Some of the most beautiful forms art start with the body movement. Artists use their hands and arms to create smooth or rigid lines. The lines that are left on the canvas can indicate the mood of the artist. Every time the artist creates a masterpiece a mood and a movement is connected to it. The way musicians play their instruments with precision is another way that the body helps to create art. Thus, it is only right that the body's natural movement be considered art. I use the words body's natural movement because daily activities can be considered a dance. Dance does not have to be choreographed in order to be art.
Dance has all been used as a symbol for a rite of passage this is still common today. Young girls Sweet 16, the father daughter dance at a wedding ceremony and the celebration of spiritual awareness are all rites of passage and recognized through dance. Dancing is not something people do only for fun. It is a tradition in families and in society. Celebration ritual practices are the ultimate way for people to express their joy or sadness. Celebration rituals can be about birth, death and everything in between (life). Dance allows people to release emotions that we cannot find the words for.
2. Music should not be the focus when compared to dancing. ...
... middle of paper ...
...volves. The person I was yesterday should not be the same person I am today. Nevertheless, there should be key element at the core of who you are. My family reminds me that I have the safety net that is strong and resilient. They keep me grounded and rooted in something bigger than myself. My friends help to see the endless opportunities that I have. They push me to the moon so that I can land amongst the stars. Lastly I have myself. My family and my friends are a big part of I am but still there are some secrets I keep to myself. There is always a part of me that is removed from the outside world. It cannot be tainted by others perspective of me. This is good because I who I am at any point in time which is different from who people think I should be. When people say, “you are not acting like yourself”. I can respond, “this is just a side of me you have not seen”.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dance: Is it a mating ritual or an art form. The dictionary defines dance as "an artistic form of nonverbal communication" (dance). As Christians we have always heard that dancing is immoral; that dancing only led to one thing- sex. Although this is the general belief, many people find the art of ballet, such as The Nutcracker to be tasteful. Dancing embodies passion, grace and poise. Dancing is not just a mating ritual as we have been told; it is a story that is too good for words. Dancing is a way to communicate with anybody no matter what language they speak or how old they are.... [tags: Dance Dancing]
1912 words (5.5 pages)
- Hip Hop and Baltimore Club The dances and movements of todays is influenced by the evolution of dance. Likewise, culture has played a significant role in dance. There are various reasons to dance, and dance is incorporated in numerous functions. For years, people have dance at weddings, religious ceremonies, professional, clubs, and just for fun. On the other hand, the dance forms have changed over time. Some of the same techniques and styles are common in today’s dancing, but still many changes.... [tags: Dance, History of dance, Hip hop music]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- The Forbidden and The Aloha Dance It is said that ancient times were simpler than the present day. Life was simply about surviving. But of course, change is inevitable. Humans constantly feel the need to expand grounds or to go where conditions are best suited for them. Eventually, a tribe or race would have met another on their own. But what was life like before the different tribes and races met. In present day research, it is seen that though there was no contact whatsoever, separated ancient tribes and/or races were deemed similar.... [tags: Belly dance, Dance, Hula, Ottoman Empire]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- Dance Therapy Dance therapy is a versatile form of therapy founded on the idea that motion and emotion are connected, this type of therapy is beneficial for both physical and mental health using movement to help individuals achieve emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration Dance therapy is a type of therapy that uses movement to further the social, cognitive, emotional, and physical development of an individual. Dance therapists work with people from all ages that may suffer from any type of emotional problems, intellectual deficiencies, or even life-threatening illnesses.... [tags: Dance therapy, Dance, Emotion, Psychotherapy]
1835 words (5.2 pages)
- Dance therapy is a versatile form of therapy founded on the idea that motion and emotion are connected, this type of therapy is beneficial for both physical and mental health using movement to help individuals achieve emotional, cognitive, physical and social integration Dance therapy is a type of therapy that uses movement to further the social, cognitive, emotional, and physical development of an individual. Dance therapists work with people from all ages that may suffer from any type of emotional problems, intellectual deficiencies, or even life-threatening illnesses.... [tags: Dance therapy, Dance, Emotion, Psychotherapy]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Dance is something that has been around for a very long time and throughout the years, has brought together many different cultures. Different forms of dance formed in different parts of the world and they all have different, languages, values, customs, etc. Dance in one part of the world could have a completely different value in another part of the world. And different styles have been created from past knowledge. In America, dance started as a social form. Typically, the dances that were popular during the time were correlated with how the people of the country were feeling.... [tags: Ballet, Modern dance, Dance, Lindy Hop]
1840 words (5.3 pages)
- Dance is an art, a creative portal, a form of expression; it is a sport. Atop all of the things that dance can be, it is also something physical. It takes work, power and effort. It takes stamina, grace and an extreme amount of muscle and flexibility. What do athletes need to have, all of those characteristics. When it comes to athletes, of any kind, dance can help with honing their skills. Something that most athletes do not seem to understand is that dance is just as much a physical and athletic sport as their sport is.... [tags: Dance, Sports]
1894 words (5.4 pages)
- I observed theTahitian Ahurora dance performed at SPSCC Pacific Islander’s Club in 2015. “Hei Iti Vaihi” It and “Rau Tama Nui’ were performed by the dance group, Ha’a Hula. This dance was a ceremonial dance. On this occasion, it was to show cultural appreciation for the dance from Tahiti. Eight to twelve dancers performed as a group, dancing to a rhythmical kind of music. They used many small movements of hips, and rotations, while a song about love was playing, typical of Tahitian Ahurora. ========================================= This performance was not not entirely traditional.... [tags: Dance, Performance, Ceremonial dance]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Dance is a type of recreation that is great fun, exercise and sport. Dance is the movement of the body usually to rhythms or music. It is a form of expression and can even be considered a way of non verbal communication. What exactly dance is, depends on which culture you are speaking of. Dance can be competitive, ceremonial or even sensuous. But whatever you consider dance, all types had a beginning someplace, probably back in the time of the earliest humans. Back in 3300 BC artifacts have been found which depict dancing in tomb paintings.... [tags: Pointe shoes, Ballet, En pointe, Angela Lansbury]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Nowadays, many countries offer dance courses in the Primary school, Middle school, High school and Colleges, but still most countries do not realize the importance of dance education for children. In many countries, there are few schools, schools of art usually only two kinds of music and art offer dance classes, and dance only occasionally appear in campus activities. They ignore the benefits that dance brings to us, such as an improved the ability of cooperation, collective sense of honor, Self-confidence, Exercise perseverance, and so on.... [tags: Dance, Education, Dance therapy, High school]
1478 words (4.2 pages)
- Imagination: The Valuable Asset to Gain Knowledge
- How New Moms Should Treat Their Bodies After Being Pregnant
- Morality of Murder in Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Hybrid Quantum Mechanical/ Molecular Mechanical Simulation of Enzymatic Reaction with the Drude Oscillators Polarizable Force Field
- Analysis of Cathedral
- Should United States Use Torture as a Interrogation Method?