CHAIRMAN - Mr. V.C.Burman
CEO- Mr. Sunil Duggal
BIRTH OF DABUR- 1894
COMPANY TYPE- Public
INDUSTRY- Health care and food
HEADQUARTERS-Dabur tower, kaushambi
Manufacturing Plant was set up in 1896.
In 1919, the research laboratories were set up.
In 1920, it got expanded further and in 1936 it became Dabur India Pvt. Ltd.
Then later in 1995 it came out to be in Joint Venture business.
In 2012 Dabur crosses Billion-Dollar turnover mark.
Currently is the largest Indian Consumer Goods Manufacturing Company.
It has a turnover of Rs. 5283cr.
The products are marketed in more than 50 countries worldwide
The products Dabur Chyawanprash and Hajmola itself give revenue of Rs 100cr each.
It’s ranked as no.2 Indian green brand by Green Brands Global Survey.
Dabur focuses on three major strategic business units like-
1. Consumer care division- includes personal care, consumer health care, home care and foods
2. International business division- catering to health and personal care needs of customers
3. Consumer health division- products that deliver to the old-age benefits
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPOSIBILTY-
It started with many initiatives like that of-
-Rain water harvesting was a focused activity
-Sustainable development society (SUNDESH) in 1993 for the development of the rural and urban poor
- Medicinal plant project, to provide the modern technology for cultivation of required medicinal herbs of Himalayas to the farmers.
- Promoting health and hygiene amongst the underprivileged through ChunniLal medical trust
-Organizing the plant for life programmed for school children-to create environmental awareness among young minds
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF DABUR:
To provide effective and a...
... middle of paper ...
Output of non-organized sectors
Crystal clear brand and product differentiation
Dabur is a big conglomerate. It has many brands and sub-brands under it.
The company is running at a successful rate through its efforts.
They know how to satisfy their consumers as they are the vital asset for their company.
They are taking their business to overseas and trying to expand it more.
Bucchman,R.(1969), Organization Development: Strategies and models, 7,234-58, McGraw Hill.
Bentle,W, (1989), Organization Development: It’s nature, Origins, and Addison- Wesley, Reading, Mass.
Cummings, T.G. and Worley, C.G., 1993, Organization Development and change, West Publishing Company, Minneapolis/ St. Paul (fifth edition)
John, Weasely, H. (1192). Product lines. Available: http://www.dabur-usa.com/. Last accessed 4th December, 1989.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction – Company Overview Wal-Mart is the largest global retailer in U.S. and also one of the biggest multinational companies of any kind in the world. It is a well-known American company offers its products through various retail formats that include: supercenters, supermarkets, hypermarkets, warehouse clubs, cash & carry, home improvement, specialty electronics, restaurants, apparel stores, drug stores, and convenience stores, as well as digital retail. The company relies heavily on their Every Day Low Price (EDLP) strategy which seeks to provide consumers with the lowest prices on many common goods.... [tags: Wal-Mart, Supermarket, Revenue, Hypermarket]
707 words (2 pages)
- Introduction This report will investigate Virgin Galactic and how they achieve high customer satisfaction and competitive advantage whilst looking at their service operations management and investigate how these all function and how they affect customer satisfaction and their competitive advantage. Virgin Galactic is an organisation, which is part of the Virgin companies; it is one of the latest projects that Richard Branson has undertaken. ‘It was founded by Richard Branson in 2004... that releases a rocket full of paying customers that roars up to the edge of space before gliding back down again.’ (The Guardian, 2014) Service Operations Concept “Service concept pla... [tags: Operation, Objectives, Customer Service ]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- History of M.A.C M.A.C was originated from Toronto; it was a result of a brainstorming session by well-known makeup artist and photographer Frank Toskan and beauty salon owner Frank Angelo to launch a makeup line. Their aim was to fulfil their professional needs while conducting shoots in studios. They were frustrated because of the lack of colours available to use on a professional level. M.A.C home ground is Canada. The two entrepreneurs cooked up cosmetics and sold it to different hair salons.... [tags: Market, Promotion, Makeup]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Company Overviews of Nike and Reebok In 1964 in Oregon, Phil Knight and Bill Bowerman join together to make a new enterprise; each contributed about $500 to the partnership. The company started bringing low priced and high tech athletic shoes from Japan to replace the German domination of athletic shoes in the industry. In 1971, a graphic design student created the Swoosh trademark for a $35 fee. In the same year Jeff Johnson, Blue Ribbon Sports’ first employee, made his most durable contribution to the company in coming up with a new name, Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory.... [tags: Shoe Brands Retail Consumerism Essays]
3978 words (11.4 pages)
- Relocation is always an exciting experience and a challenge to the people who have no knowledge about the deployed country. Therefore, we are happy to provide any assistance for your upcoming journey. This article is aim to provide information of Singapore to help you gain your knowledge before your arrival. It includes brief introduction and some suggestions. We hope you may find it useful. History Singapore, strategically situated at the Southern tip of the Malayan Peninsula, between Malaysia and Indonesia, is an island city state with 714 sq km.... [tags: Country Overview, Geography]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- Pepsi Company – An Overview OVERIVEW PepsiCo is a world leader in convenient foods and beverages, with revenues of about $25 billion and over 142,000 employees. The company consists of the snack businesses of Frito-Lay North America and Frito-Lay International; the beverage businesses of Pepsi-Cola North America, Gatorade/Tropicana North America and PepsiCo Beverages International; and Quaker Foods North America, manufacturer and marketer of ready-to-eat cereals and other food products. PepsiCo brands are available in nearly 200 countries and territories.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- Company Overview of Sinopec Corp. Focusing on its core business of petroleum and petrochemicals, China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (Sinopec Corp.) is a publicly listed company with integrated upstream and downstream operations and a complete marketing network. The company was set up on February 28, 2000, pursuant to the [Company Law of the People's Republic of China] and in line with the principle of 'separation of core business from the ancillary, good assets from the bad, and enterprise functions from the social', by China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec Group) as the sole sponsor, after the restructuring of its businesses, assets, debts and creditor's... [tags: Papers]
2572 words (7.3 pages)
- “Basic History Overview” Wal-Mart's history is one of innovation, leadership and success. It started with a single store in Rogers, Arkansas in 1962 and has grown to what is now the world's largest - and arguably, the most emulated - retailer. Some researchers refer to Wal-Mart as the industry trendsetter. Today, this retailing pioneer has annual revenues of over $100 billion, 3,000 stores and more than 750,000 employees worldwide. Wal-Mart operates each store, from the products it stocks, to the front-end equipment that helps speed checkout, with the same philosophy: provide everyday low prices and superior customer service.... [tags: essays research papers]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- Gillette Company Overview Introduction: On Gillette’s 25th anniversary, back in 1926 King C. Gillette announced what was to release the companies’ flag ship product, the world’s first safety razor. "There is no other article for individual use so universally known or widely distributed.” This product is still a world leader but has been accompanied by many other Gillette products that have quickly become established as market leaders across every field they enter. “The Gillette Company today is the global market leader in nearly a dozen major consumer products categories, principally in the grooming, alkaline battery and oral care businesses.” In over 100 years of business, Gillette has... [tags: Business Management Marketing Essays]
3885 words (11.1 pages)
- Bridgestone/Firestone Company Overview Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc., a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, was formed in 1990 when Bridgestone U.S.A. merged with The Firestone Tire & Rubber Company. In addition to manufacturing tires, Bridgestone/Firestone produces a variety of products including air springs, building materials, synthetic and natural rubber, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Nashville, Tennessee-based company has over 38 QS9000/ISO9000 Certified production facilities throughout the Americas, along with numerous international facilities throughout the world.... [tags: essays papers]
2261 words (6.5 pages)
- Current Economic Issues- Impact of Technology in Australia
- Commentary of Evil in Hume’s Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion, Part X
- TechConnect: Brief Overview of Company
- Terrorism and Insurgencies
- Compare and Contrast of‘‘Binsey Poplars’’ by Gerard Manley Hopkins and ‘‘The Trees’’ by Philip Larkin
- An Escape and Getaway