For those that are supporters of E-cigs may only know the healthy benefits of them or none at all. E-cigarettes, because there is no combustion and no tobacco, doesn’t have all that toxicity. So they believe that cause there is no tobacco it is healthy. Smokeless products do not cause harm to the bystanders, which is a big thing to people that, the product only causes harm to the one using them and not the ones around the person. The vaporing effect has not shown any signs of cancer or risks to a person’s lungs. People feel that this is safe because manufacturers are claiming that they are the safer product. They allow you to smoke as much as you want until it goes dead. This procedure allows you to vapor anywhere and everywhere because there is not the smell or the second hand smoke that will disrupt others. They have been said that they are completely safe.
On the contrary, companies that produce smokeless devices are not required to tell what they put in their product to tell whether their safe or not. So there is a sign right there th...
... middle of paper ...
...umed in one tube of juice so it is equally addicting as the other. This is why many people should try to get off this product because of the different addiction attached to it.
Many of the tobacco companies also are making these electronic cigarettes so they are making money off both anti cigarettes and pro cigarettes so either way you are giving in to the product. They are trying to get you because that how business is ran. So this is a battle of interest owning both sides of the spectrum. If someone is looking to quit smoking and decrease the nicotine intake to become a healthier person they should try cold turkey or even some medicine that the FDA approved that is much safer and not as harmful. So try a couple days and go with out nicotine see how much have better feelings, and then see if how much longer you can go with out an addiction or an unhealthy activity.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Tooth decay is another big side effect of using smokeless tobacco. “Sugar is added to enhance the flavor of smokeless tobacco, increasing the risk for tooth decay” (“It May Be Smokeless” 2). The sugar found in smokeless tobacco chemically reacts with the bacteria naturally found on teeth, causing them to slowly decay. Other very common traits that smokeless tobacco users have are bad breath, tooth discoloration, and sensitive teeth; all of these effects are very common in abusive users and can be permanent if not cared for.... [tags: chew, cigarettes, health]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- E-cigarettes have been around for up to 10 years, and have only grown in popularity since then. Because of this rapid growth in popularity, there 's been controversy about whether or not they 're safe. Extending from their unknown risk, is the situation about whether or not they should be allowed in public, as well as the fact that they don 't have much if any restrictions legally. E-cigarettes should be allowed in public, and while some restrictions are deemed necessary, they are much safer than tobacco cigarettes and shouldn 't be viewed as the same thing.... [tags: Cigarette, Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Cigarettes and tobacco use has a long history in the Americas. The pre-Columbian people was the first to use Tobacco. Native Americans also cultivated the plant and smoked it in pipes for medicinal and ceremonial purposes. Christopher Columbus brought tobacco leaves and seeds with him back to Europe. Most Europeans didn’t get their first smoke taste until the mid-16th century. Jean Nicot, whom nicotine was named after, began to popularize tobacco use the first tobacco crop was cultivated in Virginia in 1612 by John Rolfe.... [tags: Tobacco, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette, Nicotine]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- The prevalent use of tobacco products among Americans is an important issue that should be brought to the surface. This issue should be raised because many of the diseases and illnesses associated with tobacco use are preventable. Most individuals are aware of the health threats associated with tobacco use, but are unable to quit. As future healthcare professionals, part of our duty is to educate the public about these health threats as well as help tobacco users quit. Throughout this paper we will inform about the various tobacco products, the effects they pose on the body, cessation options and strategies available for users, and learning outcomes.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- Throughout the course of their life, people are faced with large and small obstacles. Some of the obstacles an individual overcomes with minimal effort but to overcome others require willpower and maximum effort. One of these problem is smoking. Smoking man grabs a cigarette in any stressful situation, like a drowning man grips a straw, believing that cigarette he smokes will give him confidence, peace of mind, and help on finding the answer to a difficult situation. But this is misleading. The man himself has to deal with difficulties, not to solve hics problems with the help of a piece of paper stuffed with tobacco.... [tags: Smoking, Nicotine, Cigarette, Tobacco]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- The first that the reader 's eyes are drawn to is this large cartoon camel. The camel is wearing sun-glasses, a pink shirt, and a blazer. Besides the suave looking clothes, he has a cigarette in his mouth. Right to the right of this cool camel, is a pack of camel. One of the cigarettes is extended out for the picking. In the background, the Hollywood sign sets on sunset on a cloudless day. There is also a red sports car with an attractive woman on top of it. The women on car is a blonde bomb-shell wearing a tight pink dress and sunglasses.... [tags: Cigarette, Smoking, The Reader, Tobacco smoking]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Smoking cigarettes is a very deadly addiction that, unfortunately, 42.1 million adults in the United States and 6.4 million children have. The reason why so many people get addicted to cigarettes because of nicotine. Medicinenet.com says that nicotine is “Made by the tobacco plant or produced synthetically. Nicotine has powerful pharmacologic effects (including increased heart rate, heart stroke volume, and oxygen consumption by the heart muscle), as well as powerful psychodynamic effects (such as euphoria, increased alertness, and a sense of relaxation).... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette, Tobacco smoking]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- The consumption of tobacco is probably the most harmful thing you can do to your body and health. Most people that consume tobacco do so in the form of a cigarette, but lately there has been another form of tobacco that is cause for concern among younger age groups: smokeless tobacco. Smokeless tobacco contains the same addictive nicotine found in a cigarette but it is chewed rather than smoked. The tobacco or plug sold in pouches is a long thick strand of tobacco. Smokeless tobacco is also available as moist snuff, which is a moist fine grain loose tobacco that is sold in cans.... [tags: Smokeless Tobacco Cancer Health Essays]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Smokeless tobacco is presented as an alternative to smoking cigarettes, although smokeless tobacco has some benefits over smoking cigarettes, it also causes harm to the user. There are different forms of smokeless tobacco such as chewing tobacco that come in the forms of as Plug/Twist, Verb Use (consider revising). Snuff another form of smokeless tobacco composed of grounded tobacco leaves requires you to place it between the gums and cheeks, then spit out the juices or swallow if you please. The newest version called snus, in which you place them between the gum/cheek, but you do not have to spit out juices.... [tags: Alcohol & Tobacco]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Smokeless Tobacco General Purpose: To inform Specific Purpose: At the end of my speech, the audience will know about smokeless tobacco and the risks involved with using smokeless tobacco products. Central Idea: Smokeless tobacco poses many threats to the health of its users. Introduction: Using smokeless tobacco is nothing to smile about. It's a habit that can ruin your health and your life. It's as addictive as cigarettes and twice as dangerous. And there's a very good chance you will get cancer.... [tags: essays research papers]
445 words (1.3 pages)