I. Did you know that 2014 was one of the hottest years on record? It shattered the previous record which was set in 2010. Were you aware that there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today than at any time in our recent and distant past? One of our most well-known national parks, The Montana Glacier National Park, once known for majestic glaciers and other icy wonders, has only 25 glaciers left!
II. The repercussions of the global warming issue are profound and should be addressed during our generation. Our children will suffer the consequences of our inaction if nothing is done.
III. Global warming is an issue that affects, not just Americans, but all living things on this planet. The effects of global warming are felt by all and can be seen with the melting of the polar caps and glaciers and rising temperatures. In fact, scientific evidence shows that the planet’s temperature has gone up 1 degree and will possibly go up more in the foreseeable future. The causes of global warming are human emissions and greenhouse gases. Why do many in the scientific community embrace this global dilemma while others deny its very existence?
IV. Global warming has caused many anomalous concerns with the earth’s weather patterns and sea levels that cannot be ignored. I will discuss what the Environmental Protection Agency states could happen to the earth if this issue isn’t seriously addressed. Additionally, there are several steps that can be taken by governmental agencies, corporations, and even individuals to prevent further widespread damage to our precious atmosphere.
I. According to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the earth’s carbon dioxide levels have risen to 401.58 parts per million ...
... middle of paper ...
...tions such as NASA and the EPA have compiled statistical data which proves that the carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere has significantly risen since 1880 and that, if this trend is not stopped, our temperatures and water levels will continue to rise, weather patterns will be affected, and life all over the earth will be threatened.
Thank you very much for your time and attention. I hope that this information was helpful and could possibly serve to enlighten you to this ongoing and most important concern.
"Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Causes." Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet.
N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
"What You Can Do Climate Change, US EPA." US Environmental Protection Agency.
N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
"Future Climate Change Climate Change, US EPA." US Environmental Protection Agency.
N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Dangers of Global Warming Why do global warming happens. Global warming started around 1915, there is no observable evidence of anthropogenic carbon dioxide emission base. There are many causes of global warming that are becoming very dangerous to the human society. The reason global warming start was because of the gases from the greenhouses emitted by humans. Throughout the years it has interfere with Earth’s atmosphere. Global warming has caused major problems like climate changes, health problems, and animal endangerment.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Methane, Earth]
711 words (2 pages)
- The Dangers of Global Warming Why does global warming happen. Global warming started around 1915, there is no observable evidence of anthropogenic carbon dioxide emission base. There are many causes of global warming that are becoming very dangerous to the human society. The reason global warming started was the gases from the greenhouses being emitted by humans. Throughout the years, it has interfered with Earth’s atmosphere. Global warming has caused major problems like climate changes, health problems, and animal endangerment.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Methane, Earth]
708 words (2 pages)
- Introduction I. Did you know that 2014 was one of the hottest years on record. It shattered the previous record which was set in 2010. Were you aware that there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today than at any time in our recent and distant past. One of our most well-known national parks, The Montana Glacier National Park, once known for majestic glaciers and other icy wonders, has only 25 glaciers left. II. The repercussions of the global warming issue are profound and should be addressed during our generation.... [tags: Climate change, Global warming, Earth]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Diesel, the Italian clothing company known for selling high-priced clothing targeting the young adult market, released a provocative international advertising campaign called “Global Warming Ready” aimed at provoking debate while raising awareness about climate change related issues. The image attached is one of the few ads released that ironically presents a serious global issue in a lighthearted manner. Evidenced by the advertisement is a devastated New York City, completely submerged in water by what can be assumed to be a potential side effect of global warming.... [tags: Earth, Global warming, Human, Climate change]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Climate Change and Humanity The effects of global warming and climate change can no longer be ignored. Unlike previous species and our ancestors that inhabited the Earth before us, we have the gift of foresight and the scientific, mathematic and engineering knowledge to implement changes to benefit the future and lessen the damage that has already been done. Yet, politics and bureaucracy continuously inject roadblocks when it comes to implementing necessary changes and has historically tried to discredit some of the verifiable evidence regarding global warming and climate change; hindering public knowledge and awareness.... [tags: Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Many different challenges confront the world; global financial problems, climate change and global warming, world military spending, food and agriculture issues and many others. In my opinion, global warming and climate change is the most dangerous issue facing the world. First reason global warming and climate change is the biggest issue facing the world is because it has important implications for our health. Second reason global warming and climate change is the biggest challenge facing the world is because the world will have more frequent and dangerous heat waves and heavier rainstorms and flooding.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Heat, Temperature]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Thesis: Nowadays, global warming is an urgent problem, we have to aware of the dangers posed by global warming and prevent the occurrence of this phenomenon. source one:Union of Concerned Scientists National Headquarters, 2 Brattle Square, Cambridge, MA 02138-3780 Worlds apart: the main cause of global warming and the relationship between some of the economy and global warming Summary: The primary cause of global warming is too much carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. These carbon dioxide sources are all kinds of human activities in order to develop the economy.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Carbon dioxide]
1049 words (3 pages)
- In a galaxy far far away there is a planet named Earth. This planet is located in the Milky Way galaxy close to Venus. Earth is suffering and many of the citizens do not understand why they should take care of the planet. Well global warming is affecting the planet there was a video named Global warming the rising storm which explains that the planet is warming and is bad for the humans. Air pollution is another factor that plays in global warming by the burning of fossil fuels, but there is a way for the humans to slow down the process.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Milky Way, Atmosphere]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- In scientific terms, Earth is considered many things; it harbours life, it’s the third planet away from the sun, it’s mostly made up of water, however amongst all it is home. Like any valued possession people must treat the Earth with the care and respect the planet deserves with cleanliness and preservation. Unfortunately due to the disbelief of cleanliness and lack of care, Earth is experiencing issues that happen when it’s nature isn’t preserved including climate changes and global warming. Climate change and global warming is not a myth and not enough is being done to preserve the Earth’s natural resources.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Ocean, Earth]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Sallie Baliunas and the Dangers of Think Tanks Public policy makers increasingly rely on the research of think tank scholars to guide their policy decisions. But who checks the accuracy of think tank scholar research. Unlike academic journal publishing, which follows a rigorous system of peer review and editorial oversight, think tanks publish opinion pieces without regard to the peer review process. Their policy publications are not based on pure academics, but on a complex interaction between academic, political, and economic interests.... [tags: Global Warming]
3098 words (8.9 pages)