Paige Arden once said, “Dance isn’t something that can be explained in words. It has to be danced.” Dance, a performing art that participants of all ages and ethnicities can participate in. Dance is important because it keeps students as well as participants active, on their feet and energized. Dancing teaches students to explore different dancing techniques, try new activities, and retain better listening skills. Dance could be fun if the students make it fun. Through dance, dancers can learn teamwork and improvisational skills. Students should join dance because it occupies a multitude of positive effects on physical and mental health.
Dance incorporates several mental health benefits. Dancers improve their learning skills because when they learn new dance moves they have to learn them at a fast pace causing them to become faster learners. Dancers might sometimes stare off into space that is because they are trying to learn the movement’s by just moving their bodies and thinking about what movement goes with what part of a song (Hanson). Dance students have to remember multiple steps and continue repeating them causing intellectual learning. If participants put their mind to dancing, then they can achieve it. Students who take a dance class need to have the willpower and the ability to make healthy decisions; nevertheless, dancing helps students obtain a clear mind, and it also provides stress relief. Dance could be therapeutic for students, Dance can make participants feel invincible. Dancer’s feel that dance allows them to express themselves and feel unconfined rather than holding everything inside; dancer’s may experience less stress, therefore, their attitudes about life improves it also helps wit...
... middle of paper ...
...nty to do with performing. Dancers have an audience and they have to keep them entertained. Dance can help participants concentrate and see things from another point of view.dancers can use these skills in school, as well as in their life. Dance is a fun activity to engage in.
Cipolla, Deanna. “Dance’s Effects on the Human Body & Mind.” Science in Our World: Certainty and Controversy, Deanna Cipolla, 19 Sept. 2013, www.personal.psu.edu/afr3/blogs/sioefa13/2013/09/we-all-know-that-excercise.html. Accessed 6 June 2017.
“Dance Quotes.” A Dancer’s World, members.tripod.com/animal_lover70/id9.html. Accessed 6 June 2017.
“Reasons for Dancing.” Counties Dance, www.countiesdance.co.nz/reasons-for-dancing/ , Accessed 6 June 2017.
“Why Dance Is Important.” Camarillo Academy of Performing Arts, www.camarilloacademy.com/2011/09/why-dance/ , Accessed 6 June 2017.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Art of Dance “Dance, the art of precise, expressive, and graceful human movement, traditionally, but not necessarily, performed in accord with musical accompaniment. Dancing developed as a natural expression of united feeling and action.” To many, dance is only an art. In reality, dance is much more. It 's an art, a sport, a way to express one’s self, a way to exercise, a way to get feelings out. Since the beginning of time, humans have used different types of dance to express themselves. There are many advantages to dancing, however there are also some disadvantages.... [tags: Dance, Social dance, Tap dance, Concert dance]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- People are dancers in a certain way, how about we draw those dance moves out of your soul and dance all night. Have you ever thought to yourself, “Should I join ballroom dance. Maybe it’s not for me.” Ballroom dance is for everyone. Ballroom is a dance type where one grabs a partner and learns routines. Ballroom dance started with Cha Cha and Waltz plus it has been around since late 1800’s, early 1900’s. Multiple people say ballroom is not a sport however in reality it is a intense sport. Ballroom went from being 2 dances to having 2 categories of style.... [tags: Ballroom dance, Waltz, Competitive dance]
2244 words (6.4 pages)
- Dance Therapy Dance therapy is a versatile form of therapy founded on the idea that motion and emotion are connected, this type of therapy is beneficial for both physical and mental health using movement to help individuals achieve emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration Dance therapy is a type of therapy that uses movement to further the social, cognitive, emotional, and physical development of an individual. Dance therapists work with people from all ages that may suffer from any type of emotional problems, intellectual deficiencies, or even life-threatening illnesses.... [tags: Dance therapy, Dance, Emotion, Psychotherapy]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- Dance therapy is a versatile form of therapy founded on the idea that motion and emotion are connected, this type of therapy is beneficial for both physical and mental health using movement to help individuals achieve emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration Dance therapy is a type of therapy that uses movement to further the social, cognitive, emotional, and physical development of an individual. Dance therapists work with people from all ages that may suffer from any type of emotional problems, intellectual deficiencies, or even life-threatening illnesses.... [tags: Dance therapy, Dance, Emotion, Psychotherapy]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Despite the appealing use of street dance to promote health among youth at-risk, it is surprising that only few studies have attempted to examine the effects of such programs. So far, there are only 3 empirical studies (Beaulauc et al., 2011; Harris et al., 2012; Romero, 2012) identified from journal publications which used street dance to improve health and wellbeing among youth at-risk. One case study (Leafloor, 2012) is also included in this review to gain more insight. Other studies of hip-hop and youth tend to focus on hip-hop culture as a bad influence for youth in regards to risky sexual and aggressive behaviours (e.g: Munoz-Laboy et al., 2007).... [tags: Hip hop dance, Dance, Hip-hop dance, Empiricism]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Dance is to move the body in a way that goes with the rhythm and style of music that is being played, or to perform: A beautiful art form, a fluid morsel of perfection demonstrated by statues hand crafted flawlessly seen all over the world. This sport is not one that can be achieved by anyone, it requires vast amounts of talent and practice. As a recreational activity, dance has both a positive and a negative effect on the human body and mind. My whole life I have heard it said that dancers are not athletes; this statement has been proven wrong.... [tags: athletism, Pirouettes, spins]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Music has been around for ages and over time, people have changed the way it sounds, how often we listen to it, and what purpose it serves. Uses for music have become more innovative and scientifically purposeful over the years. Recently, it has been proven that children who grow up under the influence of music have a rounder, fuller experience in their education. This higher education helps children later in life as teens and young adults. Music in the lives of young children improves cognitive knowledge as well as social skills (Borgese 2).... [tags: music]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Dance is complicated, it requires artistry and finesse yet strength and perseverance. It’s a paradox within itself. I started dancing at the tender age of 4, during my first year of schooling. It began as simply a recreational activity, something to occupy my time with, I only danced a few days a week and wasn’t very serious about it, it wasn’t a profound interest of mine. I still participated in the Nutcracker every year, this was a very large commitment however my relationship with ballet was very much on the surface, I didn’t want to pursue it as a career and was still exploring other types of activities.... [tags: American films, Art, Human]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- “Just move the body it also mean exercise”. Exercise has many benefits with your body, it’s help you to strong body and healthy. A lot of people know about this point but they rather ignore it. Now, there is a new activity, it uses music to take that and use a few time, also known as ballroom dance. That is a sport and is enjoyed both socially and competitively around the world. Arcangeli’s 1994 study found the following: Dance was regarded as having a bearing on health in number of ways. On one the hand dance was believed to be one of the symptoms or one of the remedies of some illnesses in some cases, both.... [tags: Benefits, Happiness]
685 words (2 pages)
- As an extremely challenging and physically demanding pastime, it makes sense that a career in dance has lots of pressures that go along with it. This should come as no surprise seeing that every professional sport requires hard work and at least some sacrifice. It is questionable, however, if there is maybe too much pressure put on dancers in this day and age. Many people do not realize what it takes for a person to make it as a dancer, the dedication and drive the person must have. The fact of the matter is, the outcome of a dancer’s career may not outweigh the physical and emotional damages left over from the long journey to the top.... [tags: essays research papers]
2214 words (6.3 pages)