Lately, panhandling has become a nuisance. It is uncommon to pull up to a busy intersection without seeing one, even multiple people on each corner with a sign in hand. It is degrading to the eye appeal in which they are panhandling. Seeing a large amount of panhandlers or even unkempt homeless citizens can make people uncomfortable around that area. Also, panhandlers leave a large amount of street pollution. Areas where panhandling is popular are usually littered with an excessive amount of trash such as: bottles, wrappers, and cigarette butts (which are not biodegradable). Panhandling has become such a problem that I have avoided certain areas I have great interest in. For instance, my friend and I had just departed the max train and started walking towards Saturday Market, It wasn’t even a minute before...
... middle of paper ...
...ith jobs that have lower standards but with a source of income. Jobs can involve something for the community like maintaining parks or picking up litter. Either way, they will be a step closer to becoming a part of the functional society we live in.
Banning panhandling has many positive effects. As stated in the sections above, society will be more comfortable going to the places they once avoided. Areas that used to have panhandling will be more inviting to travelers and those who currently reside there. The panhandler will learn what it’s like to earn the things they desire just like the majority of the human race. They will learn how to take on responsibilities and chose their priorities based off their need for survival. The dishonest can rejoin the rest of society and the ones who need help can receive proper assistance in order to function and thrive.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cyber socializing is very popular among society today. It is one of the most popular ways of communicating with, says long distance relatives, but is cyber socializing really safe. These sites are used by all ages and around the world, and not always used for the right reasons. Some of the most popular websites are Facebook, twitter, and instgram. People put their lives on these sites. From pictures to every emotion or feeling they have. Not being aware of the danger the may put themselves in. There have been many cases of bullying among cyber socializing sites.... [tags: Dangers of Social Networking]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- Most people feel that they should help the needy in some way or another. The problem is how to help them. This problem generally arises when there is a person sitting on the side of the road in battered clothes with a cardboard sign asking for some form of help, almost always in the form of money. Yet something makes the giver uneasy. What will they do with this money. Do they need this money. Will it really help them. The truth of the matter is, it won't. However, there are things that can be done to help the needy.... [tags: Beggars, Homeless Essays]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- When we observe the enormous progress America has made from the beginning of the thirteen colonies to what it is today, we clearly see that society has grown tremendously in its advancements in communication, speed, and travel, etc., but have we unknowingly degenerated in our culture and values. Mark Sundeen says “Begging may be the most shameful act in America.” But why is that so. If we take a look at religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism, giving alms to the poor is thought as “… increasing the chances [of being] admitted into paradise or reincarnated in a good body…” (McMahon).... [tags: panhandling, homelessness, money]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Spring is finally here, and Spring Break and the Senior Prom are around corner. The teenagers and the college kids are planning a drive to the tanning salons or a day at the beach. The media has instilled in women that tan skin is a sign of youth and sex appeal. Some people go to the tanning salons and others spend hours outside in the sun to achieve the sun goddess look. Many don’t realize the dangers that come with the sun or a box with light bulbs that has more UVA radiation than the sun does.... [tags: Health ]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- It is what wakes us up each day or keeps us focused. It is what drives us to go the extra mile. Caffeine is a product that is being used in all sorts of drinks ranging from colas to our early morning cup of tea. Most people whose life is always on an ever moving work pace feel it is a needed necessity to keep them going, People ranging from bcig business people to mare student. The main reason for this review is to see just how much caffeine affects the life of an average student both negative and positively and also provide a broader understanding of how it really works when we consume is as well as what it gets up to.... [tags: Health]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- Dangers of the Internet There are many pitfalls and perils on the Internet. Some of them are easy to avoid while other are not so obvious. Some of the Pitfalls and perils are annoying, while others are deadly to your computer. Still others are humorous and entertaining. There are many dangers on the Internet. This paper will try to cover some of them. The biggest dangers of the Internet are virus. Viruses are small programs that "infect" computers. Most viruses are made to "steal" and or "destroy" data stored on the infected computer.... [tags: Expository Essays]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Tattoos are becoming a popular phenomenon that is seen everywhere. Today’s youth are getting permanent tattoos to be cool and trendy, but are not considering the long-term effects. Teenagers should be aware of all that body modification may include, it is not just a pretty picture. Adolescences must consider the dangers and conscientious result of attaining diseases, being underage, and having a permanent mark on their body. The unsanitary conditions of getting a tattoo tend to go unnoticed by teenagers.... [tags: Body Art]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- The Dangers of Technology Within the past two years computers have become a new way of doing business, enjoying various forms of entertainment, and interacting with others for the majority of our nation. Almost every aspect of technical work in industry today involves the computer in some way. It is hard to find something in the world at this present time that wasn’t either made by a computer program, or houses a computer of its own. Keeping this in mind while reading Ray Kurzweil’s article “The Virtual Thomas Edison” makes one realize just how much humans depend on computers, and Kurzweil’s hypothesizes that “Within three decades machines will be as intelligent as human beings”(Kurzweil... [tags: Papers]
702 words (2 pages)
- I had a very close friend; his name is Jeremy. He is only twenty-six years old. His life is fading fast. He had a home, a family, a long time girlfriend and a four year old son. Jeremy’s mom, brothers, aunts and uncles are all losing touch with him. He had a great job with insurance, benefits and job security. He was fired a few months ago. He has sold his car, personal items, furniture and things you wouldn’t even imagine for fast cash. Jeremy begs and barrows money from what family and friends he has left to only end the relationship with them because he knows he will never pay them back.... [tags: essays research papers]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- The Dangers of Tattoos Many people think that tattooing is dangerous. Part of this is because people don’t think that the tattoo artists sterilize their materials. Others believe that tattoos have a high risk of infection. And the most commonly reported problems are allergic reactions. Others feel as though the pain factor is too immense. Although these fears are common they are easily prevented. Most of the people who believe these things aren’t fully informed with information. The sterilization process for the materials used is extremely important.... [tags: essays research papers]
849 words (2.4 pages)