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Virtual community]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- The prevalence of social media in today’s society is overwhelming “as of 2011, there are 500,000,000 active Facebook users. Approximately 1 in every 13 people on earth has Facebook, and half of them are logged in on any given day” (Hepburn, A. 2011). This statistic only refers to Facebook users; this does not account for the countless other social media outlets such as; Instagram, Twitter, and other online chat sites or blogs. This suggests how overwhelming and widely used social media has become; individuals are having an increasingly difficult time unplugging from their online lives.... [tags: Bullying, Sociology, Social media, Internet]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- Social media can be a series of different social sites that enable people to interact with one Each other completely through the internet. Social media has taken over the world of today. It has shaped society opinion today about the way they do everything. There is a tendency to associate social networking with Facebook, mainly because it is the biggest and most popular online social media network. But there are much more ways of networking through other than Facebook. Social Media most likely impacts and shapes society’s opinion on the subjects of politics, business, culture and sports.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Internet]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Consumed Social media has grown to become a norm in society today. Everyone from young children to elderly persons is using some form of social media. The short essays, “Douse the Online Flames” by Andrew Keen. “Virtual Companionship” by Jeremy Rifkin. “Why Twitter Will Endure” by David Carr. “What Adolescents Miss When We Let Them Grow Up in Cyberspace” by Brent Staples. Last, “Virtual Friendship and the New Narcissism” by Christine Rosen. These essays are arguing the negative effects that social media has on people.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Internet, Web 2.0]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- “Virtual Reality” Is Not Reality Social media is defined as, “a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations… that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content” (Dijck 4). Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., have become an essential part of life in the 21st century, whether it be occupational, personal, or educational. Because it is so important for everyday life, citizens of the digital age need to know the balance between staying updated and knowing when they are being poisoned by a bright screen.... [tags: Sociology, Social media, 21st century, Addiction]
718 words (2.1 pages)