Over the years, I‘ve had a couple of injuries but only one of these injuries occurred from actual dancing. As I was rehearsing for a competition dance at my studio about two years ago, I started to do an attitude turn into a ponche and all of a sudden I feel this sharp pain go up the back of my leg. I was moving eccentrically when I ended up pulling my hamstring, but I kept dancing because I thought the pain would just go away but it didn’t. The fact that I kept dancing probably made the injury worse as well. I don’t remember going to the doctor but I do recall looking up ways to quickly recover because I had an important dance workshop coming up in three weeks. I didn’t end up doing much but I consistently got deep massages and applied heat and ice on my hamstring. Also, I didn’t take dance classes for about two weeks but when it got to close to the dance workshop, I took class with modifications. When the workshop came, I began
... middle of paper ...
...sson. "Self-reported hamstring injuries in student-dancers." Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports 12.4 (2002): 230-235. Print.
Deleget, Alison. "Overview Of Thigh Injuries In Dance." Journal Of Dance Medicine & Science 14.3 (2010): 97-102. International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance with Full Text. Web. 8 Apr. 2014.
Freckleton, G., and T. Pizzari. "Risk factors for hamstring muscle strain injury in sport: a systematic review and meta-analysis." British Journal of Sports Medicine 47.6 (2013): 351-358. Print.
Petersen, J. "Evidence Based Prevention Of Hamstring Injuries In Sport." British Journal of Sports Medicine 39.6 (2005): 319-323. Print.
Silder, Amy, Darryl G. Thelen, and Bryan C. Heiderscheit. "Effects Of Prior Hamstring Strain Injury On Strength, Flexibility, And Running Mechanics." Clinical Biomechanics 25.7 (2010): 681-686. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If you are a dancer, parent of a dancer or a dance instructor you should know the possible injuries that come with and how to avoid it. There's are a lot that goes into dancing.it may look easy but it requires a lot of effort, stamina and flexibility. All of this can result in injuries to hip, ankles and even stress fractures. The most common injury that occurs in dancing are ankle injuries because dancing puts so much pressure on that part of your body and without realizing you run a high risk of harming your ankle.... [tags: Injuries, Sprain, Ankle, Sprained ankle, Dance]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- The Art of Dance “Dance, the art of precise, expressive, and graceful human movement, traditionally, but not necessarily, performed in accord with musical accompaniment. Dancing developed as a natural expression of united feeling and action.” To many, dance is only an art. In reality, dance is much more. It 's an art, a sport, a way to express one’s self, a way to exercise, a way to get feelings out. Since the beginning of time, humans have used different types of dance to express themselves. There are many advantages to dancing, however there are also some disadvantages.... [tags: Dance, Social dance, Tap dance, Concert dance]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- The anticipated research paper will be taking into consideration the perspectives of the individuals that lived and died as a result of the Black Death, specifically from the year 1348 CE – 1350 CE and in the better known parts of the world during that period, the reactions, preventative measure that were taken to combat the plague, the religious and governmental response. In the collection of primary sources amassed by John Aberth in The Black Death, 1348-1350: the great mortality of 1348-1350 ; a brief history with documents1 he very succinctly provides a condensed description of each document by giving a background of the author as well as the source of the primary source.... [tags: Research Paper Proposal]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction It has come to our attention that three of your hospitals located in South Africa have failed the annual healthcare facility inspection, examined by our organization inspectors last week. The inspection involved three health inspectors, where they were assigned in three different hospitals; each inspector observed the healthcare workers for 24 hours. All three hospitals have failed to comply with the proper needle handling method, demonstrating potential hazard can occur to both staff and patients in South Africa.... [tags: HIV, AIDS, Infectious disease, Needlestick injury]
2194 words (6.3 pages)
- I have always found the ocean to be a very intriguing part of the Earth. There are infinitely many discoveries that have yet to be made about it. My fascination with the ocean sparked the idea to do my class paper on hurricanes and what they are along with their effects. I remember hearing about all the damages from Hurricane Katrina after it hit the coast near New Orleans. The only information I really know about them is what is briefly covered on the news. I thought it would be interesting to discover the true effects they can have on not only people that endure them, but also the environment as it gets ripped to shreds by the plethora of winds and water.... [tags: Personal Research Paper]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Around the world, countries are dependent on oil and more often than not, foreign oil. The U.S. is at a time where they believe buying foreign oil supports terrorism and hurts our economy. Shale formations deep underground that spread all over the U.S. have been found to contain natural gas. This includes the Marcellus Shale formation and the Utica Shale formation, which can be found all throughout New York State and down the East Coast (Hydro-Fracking pg.1). To get at this abundance of gas underground, hydraulic fracturing was invented, but this new method of gas extraction safe for the environment and for the people around it.... [tags: Fracking Research Paper]
1764 words (5 pages)
- My achievements throughout this semester have been greater than I initially thought at the beginning of the class. I originally struggled with finding topics to write about it, making my work flow from topic to topic and between sentences, and citing my sources in APA format. The one aspect I am particularly proud of is how well I did on the assignment of citing sources, which I received a higher score on compared to the class average. Other than citing sources, I have partially overcome my struggle with transitions with the help of the writing assignments and the resources in the textbooks for making sentences and paragraphs flow.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Critical thinking]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Dance is an art, a creative portal, a form of expression; it is a sport. Atop all of the things that dance can be, it is also something physical. It takes work, power and effort. It takes stamina, grace and an extreme amount of muscle and flexibility. What do athletes need to have, all of those characteristics. When it comes to athletes, of any kind, dance can help with honing their skills. Something that most athletes do not seem to understand is that dance is just as much a physical and athletic sport as their sport is.... [tags: Dance, Sports]
1894 words (5.4 pages)
- "Kudler Fine Foods has experienced significant growth and is now focused on expanding the services, improving the efficiency of its operations and increasing the consumer purchase cycle as a means to increasing the loyalty and profitability of its consumers" (, ). This paper will justify the importance of marketing research in the development of Kudler Fine Foods marketing strategy and tactics. It will also identify the areas where additional market research is needed and analyze the importance of competitive intelligence and analysis in regards to the development of Kudler Fine Foods marketing strategy and tactics.... [tags: Marketing Research Paper]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- It has been observed by a pensive and inquisitive mind that most people in this world view their surroundings as though they were merely glancing at the cover of a glossy magazine while hurriedly exiting a supermarket: people tend to look quickly, figure out the general concept of the magazine issue, and then proceed to neatly tuck away the memory of that magazine cover in their mind as they trot on down the check out isle. They never pick up the journal, never thoroughly read the articles contained within that shiny bit of paper, never really understand what is going on inside of it.... [tags: essays research papers]
2610 words (7.5 pages)